NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

http://espn.go.com/n...cording-sources

ESPN reporting that Jamison doesn't have the money but A Secret Unnamed Mystery Group does OH FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST

I swear to God if that group doesn't speak French....

I wouldn't worry too much. Reading that article, it looks like the new "mystery group" needs a deal similar to the one Jamison was given (ie: a gifthorse) and they need it in the next week or 2 at the most. Neither will happen. The new council has already said they want a deal far more favorable to the city and they're not going to rush this along and make a mistake like the last group of morons that ran that city. We may still be on course for the end of the Coyotes after this season.

Based on what? We don't even know who they are or what they do! or if they exist!

EDIT: this post was based on your saying that the new ownership group is better, which disappeared

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Based on what? We don't even know who they are or what they do! or if they exist!

EDIT: this post was based on your saying that the new ownership group is better, which disappeared

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the new Glendale city council group, not the new ownership group.

EDIT: And it looks like he edited his post to clarify that.

I clarified it. Never meant the new "mystery group", I was talking about the new council.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I want to say they're not idiots, but you have to err on the side of stupid with Glendale.

I can't imagine a deal more favorable than the one that will have already failed. What a stupid mess.

Well FS Arizona is reporting that the "mystery group" needs the current super sweetheart deal. If the council doesn't extend to them Jamison's deal they won't be able to close either. So that bodes very well for this group also failing.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/01/30/13/Jamison-unlikely-to-meet-deadline-for-Co/landing_coyotes.html?blockID=856841&feedID=3702

Of course they need it. The market is an absolute disaster.

They have an on-ice record most teams would kill for. They're competitive. And yet they play in front of an empty arena.

Put that team in almost any other current market and they'd be at the top of the attendance figures. Yet the Coyotes have never had a profitable season since moving from Winnipeg.

I'm somewhat optimistic that the new Glendale council will hold firm. They have an opportunity to lay all the blame for the bad deal on their predecessors, which always helps politicians do the right thing.

I think my favorite detail from the many side stories that developed throughout this whole affair is the crowd who railed against Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, who constantly berated him as some good-for-nothing conspiratorial liar because he said bad stuff 'bout the 'Yotes.

Congratulations, gang, you were proven right! Sunnucks said Jamison had the money lined up earlier this week! You won!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

By the way, I'm watching the Coyotes tonight on the Fox Sports Arizona feed. Commercial breaks are running about 2/3 network promos & PSAs to 1/3 actual paid advertisements, and that ratio may be generous. Can't sell tickets, can't sell spots, can't sell the team.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

By the way, I'm watching the Coyotes tonight on the Fox Sports Arizona feed. Commercial breaks are running about 2/3 network promos & PSAs to 1/3 actual paid advertisements, and that ratio may be generous. Can't sell tickets, can't sell spots, can't sell the team.

You didn't get Nash Rash? Strong soul.

All this talk about a new Secret Mystery Ownership Group makes me think of this:

If you watch the highlights from tonight's Oilers game, close your eyes and you can quite vividly hear the acoustics of the building in action due to the barely apparent crowd. It kind of sounds like a minor league baseball game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If you watch the highlights from tonight's Oilers game, close your eyes and you can quite vividly hear the acoustics of the building in action due to the barely apparent crowd. It kind of sounds like a minor league baseball game.

Wait, you heard that guy yell ":censored:" quite clearly too?