2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

I cannot see any scenario involving a healthy Aaron Rodgers in which the Packers do not go to the Super Bowl. Who from the NFC is going to get in their way?

Dare I say the Cardinals?

Also, if Brees is down..... Grayson starts. I'm okay with that.

But... but Luke McCown:

https://youtu.be/hwF5tzFi11s

Grayson was the 3rd QB taken in the draft, and he's Bree's successor. You give him the nod over McCown IMO.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot see any scenario involving a healthy Aaron Rodgers in which the Packers do not go to the Super Bowl. Who from the NFC is going to get in their way?

Dare I say the Cardinals?

That would be my pick. Provided Carson Palmer remains upright for the entire season.

Anyway, it's only week two. Let's not get too carried away just yet.

Absolutely. The Cardinals are actually very scary if Carson Palmer can actually stay healthy. They have a great defense and a decent amount of weapons on offense. It feels weird to say because they're the Cardinals, but they seem to just be rounding into form. They kind of remind me of the Seahawks in 2012/2013.

This is a team that needs QB depth though just in case..... dare we see the Cards trading for a QB?

Cassell just got traded to Dallas.

Because starting former Cleveland Browns great Brandon Weeden wasn't going to work*

*Daily shot at Cleveland.

Well, he's only going to be a backup since Weeden is a "thing of beauty on throwing a football" and "you won’t see a more gifted passer," according to Jerry Jones.

IUe6Hvh.png

Why don't any of you have the Chargers in the playoffs? We hope Melvin Gordon can have a gnarly rookie season. Would put us into playoff or division contention.

I don't know what my playoffs look like. Maybe something like...

1. Colts

2. Ravens

3. Patriots

4. Chargers

5. Dolphins

6. Steelers

1. Packers

2. Eagles

3. Seahawks

4. Panthers

5. Lions

6. Cowboys

Colts over Eagles 34-17.

chicken-dance-2.gif

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Cassell just got traded to Dallas.

Because starting former Cleveland Browns great Brandon Weeden wasn't going to work*

*Daily shot at Cleveland.

Well, he's only going to be a backup since Weeden is a "thing of beauty on throwing a football" and "you wont see a more gifted passer," according to Jerry Jones.

Christian Ponder, Matt Flynn, Josh Johnson and McLeod Bethel-Thompson all worked out for Dallas today. Them getting Cassell basically for free, giving BUF a 2017 5th rounder* for Cassell and 7th, says more about those four.

*-They most likely to get multiple compensatory 3rd day picks regardless as a result of how free agency works.

Cassell and Weeden; guh. Makes me sleep well at night knowing the fate of this franchise's season hangs in the balance of these two guys.

#obvioussarcasmisobvious

For Sunday, add Kellen Moore as he will be Weeden's backup. On their practice squad in weeks 1 and 2, he was placed on the active roster this afternoon.

Cassell isn't a terrible pickup considering what Dallas got him for. I'm surprised he isn't getting the backup spot. They must really like Kellen Moore.

Kellen Moore at least is familiar with Scott Linehan's system as he was the OC with the Lions for Morre's first two NFL seasons.

The gameplan goes in today. You cannot put Cassel out there even in an emergency when he just got off a plane and had a physical.

Remember when Josh Freeman was put in on a Monday night by the Vikings against NYG? You'd get that worse than that in terms of him being lost.

Cassell isn't a terrible pickup considering what Dallas got him for. I'm surprised he isn't getting the backup spot. They must really like Kellen Moore.

Kellen Moore at least is familiar with Scott Linehan's system as he was the OC with the Lions for Morre's first two NFL seasons.

The gameplan goes in today. You cannot put Cassel out there even in an emergency when he just got off a plane and had a physical.

Remember when Josh Freeman was put in on a Monday night by the Vikings against NYG? You'd get that worse than that in terms of him being lost.

Well that makes more sense in terms of the next game. I assumed you meant long term when I read your last post.

Trying to quote but it's not working...

Anyway, I recall when the Eagles signed Pat Ryan literally off of a construction site (literally he was a contractor in Tenn) and then that week when Jim McMahaon went down against Washington on MNF, he had to go in and play basically the whole game. That... didn't go so well.

Playing a QB right signing him is never a good idea!

EDIT: The new insert-link thing isn't working for me either. Maybe just my browser. Anyway, article about this absurd signing (not that anyone cares)

http://articles.philly.com/1991-09-04/sports/25801785_1_training-camp-eagles-free-safety-system

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Tell Linebaka to eat a bowl of Cheerios and set his "system" on fire. Granted it's not that hard to pick up since just about every NFL defensive coordinator figured it out after a season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Brees is out, and they are going with McClown......

Why?

Because breaking the will (and body) of your "QB of the future" before he's fully up to speed is stupid?

Besides, he's a 3rd rounder, not some ballyhooed generational talent.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why?

Because breaking the will (and body) of your "QB of the future" before he's fully up to speed is stupid?

You look at Grayson's stats in college again....

The real reason he was not drafted higher has to do with his throwing mechanics more than anything.

Also, Grayson should be starting if he's the future QB...... and he was also the 3rd QB taken for a reason.

Why?

You look at Grayson's stats in college again....

Annnd should we mention he played in the Mountain West Conference for added context to those stats here? Colorado State wasn't bad last year, but any stats that were racked up came at the expense of lower-level competition.

The real reason he was not drafted higher has to do with his throwing mechanics more than anything.

If you're entertaining competing for a playoff berth in the NFL this season, which *glances at NFC South* you should still be doing if you're the Saints, it strikes me that this would be suboptimal at the QB position. Remember Tebow?

Also, Grayson should be starting if he's the future QB......

Or he should be getting trained up because the plan was that he'd replace Brees in a year or two, not 3 games into his rookie season.

and he was also the 3rd QB taken for a reason.

Because there weren't any really good "franchise" QBs left on the board after Winston and Mariota? I mean, he went in the 3rd round. You don't usually get immediate starting NFL QB talent there.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived