NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Extremism in the defense of (sports) liberty is no vice.

Then again, there's nothing extreme about what the GWI is doing, so I guess my analogy is kaput.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Calling Barry Goldwater a real American, Devils avitar I think Icecap is turning into me :grin:

Being outraged at the Phoenix Coyotes is the one true cause that unites us all. #teamjustice

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I say we take after Vancouver and head down to Glendale to start a riot. NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

GOD HATES HOCKEY

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I say we take after Vancouver and head down to Glendale to start a riot. NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!

No need. If this thing passes, it'll be such a tragedy I'm sure the Westboro Baptist church will show up and picket.

GOD HATES HOCKEY

I'm really glad I finished my soda right before clicking on this thread because I'd need a new keyboard after reading that.

As someone who hasn't followed this story that closely, why hasn't Goldwater Institute taken this to court yet? It's been a farce for a long time and illegal things have probably already happened. So what are they waiting for?

I think literally the only thing stopping them is that the deal isn't officially officially in place yet. So nothing illegal has been done yet to sue over.

If Glendale was smart (hold your laughter), they would just bring Goldwater to the bargaining table with the new owner and try to avoid an expensive lawsuit that they will lose. But then the politicians wouldn't be able to say that they "got a deal done for the Coyotes" even if the deal was illegal all along.

As someone who hasn't followed this story that closely, why hasn't Goldwater Institute taken this to court yet? It's been a farce for a long time and illegal things have probably already happened. So what are they waiting for?

I think literally the only thing stopping them is that the deal isn't officially officially in place yet. So nothing illegal has been done yet to sue over.

If Glendale was smart (hold your laughter), they would just bring Goldwater to the bargaining table with the new owner and try to avoid an expensive lawsuit that they will lose. But then the politicians wouldn't be able to say that they "got a deal done for the Coyotes" even if the deal was illegal all along.

That's not stopping them. They're going to court this morning in about 20 minutes when it opens to filed a restraining order against today's vote even happening. They're angling for a violation of the AZ constitution's gifts clause again.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2012/06/07/20120607phoenix-coyotes-deal-goldwater-restraining-order.html

Calling Barry Goldwater a real American, Devils avitar I think Icecap is turning into me :grin:

Being outraged at the Phoenix Coyotes is the one true cause that unites us all. #teamjustice

We could join hands and do a "We are the World" cover video for this cause.

♫Enough's enough. Move the Coyotes.♫

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Temporary restraining order DENIED.

Rationale: Court lacks authority to stop the vote from taking place. That said, it acknowledges Glendale has kind of been doing a crappy job of providing documents within the required time window for such things, so I don't know, grounds for a restraining order on enacting the lease deal I guess.

EDIT: and Goldwater indeed says that they'll be back in court if the vote passes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Temporary restraining order DENIED.

Rationale: Court lacks authority to stop the vote from taking place. That said, it acknowledges Glendale has kind of been doing a crappy job of providing documents within the required time window for such things, so I don't know, grounds for a restraining order on enacting the lease deal I guess.

Court basically told the GWI they need to wait until after the vote to sue. Which they will hopefully do.

Tennis balls. Always with the tennis balls.