NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Well, there are your two franchises to contract, right there.

Hardly. Say hello to your Glendale Diablos! 41 more arena dates filled, just like that.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Those league-owned Devils rumors are bubbling up again.

That makes it even less likely the league will continue on with Glendale. Watch the NHL respond to a ruling tomorrow with "Well, we gave you enough chances, TTFN." and deal that toxic asset to Quebec faster than you can say "Bank of America."

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Watch the Devils get moved to Quebec as hastily as possible.

I was thinking that the biggest shame would be the loss of one of my favorite logos in sports. But I think the Quebec Devils logo could work out well. A couple horns on top of the circle, the stem becomes the devil's tail. I'm on board. I look forward to somebody working up a pitchfork/fleur de lis combo logo for the secondary. This is gonna be great for the Concepts forum.

Vive le Diable!

The Devils aren't going anywhere, so can we just kill all the discussion now please?

Yes, please! The chance the Devils get moved is literally in the negative. The Devils and Coyotes are two entirely difference situations. One team has no money at all, the other just spent a little too much.

Before we say this is a slam dunk for Quebec, let's remember that the NHL was running the Coyotes, Stars, and Blues at the same time this season. They could own both on paper if they really had to, I guess. What a league!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Those league-owned Devils rumors are bubbling up again.

Well, this is all news to me, yet it's no surprise. I think the Devils have a better chance of staying in New Jersey than the Coyotes staying in Phoenix/Glendale. Then again, last year, I said the Thrashers had a better chance at staying in Atlanta. Now look where they are.

With the Devils, they're in a good market, the team just spent too much. The Coyotes are in a bad (hockey) market and don't have the money to squander away, so they're screwing the city of Glendale into doing it for them. Devils stay, Coyotes go.

Ideally.

With the Devils, they're in a good market, the team just spent too much. The Coyotes are in a bad (hockey) market and don't have the money to squander away, so they're screwing the city of Glendale into doing it for them. Devils stay, Coyotes go.

Ideally.

Well the saying is "Only in the *** damn NHL", not "Only in the Intelligent NHL".

I'm sure the NHL can work it out to where the Coyotes can stay in the playoffs long enough to generate the $5 million that the city is short.

:o

It would be beautiful if the Coyotes came to an end against an obstructively trapping team that nobody gives a :censored: about.

:o

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A question.. what would happen if the NHL decide all of a sudden to let the Coyotes move to Quebec City before this coming NHL Draft?? Will the Nordiques names and jersey (practice jersey of the old Nords logo??) be used asap? or is it too damn late to get all set up fast? That i wonder.. got an odd feeling it might happen soon (but I could be mistaken on this... )

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

A question.. what would happen if the NHL decide all of a sudden to let the Coyotes move to Quebec City before this coming NHL Draft?? Will the Nordiques names and jersey (practice jersey of the old Nords logo??) be used asap? or is it too damn late to get all set up fast? That i wonder.. got an odd feeling it might happen soon (but I could be mistaken on this... )

Probably what they did with Winnipeg last year:

Mark+Scheifele+2011+NHL+Entry+Draft+Round+Q549HhukVzgl.jpg

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

i just checked the canadian trademark office and the nhl still owns the name quebec nordiques. if something would to happen with selling the team, that would be one of the first things to check before the coyotes move.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

It's the NHL. We're not talking about a competent league here.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

i just checked the canadian trademark office and the nhl still owns the name quebec nordiques. if something would to happen with selling the team, that would be one of the first things to check before the coyotes move.

The NHL didn't sell the rights to the Jets to TNSE until after they purchased and moved the Thrashers.