NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Las Vegas now offering, for the low low price of two season ticket deposits, a free replica jersey of a team that may never have a name, logo, or colors. Expect the offer to be upped to an ownership stake and complimentary buffet at the Bellagio by next Thursday.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anaheim just isn't a Wednesday hockey kind of town, apparently. Real Sunrise kinda vibe to Honda Center tonight. Again.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anaheim just isn't a Wednesday hockey kind of town, apparently. Real Sunrise kinda vibe to Honda Center tonight. Again.

Over 16600. 500 from a sellout. For a Wednesday night against Ottawa sandwhiched between a Red Wings game and a Kings game, that's all right.

Also, you always like to point this out right around puck drop or just into the first. The crowd always arrives late. We've been through this dance.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yep, dammit, the Dodgeresque crowd threw me again. I forget that they're late-arrivers. What would it take to get the Anaheim crowd to show up on time? 8:00 starts? 8:30? A Teemu ceremony before every home game?

Yep, dammit, the Dodgeresque crowd threw me again. I forget that they're late-arrivers. What would it take to get the Anaheim crowd to show up on time? 8:00 starts? 8:30? A Teemu ceremony before every home game?

Not having work and school that day, like many other places that don't have the best of public transportation methods.

Something many of you forget is that this board isn't like the crowd you'll see at sporting events. We're all big sports fans and plan our game days unlike most people do. For most folks, it's the husband and/or wife leaving work at (or after) 5pm, getting home during the brunt of rush-hour traffic, picking up the kids from school or daycare or a neighbor's/relative's house, getting home, getting yourself and the kids ready, then getting back out into the rush-hour and gameday traffic heading to the stadium, and everything else.

Week-night games are really geared towards those that don't have typical work hours or children.

And regular 8pm week-night games are going to chase away those fans with 9-5 jobs and children. Late starts mean late endings.

Then maybe cities with bad public transportation should either get good public transportation or not be in the business of funneling 18,000 people in and out of one place. If every team had late/bad attendance on weeknights, no one would talk about it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anaheim should consider 7:30 starts if the transportation situation is that bad. The Kings start at 7:30, and so do the Blackhawks, after a 1-season experiment with 7:00 starts failed.

In two weeks, Las Vegas has found 7,000 of the 10,000 people it wanted to drop down a $150 refundable deposit on potential NHL season tickets. Hey, that seems very, very bad! I bet the league won't be holding any guns to heads about it like they did with Winnipeg, though!

Wasn't the big story that they got 5,000 deposits in 36 hours? That means they got the other 2,000 in about 12 and a half days. Seems like there are about 5,000 passionate hockey fans in Las Vegas. That sounds like the right number for an ECHL team.

A team in Vegas would be a monumental disaster. With no exaggeration needed, it would make the Coyotes look like the Blackhawks. There would be no more than 7,000 people there on any given game-day.

sig.png

Anaheim should consider 7:30 starts if the transportation situation is that bad. The Kings start at 7:30, and so do the Blackhawks, after a 1-season experiment with 7:00 starts failed.

The Angels are also 7:00 starts, for what that's worth. The Ducks used to start at 7:30. I forget when they switched to 7:00. (Coming out of the lockout maybe? I really don't remember.) And they do have the occasional 7:30 start. (Usually for the midweek NBCSN games, but there were a couple 7:30 starts on Fridays over the last two seasons for no discernible reason.) I'd be ok with 7:30. Doesn't bother me one way or the other, I just properly appropriate my time. The only time that the start time truly bothers me is when we get into the conference or Cup final with the 5:00 start, but you can't really do anything about that.

And Anaheim just opened a "transportation hub" across the street where they moved the Amtrak/Metrolink station, but people don't really use the Metrolink. We're all so conditioned to car travel out here and our roads/cities are built around that that implementing public transportation is always a major fruitless cluster :censored: . They're supposed to get a light rail system going between the transportation thing and the stadiums and the Disney area, but who the hell knows when that thing will get put in.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Devils couldn't draw in their heyday when they weren't playing in Newark. You think they'll fill a barn now?

Sometimes the devil is in the details. Funny story - when I was in grade school, I had a teacher who was a big Devils fan. According to my best friend, whom I first met in this class, around the time the Devils won the Cup in '95, he and I started to hang out. It has turned into a 20 year friendship.

So in a strange way, I have New Jersey to thank for that.

In other hockey news:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tory-toronto-support-two-nhl-teams/

Sometimes the devil is in the details. Funny story - when I was in grade school, I had a teacher who was a big Devils fan. According to my best friend, whom I first met in this class, around the time the Devils won the Cup in '95, he and I started to hang out. It has turned into a 20 year friendship.

So in a strange way, I have New Jersey to thank for that.

In other hockey news:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tory-toronto-support-two-nhl-teams/

Funny story. The guy who has the radio show that John Tory was talking to, Fearless Fred? He's a Winnipeg boy. Back in the day, I used to hang out with a few radio guys, and he was an intern at the rock station. One of the DJ and I were working on a musical project, and he was totally impressed that I played bass, and hung around me like a puppy for weeks, asking me to give him lessons.

He's come a long way. Good to see.

Welcome to DrunjFlix