infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL Week 2

infrared41

Week 2 gave us a couple great match ups, a couple pretty good ones, and no real train wrecks. So let's spin the big wheel and start our game. As always, your mileage may vary.

Best:

1. 49ers - Steelers: Fortunately for us, the right team was wearing black in a game involving the 49ers this week. Just a great looking match up between two outstanding uniforms.

Niners-Steelers.jpg

2. Cowboys - Eagles: While I'm not a big fan of the Eagles overall look, I do like the all white combo. In my opinion, it's Philly's best look. As my BAFS co-host, Zach, said this week, "the Cowboys need to stop being afraid of those blue jerseys." I couldn't agree more. It's a really good look - and the colors actually match.

Cowboys-Eagles.jpg

3. Seahawks - Packers: The shocker of the week. Seattle makes the best list. Seattle's overall look is mostly made up of clown suits, but there are a couple combos that look pretty good and all white is one of them. This look does a nice job of toning down all the silly Nike elements in the Hawks uniforms. Add the top 5 look of the Packers and this is a nice looking game - and the outcome wasn't bad either. B)

Pack%202.jpg

4. Lions - Vikings: Minnesota should have been on the best list last week, but the 49ers ruined the game by wearing that disaster they call their alternate. The Lions continue to ride the "improvement through attrition" train to another appearance on the best list.

Vikings%204.jpg

5. Patriots - Bills: Picking match up #5 was a tough call this week. In the end, the Bills carried this one. The only way the Bills can look bad these days is by going blue monochrome. A little less blue all around and this one gets a higher spot. Still a pretty good looking game. The Patriots make another "improvement through attrition" appearance on the best list.

Bills.png

Honroable Mention: Texans - Panthers: This Texans look is becoming one of my favorites. While I'm usually a fan of all white looks, the Panthers in all white is not one of my favorites. It's not bad at all, but I don't like well enough to put this game higher on the list. A fine looking match up but nothing special.

Texans%20vs%20Panthers.jpg

Worst:

1. Buccaneers - Saints: We're going to assign contributory negligence in this one. The Bucs are 85% responsible for this game topping the worst list. The Saints and those God-awful black pants are good for the other 15%. Look at the bright side, after this season, we only have 3 more years in which we have to endure these horrific Bucs uniforms. Wow, what a comically awful look. Arena League teams looks at Tampa's uniforms and laugh.

Bucs%204.jpg

2. Titans - Browns: The new "ruin a potentially great match up" rule in action. We'll let the pictures tell the story for this one.

This doesn't look bad at all...

Browns%201.jpeg

This is where things go off the rails...

Browns%202.jpg

In all honesty, I really wanted to like this match up. I just can't get past the stupidity of the truncated stripe and the Browns wordmark on the pants. There are good aspects to the new Browns uniforms, but there is just so much stupid going on...

That's it for this week. Thanks for dropping by. We'll reconvene next week for another round.

BB52Big.jpg

I really cannot get behind the Eagles/Cowboys matchup. I do really like the rare navy uniform for Dallas as all of the colors match. However, the midnight green of the Eagles is too dark and I really do not like the all white look. If this matchup went back to the early 90s, then yes, it would be a top 5 matchup. The Eagles' kelly green would complement the Cowboys' navy very well.

I really cannot get behind the Eagles/Cowboys matchup. I do really like the rare navy uniform for Dallas as all of the colors match. However, the midnight green of the Eagles is too dark and I really do not like the all white look. If this matchup went back to the early 90s, then yes, it would be a top 5 matchup. The Eagles' kelly green would complement the Cowboys' navy very well.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I still think this week's game deserved a spot on the best list. If I had my way, the Eagles would go back to this look.

bill_romanowski_1994_12_04.jpgrandall_cunningham_1994_11_20.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I still think this week's game deserved a spot on the best list. If I had my way, the Eagles would go back to this look.

bill_romanowski_1994_12_04.jpgrandall_cunningham_1994_11_20.jpg

Pffft. How can a take an Eagles uniform with so few sleeve stripes seriously?

Eagles4_zpsxjl9lvt2.jpg

I loved it at the time, but man I hate kelly+black now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm kind of surprise Rams-Redskins didn't get more love. It was a great looking game, as far as the colors go.

IMO there's nothing great about the Rams colors. Depressing.

I'm not saying the colors are good, I'm saying they clash well. You can't tell me this doesn't look good together.

rodney-mcleod-matt-jones-nfl-st.-louis-r

I'm kind of surprise Rams-Redskins didn't get more love. It was a great looking game, as far as the colors go.

IMO there's nothing great about the Rams colors. Depressing.

I'm not saying the colors are good, I'm saying they clash well. You can't tell me this doesn't look good together.

rodney-mcleod-matt-jones-nfl-st.-louis-r

But royal would've looked beeeeeetter

Really like the weekly updates Red, but can we lay off the "mismatched Cowboy blues" comment every week?

I know they don't match, most Cowboys fans know they don't match….hell, Stevie Wonder knows they don't match. The truth is I don't care. It's a quirk many here have grown accustomed to and I think stripping it away in the name of consistency is a mistake. To me, having the blue elements of the white uniform (pants and all) have either all navy or all royal as a "unifying" color would look foreign to me. I even like the silver-green pants, which makes even less sense. I guess it's my growing up with something I identify with. We still look better than the Seahawks, Buccaneers and Jags entire set.

As far as the "blue jersey curse" goes, I swear Cowboy fans (the ones I know) care a lot less about it than you would think. I think Cowboys opponents play it up more than Dallas does to be honest.

The white jersey at home thing is another quirk I grew up around. I like it.

newsig.jpg

Really like the weekly updates Red, but can we lay off the "mismatched Cowboy blues" comment every week?

I know they don't match, most Cowboys fans know they don't match.hell, Stevie Wonder knows they don't match. The truth is I don't care. It's a quirk many here have grown accustomed to and I think stripping it away in the name of consistency is a mistake. To me, having the blue elements of the white uniform (pants and all) have either all navy or all royal as a "unifying" color would look foreign to me. I even like the silver-green pants, which makes even less sense. I guess it's my growing up with something I identify with. We still look better than the Seahawks, Buccaneers and Jags entire set.

As far as the "blue jersey curse" goes, I swear Cowboy fans (the ones I know) care a lot less about it than you would think. I think Cowboys opponents play it up more than Dallas does to be honest.

The white jersey at home thing is another quirk I grew up around. I like it.

I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone but I've got to admit the navy set is miles ahead of the white. It looks totaly awesome and the fact that colors actually match is a major reason why. Tradition can be good for some (Packers, Raiders, Colts, etc) but the Cowboys white set is definitely a hot mess and has been looking like crap for way too long.

Archived