MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

7 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

they did, a nice touch.

Wish more teams would do this, switch out the stickers when they wear alt jerseys. Or, you know, have a third or fourth helmet.

That said, huge fan of the home O's helmet with the blacks.

As an equipment manager myself, I can vouch for the additional headache caused primarily by removing the original decals, then made worse by having to apply the new ones only for a single day, then immediately re-apply a new set of the original design.. It can become tedious..

BUT... there's a very simple, cost-effective, and efficient solution to this (and its what we do with our "special event" football helmet decals) - simply create a recolored version of the decal in the thin sticker/sign vinyl to the same specs as the original decal, and simply mask over the original with the thin vinyl.. Then there's no reapplication, saving time and money, and removal is as simple as saying "hey guys, make sure you pull the pink sticker pieces off of your helmets by tomorrow".. A black visor cover could be created for the Orioles to stick over their orange bills in order to limit their helmet count.. The possibilities are essentially endless

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the Brewers worn their new BiG "Milwaukee" jerseys for every game this season? I swear they're in that every time I see highlights.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

16 hours ago, kroywen said:

This better not become a trend amongst teams that win championships. Having gold trim on the uniform on Opening Day to celebrate a title is one thing. Creating a whole new alternate uniform is another. This is, frankly, a bit obnoxious.

It will not , KC is the only team that have gold as a team color. They are excused B)

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

It will not , KC is the only team that have gold as a team color. They are excused B)

The Giants and the Brewers would disagree, 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 4/23/2016 at 10:31 PM, Bucfan56 said:

The Marlins are wearing their grey road jerseys vs the Giants today, and I think this is probably the very first time I've ever seen them in a live game. They look surprisingly good. The white script looks really nice with the white logo on the cap. It really gives the whole set a very unique "pop". 

I'm a Marlins fan so I've learned to love all their jerseys but the more I watch the road grey the more I think it might be their best jersey, it just looks so sharp to me. And the white lettering used to throw me off but now, exactly as you mentioned, I love the pop it gives the look. Also, they're wearing it now more than ever, they didn't wear their black alternate the entire series with the Giants.

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

KC is the only team that have gold as a team color. They are excused B)

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Giants and the Brewers would disagree, 

The Pirates, A's and Padres wear it's-really-yellow-but-we're-gonna-make-you-call-it-gold too!!

6uXNWAo.png

First time I'd seen Houston's navy alt in action last night, and it still looks like garbage. The glorified BPness of it makes it look like they took BP for way too long, ran way too late, and couldn't change in time. I don't mind the idea of a navy alt, but I do mind amateur looking side panels.

And maybe this is a super unpopular opinion, but they've really gotta let go of the whole tequila sunrise thing. Unless you put that pattern on a Phillies-esque thick sleeve cuff and pant stripe (maybe even the socks/stirrups), there's just no other good way in my opinion to make it look good on a baseball uniform. I get that it's their history and all, but it never looked good in the first place and hasn't looked good in any way they've tried it - BP or alt - since. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Astros fan here. I've seen the 'Stros navy alt's twice now. The orange hats and side panels make it look very amateur. I love the blue and orange comeback, but they're missing the boat with a few things. IMO, I don't like the bright orange alt on the road - it doesn't look good with grey pants. When they wear that orange alt at home, however, it really pops and looks great. I would like seeing the navy alt on the road, with a navy hat of course...

And bring back the classic Shooting Star unis for a Sunday alternate!

I agree that the "Dodgers" away uniforms are missing the piping on the sleeves but another team that's missing it are the Red Sox.

I was glad they brought back the red lettering and red numbers but I always knew something was missing and I didn't realize it till now.

David_Ortiz_March_2014.jpg

It's missing the red piping on the sleeve. If they bring it back, it'll make the jersey complete.

World+Series+Boston+Red+Sox+v+Colorado+R

It's just the little things that I think will make some jerseys better.

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

And maybe this is a super unpopular opinion, but they've really gotta let go of the whole tequila sunrise thing. Unless you put that pattern on a Phillies-esque thick sleeve cuff and pant stripe (maybe even the socks/stirrups), there's just no other good way in my opinion to make it look good on a baseball uniform. I get that it's their history and all, but it never looked good in the first place and hasn't looked good in any way they've tried it - BP or alt - since. 

Astros: "Gee golly, if we looked like **** for ten years in the 70s and 80s then we're gonna damn sure look like **** in the next two decades as well!"

At least they're consistent!

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Brewers changed from gold to yellow this season, right ?

Giants, yes they sure use it, but it´s not an official color is it ?

The Brewers still use gold on their regular uniforms that they've worn since 2000.

Giants do have gold listed as an official color.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

BPness

teehee

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived