Inaccurate colors/uniforms in video games that should know better

On 10/13/2019 at 8:30 AM, insert name said:

Just downloaded MLB 19 because it was free on PS+ and noticed they got the Mets 1985 uniforms wrong. The same applies for the 85 away uniform. 

spacer.png

This could’ve passed for their 1991 uniforms since those where button downs but they kept the blue collar. Now it’s just a mixup of a set that didn’t exist. 

I’ve worn that uniform in the show that I own. I haven’t noticed that and will need to look. Might just be a deal with file size with it not being on a disk had to cut a corner.

after playing it again it is clearly a button down, and so is the away so now it’s making have to look at all other pullovers to see if it is a game wide issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dont care said:

So yea they are all button down

Yeah I don't know if its a game limitation, but they've never had button less uniforms in the game. Just button down uniforms designed in the style of a button less uniform. Like some of them have multi-colored belts to replicate the sansabelt pants that were used IRL.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So back in NHL '98 EA didn't bother replicating the unique diagonally-bent numbers that the St. Louis Blues wore at the time, and I think they even spaced the hem down a bit to compensate for it. 
Qpxaxfa.png 
 I bring this up now because they added the Blues' 90s retro alternate into NHL 20 this weekend via a patch; with the advancements in technology over the past 22 years, were EA finally able make it so? 
ql6eI7t.jpg
...uh, no 

(not that I'm complaining, they look far better like that lol)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 6:04 PM, mcj882000 said:

So back in NHL '98 EA didn't bother replicating the unique diagonally-bent numbers that the St. Louis Blues wore at the time, and I think they even spaced the hem down a bit to compensate for it. 
Qpxaxfa.png 
 I bring this up now because they added the Blues' 90s retro alternate into NHL 20 this weekend via a patch; with the advancements in technology over the past 22 years, were EA finally able make it so? 
ql6eI7t.jpg
...uh, no 

(not that I'm complaining, they look far better like that lol)

I think NHL Faceoff '97-thru-2000 had the accurate slanted numbers, but they were obviously ruined by heavy pixels. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 11 months later...

In MLB 20 the Show there are three errors on classic uniforms

1993-1996 California Angels Away Caps/Helmets have red brims (same as home) when they should be all Navy.

1997-1999 Astros Alternate Uniform should have Gold Bills on the Home Cap and not be all Navy

1993-1995 Florida Marlins road cap should be a Teal Crown with Black bills but in the game the cap is all Teal like the home cap.

Seriously I'm hoping MLB 21 for the PS4 will correct these errors and add more throwback uniforms in.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

During the brief time I played Madden Mobile 21 before I said "eff it, I'm uninstalling, I can't play this laggy, repetitive trash anymore," I noticed something off about the Lions' uniforms.  When I got a good look, turned out EA had given them their previous helmet with the black facemask and black-white-blue striping.  

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Madden 22 just added early 80s Saints uniforms (gold/black/white and gold/white/black) but the issue is the sleeves...because the 80s uniforms had numbers above the stripes on the sleeves, Madden tried to recreate it, but the sleeve numbers are place directly on top of the stripes.  

Wish they added the late 80s/90s unis with the numbers on the shoulders and the Louisiana logo on the sleeves. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, RETROJR79 said:

After seeing the Yellow Packers uniforms I'm wondering if EA made it up or was planned but got scrapped cause I've seen jersey that wasn't wore...

Rams: Gold

49ers: Gold 

Buccaneers: Black

Raiders: Silver

The Rams did wear a gold Color Rush jersey.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 7:59 PM, RETROJR79 said:

After seeing the Yellow Packers uniforms I'm wondering if EA made it up or was planned but got scrapped cause I've seen jersey that wasn't wore...

Rams: Gold

49ers: Gold 

Buccaneers: Black

Raiders: Silver

A lot of those were fashion jerseys that were out during the late 90s early 2000s.  I had a black Brad Johnson Buccaneers jersey and I know I saw some others too.

• Like 2

NHL All-Star Hockey on the Sega Saturn: for some reason, every team in this game wears navy blue pants. Now, obviously the level of "inaccurate" varies from team-to-team. Teams like the Hartford Whalers, who already wear navy blue...
mYuJGu9.png
...it's not so bad. They basically look normal!
For teams like San Jose...
Ak2hBv2.png
...and Calgary...
sfPxKYx.png
...it's kinda bad, but it's still close enough to the black pants they wore IRL that unless you look closely, you might not even notice. 

For teams like the Detroit Red Wings, though...
V999mKR.png
...It just looks awful. Dunno what happened where this was basically the devs' only option, but I can't really imagine any other reason it'd be like this.

• Like 4