16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

On 6/5/2016 at 1:36 AM, Gothamite said:

Yes, but putting manufacturers' logos on the sleeves as well as the chest had largely gone away. Kappa was the most high-profile practitioner.   It's come back in a big way, and needs to stop. 

Can't recall any manufacturer  eliminating logos from the sleeves after adding them. The only recent change has been umbro adding that stupid script on the sleeve. It's not something I particularly like either

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Argentina vs Chile. It's interesting that the only Nike team with custom numbers other than USA is Chile. They also have the numbers above the crest on the shorts. I'm also glad the adidas teams ditched the giant numbers on the shorts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Looks like Chile is repurposing Brazil's 2014 WC number font. Weird considering all other teams received the same Nike font aside from the US (who underwent an entire brand overhaul, including fontwork). That's understandable for the US...but to recycle old designs seems strange.

It's similar to how the Miami and Virginia Tech became mainstream for lower tier colleges, but even more bizarre given that Nike is issuing everyone else a brand new font. Chile didn't need to borrow from Brazil.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

Did Adidas ditch the huge numbers? Germany had them last week.

jubel-dfb-slowakei.jpg

No, the huge numbers are only on the shorts of the away kits due to them not having stripes along the sides.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Did Adidas ditch the huge numbers? Germany had them last week.

jubel-dfb-slowakei.jpg

I guess we'll find out when Colombia plays in their home kits. I thought Argentina had the larger numbers on their shorts, or is that only the black shorts? Also, Not sure why Chile couldn't wear white or blue shorts instead of red. I like their RBW combo the best. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Not a huge fan of sidepanels that match contrasting sleeves.  But other than that, I like it.

Depends how/if they continue onto the shorts in my opinion. 

Other than that it's a pretty inoffensive shirt if you ignore what has already been said about the new crest.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I don't have any pictures, but Colombia is combining the white shorts from their navy blue away kit, with a recolored logo and the 2014-15 Adidas number font, with their new white home shirt with the standard crest and the 2016 Adidas number font. Looks terrible.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

26 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I don't have any pictures, but Colombia is combining the white shorts from their navy blue away kit, with a recolored logo and the 2014-15 Adidas number font, with their new white home shirt with the standard crest and the 2016 Adidas number font. Looks terrible.

Came here to post the exact same thing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They also combined the old font with the new keeper kit and 2016 font against the US last Friday.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Sheffield United:

sheffield-united-2016-2017-adidas-home-k

It bothers me a lot more than it should that the 3 stripes on the shirt are white on black but the shorts and socks are red on black. 

A lot of the "teamwear" contracted Adidas teams tend to have these inconsistencies I've noticed.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Seeing it on TV, the US's black unis look really, really good.  I'm not a fan of the outline on the back numbers, but there's something about that red outline against the black uni that makes it look good.

spacer.png

Archived