FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

Oliver doesn't actually have to drink that garbage unless Budweiser threatened to pull their sponsorship. Which would have been nice, but that's not what happened. It took the Feds to step in when the advertisers failed to do the right thing.

It's swill, can't believe stores couldn't keep it on shelves... those were the days, summer 2009 I think?

Thankfully apple/cider beers have been a better hit, at least those are drinkable.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine Prince Ali is the embodiment of the word bittersweet today.

Huh. I was thinking fabulous.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oliver doesn't actually have to drink that garbage unless Budweiser threatened to pull their sponsorship. Which would have been nice, but that's not what happened. It took the Feds to step in when the advertisers failed to do the right thing.

It's swill, can't believe stores couldn't keep it on shelves... those were the days, summer 2009 I think?

Thankfully apple/cider beers have been a better hit, at least those are drinkable.

Apple beers suck.

"FIFA cures Blatter infection."

The Swiss authorities apparently instructed all Swiss national FIFA officials who weren't indicted this week - including Blatter - not to try to leave the country. My guess is that before FIFA holds its election, Blatter's photographed doing a perp walk.

nav-logo.png

"FIFA cures Blatter infection."

The Swiss authorities apparently instructed all Swiss national FIFA officials who weren't indicted this week - including Blatter - not to try to leave the country. My guess is that before FIFA holds its election, Blatter's photographed doing a perp walk.

Yep, so no Sepp or his Secretary General at the Women's World Cup. In fact most FIFA officials close to this are either on government lockdown or being advised by their lawyers to avoid the US (or countries that might extradite them to the US). Canada being one of those countries I find it likely you won't see much of a FIFA leadership presence at the FIFA Women's World Cup in the coming weeks.

Seeing how badly they've treated the women's game they won't be missed. So who'll hand out the trophy, Platini?

In a lot of ways, Platini is just as bad (if not worse) than Blatter, so :censored: him.

He opposes the use of goal line technology, so hell, in that regard, he makes Blatter look like a saint.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The easy and logical answer would be for the CSA president, Victor Montagliani, to hand it out. But this is international soccer so maybe Jack Warner will make an appearance while yelling "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY" at the top of his lungs.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The easy and logical answer would be for the CSALA president, Victor Montagliani, to hand it out. But this is international soccer so maybe Jack Warner will make an appearance while yelling "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY" at the top of his lungs.

He can keep yelling it all the way to the back of a police car...

Seeing how badly they've treated the women's game they won't be missed. So who'll hand out the trophy, Platini?

In a lot of ways, Platini is just as bad (if not worse) than Blatter, so :censored: him.

He opposes the use of goal line technology, so hell, in that regard, he makes Blatter look like a saint.

No.

No.

"Blatter" and "saint" never belong in the same sentence together.

spacer.png

I think it Was Platini who handed out the trophy in 2006 when Blatter didn't so i expect the interim chief of CONCACAF to hand it out

Re: Platini, he's not as bad as blatter, but he's also a huge prick and I'd rather he had less power. And he's one of the biggest supporters of Qatar

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Apple beers suck.

Yeah, but alcoholic ciders are fun & those needed a beer push to market.

Over in the U.K we have Toffee Apple Cider. My main gripe is it should be called Cream Soda Cider as that is what it tastes like as that is the main ingredient.

In other news.... England would be ready and able to host the Fifa World Cup in 2022 if it is stripped from Qatar, according to a leading British politician.

British culture secretary John Whittingdale says England have the facilities to step in to host the 2022 event if asked to by world football's governing body Fifa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33005152

glory10.png

I would love to see the US get the 2022 WC but I wouldn't mind seeing my British friends get it either. :)

I'd expect a USA2022 and England 2026, unless they ho Australia 2022 and USA 2026.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I would love to see the US get the 2022 WC but I wouldn't mind seeing my British friends get it either. :)

I'd expect a USA2022 and England 2026, unless they ho Australia 2022 and USA 2026.
IIRC after one federation gets a World Cup, they have to wait for at least 2 more before getting another.

They'll probably not do anything about Russia, UEFA won't throw them under the bus and they've fared much better than Qatar.

If they take away Qatar, they'll be forced to likely give it to the U.S. because we're one of the few countries that can host on short notice, Australia might need more time.

Australia for 2026 would be good, AFC will be pissed if they take away Qatar, and Australia was in the running to begin with.

After that, England for 2030 would be nice as well.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived