2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

I'd advocate the termination of the entire Rams offensive coaching staff, but it doesn't matter. Fisher's likely gone after this season and the team's moving, so we wouldn't be able to find an OC. Like this past offseason.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for RockStarMatt and CowboysFan92 which path should the Cowboys take:

A: Knowing that the season could be potentially over by the time Romo comes back, blow up the season and vie for a top pick in the draft

or

B: Knowing that the Eagles, Giants and Redskins are trying not to win the NFC East, ride out the storm, hope Cassell or Wheedon can get you a few more wins and try to make a late surge towards the end of the season when Romo and Dez comes back

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

A: Knowing that the season could be potentially over by the time Romo comes back, blow up the season and vie for a top pick in the draft

or

B: Knowing that the Eagles, Giants and Redskins are trying not to win the NFC East, ride out the storm, hope Cassell or Wheedon can get you a few more wins and try to make a late surge towards the end of the season when Romo and Dez comes back

B. There is still a chance. It's getting smaller and smaller with each passing week; but there is still a chance.

From the rumors it sounds like Stephen Jones wants to have Dez in the starting lineup in the game against New York at MetLife in two weeks. The games against Tampa Bay and Miami are winnable, not set in stone though.

All Dallas needs is to be 1-2 (3 is pushing it, but is the absolute ceiling) games behind the Division Leader and they'd attempt to go out guns blazing.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

or

Unlike in the NHL or NBA, do teams really try for the top draft pick? They seem to prefer "momentum going into next season" to "Vying for the top pick."

Maybe if Romo is borderline, health-wise, their place in the standings would impact their decision, but as long as they are in the hunt, they'll try to play everyone who can play. They are definitely going for "B".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah! In the NFL, every team's goal is the playoffs at least. The teams that don't get there just didn't have the right personel in place or a string of bad luck and injuries. The elite teams are the ones year in and year out are Super Bowl or bust, those teams usually win divisions, make the playoffs, and if they fall short were just a few plays or pieces away from it. Then there are the miracle teams same in other sports, mostly baseball where everything magically lines up at just the right time. Like the Giants in 08/09 and the Packers in 09/10, where they had to win every game on the road to get there.

It's a problem me and a lot of Brewers fans have been having lately, where we want management to say we are in this to be World Series champions, but instead get fed the lines about just being competitive. What does that even mean? And having the Packers in the state, that doesn't cut it anymore.

Back onto football. I'm liking what I'm seeing with the Pack, although like I said before, it just feels like business as usual. That's what's expected of them every year. I'm kinda digging the Bengals as the scrappy underdogs this year and can see them making noise and hopefully for the long suffering Bengal faithful can put something together for the next few years. And win a Super Bowl as long as it's not against us!

packchampionslfroh.png

The Bengals would need some extreme health luck to both work in their favor and against their potential playoff opponents for them to reach the super bowl. They're a good team, but I can't see them beating New England in New England because of the Belichick/Marvin Lewis factor.

What you're seeing now is what this team would've looked like a year ago had the offense been healthy. They were extremely handcuffed in the later games and the playoff games by their personnel.

All I'm hoping for out of this season is that they win a damn playoff game. If they can get a first round bye (and it's way too early to discuss that) then I will personally count that as a playoff victory.

But I'm having the most fun I've ever had as a Bengals fan right now. Yesterday was one of my top 5 all-time favorite games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Bengals would need some extreme health luck to both work in their favor and against their potential playoff opponents for them to reach the super bowl. They're a good team, but I can't see them beating New England in New England because of the Belichick/Marvin Lewis factor.

What you're seeing now is what this team would've looked like a year ago had the offense been healthy. They were extremely handcuffed in the later games and the playoff games by their personnel.

All I'm hoping for out of this season is that they win a damn playoff game. If they can get a first round bye (and it's way too early to discuss that) then I will personally count that as a playoff victory.

But I'm having the most fun I've ever had as a Bengals fan right now. Yesterday was one of my top 5 all-time favorite games.

You're over there oohing and ahhing over the Bengals going 5-0, I'm sitting here wondering what the hell happened to Seattle in the 4th quarter?!?

They're up 24-7 in the 4th. This is the time you put your foot on their throat and show no mercy. Simple as that... But, I will give Cincinnati its due for making the comeback.

It's still amazing how far Vick can throw a football by barely flicking his wrist.

...or how he went on a 30-something yard run (damn-near untouched) to set-up the game-winning TD by LeVeon Bell.

I don't know if the Steelers just wanted it more or just the Bolts have :censored:ty clock management.

It's not surprising (considering the circumstances), but Matt Cassel will be under center for Dallas's match-up against the New York Giants in East Rutherford in two weeks.

What's going to be hopefully good news for Cassel is he may have Dez Bryant to throw for that game.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

or

I think B is the obvious answer here. Luckily, the Eagles haven't been that good this year because they were playing to their preseason hype, they'd be about to run away with the division. We only need two more wins out of these next 4-5 (at Giants, home against the Seahawks and Eagles, at Buccaneers and at Dolphins, Romo will be available to return against Miami). Hopefully Cassel will provide a better spark than Weeden, and hopefully Dez returns within two games.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Rumor around the campfire is that Johnny Football is in hot water with the police after a domestic incident involving alcohol.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Rumor around the campfire is that Johnny Football is in hot water with the police after a domestic incident involving alcohol.

I just heard a little about this on the news. I guess he and his GF were fighting in a car and got pulled over and the both had been drinking.

If he was under the limit, and didn't assault her or do anything like that, is there even an issue? Or is part of his deal with the team that he won't have even a sip of alcohol?

Now If it turns out that he was lit and the cop let him go without DUI, then there's going to be a lot of people with some 'splainin' to do.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived