NHL Uniform Challenges: #1 Detroit with Black

MrWonka

So, this is a new series I'm going to do for a short while. I feel like this will keep me interested in doing concepts for the next couple of weeks. I'm sick of doing simple concepts that everyone sees and makes. I want to make something that challenges me and makes me really think of a solution.

So, what does a challenge mean? I think I'm starting kind of simple with just adding black to Detroit, but feel free to leave whatever challenge you want. It could be "Let's see Toronto using a rainbow color scheme". Just leave what you would like to see me do by replying to this post. No promises I do them in order or finish everyone. I will do my best try though. Let's have some fun folks!

Detroit-Nowak.jpg

To me, this would be a Stadium Series type of jersey. I don't mind it. I wouldn't want to see it for Detroit but in theory..

Try the

Minnesota Northern Lights or White Bears? Those were two finalists in the Wild's name-the-team contest. Just to see what they would look like...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Kinda looks like a Hurricanes jersey. Which is somewhat ironic, considering the Wings are the reason they use red and white in the first place :P The minimal amount of black really helps that logo pop, looks good.

While everyone else is throwing down challenges of their favourite teams, here's one for you: a Ducks jersey, making use of every single colour the team has ever used. Eggplant, jade, silver, yellow, white, black, gold and orange.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Try the

Minnesota Northern Lights or White Bears? Those were two finalists in the Wild's name-the-team contest. Just to see what they would look like...

I might back away from this one simply because creating a logo would possibly be involved. That's not something I'm challenging myself doing for this right now.

It looks good, but it feels so so wrong...

Black on the wings is just 'off' imo.

I'm in the same boat as you.

I'd like to see Arizona with green, maroon, and sand...

This can be done.

Penguins using Black, Vegas Gold & Athletic Gold

This also can be done.

Kinda looks like a Hurricanes jersey. Which is somewhat ironic, considering the Wings are the reason they use red and white in the first place :P The minimal amount of black really helps that logo pop, looks good.

While everyone else is throwing down challenges of their favourite teams, here's one for you: a Ducks jersey, making use of every single colour the team has ever used. Eggplant, jade, silver, yellow, white, black, gold and orange.

Interesting. Will be very challenging. Will be done!

It looks good, but it feels so so wrong...

Black on the wings is just 'off' imo.

I like this idea that you have created! Anyway, I agree with Blitz. This looks so nice, but being a big hockey fan, it just is off. Not something you did though, you did a nice job. This is my idea for an idea in this series. You have to take an original six team and change the uniforms completely but stick to the same color scheme. The uniforms you create for either Boston, Toronto, Montreal, New York, Chicago or Detroit can't resemble any of the uniforms worn by the team. This would be a modern day uniform, not one from 1926.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I really like that Detroit jersey. The logo is great. The sash I can do without but it looks fine. This is a good way of introducing black to their scheme.

Love the idea for this thread too. Only general challenge I can think of is make teams with ultra traditional uniforms a modern set. Like Montreal, Boston, Toronto, etc

So, this is a new series I'm going to do for a short while. I feel like this will keep me interested in doing concepts for the next couple of weeks. I'm sick of doing simple concepts that everyone sees and makes. I want to make something that challenges me and makes me really think of a solution.

So, what does a challenge mean? I think I'm starting kind of simple with just adding black to Detroit, but feel free to leave whatever challenge you want. It could be "Let's see Toronto using a rainbow color scheme". Just leave what you would like to see me do by replying to this post. No promises I do them in order or finish everyone. I will do my best try though. Let's have some fun folks!

Detroit-Nowak.jpg

To me, this would be a Stadium Series type of jersey. I don't mind it. I wouldn't want to see it for Detroit but in theory..

I like the "Flying D" logo and the black trim, while you maintaned familiarity with the Wings' classic design. Nice touch, straightening the player's name.

My challenge: Los Angeles Kings using their ORIGINAL purple, metallic gold, minimal black, and white. Big crown on front, pre-1980 name and number fonts. IMO, the Kings'need an upgrade. Their current black & white unis are yuck.

Nice DN logo, btw.

Archived