MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

48 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Lids.com has the ST hats with no patch on them (at least on the preview image) ordered a Diamondbacks one. Hopefully it really doesn't have the patch on it.

I saw the Red Sox hats in my local lids without patches on them, just the league logo. So, they sell them like that for sure. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2016 at 3:36 PM, jayjackson3 said:

I don't think I can post pictures yet but I've seen the new patterns for the Stars & Stripes uniforms. Better than last year but I'm still not a fan. It appears teams will be wearing the Digital Woodland Camo for Memorial Day instead of the Digital Desert Camo they have been wearing the past few years. It will still the Marine Corps pattern. 

is this just the memorial day unis or possibly the 4th of july as well?

any hints on the caps? will they be DE this year?

13 hours ago, patsox said:

I saw the Red Sox hats in my local lids without patches on them, just the league logo. So, they sell them like that for sure. 

Been to 3 Lids in two states since they were released. None of them had the ST patch versions. You should be good. 

Question for those of you who feel the Marlins should emphasize teal more... Do you realize they no longer use teal and you would like it brought back or do you think that there is currently teal in their color scheme? 

The blue they have, a blue that is different from every other shade of blue in baseball, is not teal, it's like a lighter blue than royal blue but not as light as baby/sky/columbia/powder blue. The Marlins call it "ocean blue" as it represents the ocean waters.

Just wanted to clarify that because, not just on here, but in many places, I still hear the Marlins referred to as wearing teal. It could easily be an oversight but they no longer use teal.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Men's Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera Majestic Navy Flexbase Authentic Collection On-Field Spring Training Player Jersey

If this is the Tigers Spring Training jersey.... then what is this jersey......... which is being sold as an "Official/Authentic Collection" jersey on mlb shop...

Men's Detroit Tigers Majestic Navy Official Cool Base Jersey

Looks like it might just be a fashion jersey from last year. They aren't selling it in FlexBase. Also, product description for the one I linked says 2015.

http://shop.mlb.com/Detroit_Tigers_Jerseys/Mens_Detroit_Tigers_Miguel_Cabrera_Majestic_Navy_2015_Cool_Base_Player_Jersey

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Men's Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera Majestic Navy Flexbase Authentic Collection On-Field Spring Training Player Jersey

If this is the Tigers Spring Training jersey.... then what is this jersey......... which is being sold as an "Official/Authentic Collection" jersey on mlb shop...

Men's Detroit Tigers Majestic Navy Official Cool Base Jersey

Fashion jersey that has always been around online or at stores in Detroit...

On 2/14/2016 at 7:28 AM, jp1409 said:

The more I look at it the more I like it. I have to agree about the fish, it would look spectacular without it. Neon, South Beach, it looks way more Miami than the regular logo...

I did this a while back with the orange to show how nice/clean it is without the fish.

Miami.jpg

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Question for those of you who feel the Marlins should emphasize teal more... Do you realize they no longer use teal and you would like it brought back or do you think that there is currently teal in their color scheme? 

The blue they have, a blue that is different from every other shade of blue in baseball, is not teal, it's like a lighter blue than royal blue but not as light as baby/sky/columbia/powder blue. The Marlins call it "ocean blue" as it represents the ocean waters.

Just wanted to clarify that because, not just on here, but in many places, I still hear the Marlins referred to as wearing teal. It could easily be an oversight but they no longer use teal.

(using the jingle to Statefarm) Like a good neighbor Colorwerx is there...

22 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

No.  I've never had that illusion, although the new Spring Training alt has nearly tricked my mind a few times.  I don't know if it's that I associate the color with the team, or that the lighter and paler blue on the patch makes the blue on the logo look darker and more tealish.  Alas.  'Tis only a dream.

Although I did just realize as I did a check of my brain after reading your post that I still thought the name of the stadium on the outside was in teal.  Even though I once drove by it on a trip to Shake Shack when visiting family in the Miami area, I've really never seen the exterior of the park, especially the name, so I guess I always imagined it like the pre-new identity renderings.  I didn't remember until I went back to take a look at the old renders that the identity changed right before the new park, so they all had the old identity and colors everywhere.

