Inaccurate colors/uniforms in video games that should know better

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yes I know the issue. You are right. It's that there aren't enough slots in the game and/or their methods for choosing the jerseys that get in are highly debatable.

There are people on other boards who are adamant about "it must not be in the style guide!" B)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, Pabig said:

FIFA uses generic jersey fonts for a lot of teams and it is really grinding my gears.

Part of that depends on when teams release their uniforms, though I do hate the crazy fonts they have come up with in place of the actual numbers. Hated that FIFA17 doesn't have Columbus' yellow submarine uniforms even though they've been worn this season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I can't find any pictures of it to back me up, but the Wii version of MLB 2K12 or 13 (can't remember which, it was my buddies copy of the game) had the Blue Jays playing in these odd mish-mash of the old & current jerseys, with Black being used instead of Blue with the current logo set. It looked terrible. I might find a copy of it just to show you guys. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

5 minutes ago, insert name said:

I think that game also had the Marlins play in Dolphin Stadium wearing their Miami Marlins uniforms.

There was tons wrong with the Wii versions of the last couple MLB/NBA 2K games. NBA 2K13 had some of the worst rosters ever, with some of the free agents on the right/wrong teams, players completely missing & 0 rookies even though they had the draft in the game for the My Player mode. It was a complete mess of a game.  

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 11/10/2016 at 11:37 AM, WSU151 said:

Please don't tell us that "it's not in the style guide".  That's not the issue.

The issue is programmed slots that are in the game and use a logarithm based on team tendencies throughout the game's season (if that makes sense).

It's an algorithm, not a logarithm.

Also, as I typed that I just noticed that those two words are anagrams, which I never realized before.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

It's an algorithm, not a logarithm.

Also, as I typed that I just noticed that those two words are anagrams, which I never realized before.

Good catch, and you're 100% correct. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2016 at 1:55 PM, Matito said:

MLB The Show is notorious for uniform errors. The Rays in particular have a few different problems. Like someone else said, their fauxback cap is all Columbia blue, when in reality, everything but the front panel is navy, not to mention the jersey being a button-down instead of a pullover.

Tampa-Bay-Rays-Fauxback-MLB13-Compare.jp

Also, their 90s Devil Rays throwbacks have the incorrect cap for their away uniform. The team never wore the Devil Ray logo cap on the field. It was announced with their uniforms, but by the time the team started playing, they only ever used the TB monogram cap.

Tampa-Bay-Rays-MLB13-Throwback-Caps.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize they never wore that full devil ray logo on the field, I swear I remember it happening, but that's apparently a false memory!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoo8b said:

Wow, I didn't realize they never wore that full devil ray logo on the field, I swear I remember it happening, but that's apparently a false memory!

Maybe you're remembering the recent throwback game?  

SP_305676_SHAD_RAYS_228925a_8col.jpg

• Like 1

The Devil Rays cap in the video game and in that above throwback game was intended for use in the inaugural season but was never worn but the cap did exist and was only worn in that one throwback game. But in the video game the cap is designated as the 1998 cap and the TB cap is designated as the 1999 cap. Technically that is accurate as it's what was originally intended. The TB cap was technically considered an alternate in 98 and became the primary in 99.

16 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

Not a mistake but a glitch. In Madden 16 if you choose any other uniform for the Packers that has sleeve stripes other than the home and away there will be no sleeve stripes for Aaron Rodgers

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

I think this may be an ongoing issue with certain QBs and throwback jerseys. Specifically, whatever jersey cut is in the game that a lot of QBs use. I remember on the game from two years ago, that anytime I used the Broncos' 75th anniversary jerseys, that Peyton Manning's jersey wouldn't have the blue sleeves. It always looked like he was wearing some sort of practice jersey. 

Another problem I've found are the Capitals Winter Classic jerseys in NHL 16 and 17. Around the time of the game, fake jerseys were going around with more of a scarlet color that the maroon the caps wore. However, EA decided to use the scarlet jerseys instead. 

IMG_7113.JPG

IMG_7114.JPG

Avid NES Player here, currently on a Tecmo Super Bowl kick. Here are the home and away combos for every team in Tecmo Super Bowl: (helmet/jersey/pants)

BUFFALO:

Home: Pink/Royal Blue/Pink

Away: n/a

INDIANAPOLIS:

Home: White/Royal Blue/White

MIAMI:

Home: White/Aqua/White

NEW ENGLAND:

Home: White/Lavender/White

Away: White/Pink/White

NEW YORK JETS:

Home: Green/Light Green/Green

Away: Green/White/Green

CINCINNATI:

Home: Orange/Black/Orange

Away: Orange/White/Orange

CLEVELAND:

Home: n/a

Away: Orange/White/Orange

HOUSTON:

Home: White/Columbia Blue/White

Away:n/a

PITTSBURGH:

Home: Black/Yellow/Black

Away: Black/Light Yellow/Black

DENVER:

Home: Royal Blue/Orange/Royal Blue

Away: Royal Blue/White/Royal Blue

KANSAS CITY:

Home: Pink/Yellow/Pink

Away: Pink/White/Pink

LOS ANGELES RAIDERS:

Home: Grey/Black/Grey

Away: Grey/White/Grey

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS:

Home: Navy Blue/Yellow/Navy Blue

Away: Navy Blue/White/Navy Blue

SEATTLE:

Home: Grey/Royal Blue/Grey

Away: Light Grey/White/Light Grey

DALLAS: 

Home: Light Teal/White/Light Teal

Away: Grey/Navy Blue/Grey

NEW YORK GIANTS:

Home: Black/Royal Blue/Black

PHILADELPHIA:

Away: Light Green/White/Light Green

PHOENIX:

Home: White/Red/White

WASHINGTON:

Home: Burgundy/Yellow/Burgundy

Away: Burgundy/White/Burgundy

CHICAGO: 

Away: Black/White/Black

DETROIT: 

Home: Grey/Honolulu Blue/Grey

Away: Light Grey/Honolulu Blue/Light Grey

GREEN BAY:

Home: Yellow/Green/Yellow

Away: Yellow/White/Yellow

MINNESOTA:

Home: Purple/Yellow/Purple

Away: Purple/White/Purple

TAMPA BAY:

Home: White/Orange/White

ATLANTA:

Home: Black/Red/Black

Away: Black/Grey/Black

LOS ANGELES RAMS:

Home: Royal Blue/Yellow/Royal Blue

Away: Royal Blue/Light Yellow/Royal Blue

NEW ORLEANS:

Home: Gold/Black/Gold

Away: Gold/White/Gold

SAN FRANSISCO:

Home: Gold/Pink/Gold

• Like 3

Sigs are for sissies.

Re: Mariners blue/gold throwback alts not being in the game, I read an interview with one of the devs, said the reason its not in is because there are a specific number of slots, and they think the fans like using the pilots/70s/80s throwbacks and don't want to sacrifice one for the new sunday alt.

It's garbage but thats what I've seen.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!