Marlins_2009_8.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

No.  I've never had that illusion, although the new Spring Training alt has nearly tricked my mind a few times.  I don't know if it's that I associate the color with the team, or that the lighter and paler blue on the patch makes the blue on the logo look darker and more tealish.  Alas.  'Tis only a dream.

Although I did just realize as I did a check of my brain after reading your post that I still thought the name of the stadium on the outside was in teal.  Even though I once drove by it on a trip to Shake Shack when visiting family in the Miami area, I've really never seen the exterior of the park, especially the name, so I guess I always imagined it like the pre-new identity renderings.  I didn't remember until I went back to take a look at the old renders that the identity changed right before the new park, so they all had the old identity and colors everywhere.

Marlins_2009_8.jpg

Good post. Yeah in the time period of the ballpark development and construction it was pre-rebranding so its amazing how many ballpark images and renderings have the old logos and colors.

Also, related but unrelated if anyone cares... Marlins Park should finally be getting an official name, like with a sponsor's name in it, sometime soon. Even though it's been delayed several times, the hope was to have it in place by Opening Day of this year. Again, there's a chance that's delayed but naming rights should be coming "sooner rather than later."

17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I did this a while back with the orange to show how nice/clean it is without the fish.

Miami.jpg

It's not the worst idea but I think without the Fish, what team is that? It's just an M. There's nothing that says what the team is. I know there's many teams whose cap logos don't say what the team is but I don't think it works in this case.

I'd lean more towards removing the M and leaving the Fish alone as an alternate/BP/Spring Training type of cap, much like the Rockies with their mountain logo, the Rays with their sunburst, the Red Sox when they did their hanging socks logo, and the Mariners with their compass logo. I'd say the Marlins Fish is still a bit too abstract to be left alone, much like the Rays sunburst which is a bit too much like an emoji or a POW and isn't as clear cut as, say, the Mariners compass... but I'd still rather the Marlins try the Fish alone instead of the M alone.

Just my opinion on it, as a Marlins fan myself.

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It's not the worst idea but I think without the Fish, what team is that? It's just an M. There's nothing that says what the team is. I know there's many teams whose cap logos don't say what the team is but I don't think it works in this case.

I'd lean more towards removing the M and leaving the Fish alone as an alternate/BP/Spring Training type of cap, much like the Rockies with their mountain logo, the Rays with their sunburst, the Red Sox when they did their hanging socks logo, and the Mariners with their compass logo. I'd say the Marlins Fish is still a bit too abstract to be left alone, much like the Rays sunburst which is a bit too much like an emoji or a POW and isn't as clear cut as, say, the Mariners compass... but I'd still rather the Marlins try the Fish alone instead of the M alone.

Just my opinion on it, as a Marlins fan myself.

I think the last sentence is key here.  You've never had a cap insignia that didn't have a fish on it.  It's not that there's many teams that don't have a representation of the team name on the cap.  That's the standard for the sport.  No one mistakes the two interlocking NYs except for mom's who disappoint their children with the wrong cap.  No one's going to look at that cap and not think Marlins.  Not only are they the only M at the moment, but that's not a letter font anyone's going to think is on a Twins or Mariners cap.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I think the last sentence is key here.  You've never had a cap insignia that didn't have a fish on it.  It's not that there's many teams that don't have a representation of the team name on the cap.  That's the standard for the sport.  No one mistakes the two interlocking NYs except for mom's who disappoint their children with the wrong cap.  No one's going to look at that cap and not think Marlins.  Not only are they the only M at the moment, but that's not a letter font anyone's going to think is on a Twins or Mariners cap.

Fair points and well said... but now I'm crying for the kids who got the wrong NY caps from their mothers. That's so sad.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Fair points and well said... but now I'm crying for the kids who got the wrong NY caps from their mothers. That's so sad.

"What?  It's the same thing."  My first cap was a Mets cap, which I wore for half a year until someone stole it from my head on the bus.  Of course, my mom grew up a Mets fan until the existence of Derek Jeter, so I'm still not 100% sure it wasn't a setup.  I was in first grade, so I barely knew the difference myself and just wore it.

Although there was also a funny instance where someone gave my mom a black Yankees cap with black insignia and orange drop shadow, and she was going to give it to my Mets fan uncle until I pointed out the difference.  It was barely legible, though, as it was black-on-black, so I think she gave it to him and he really didn't notice.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived