Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure the Durham bulls existed way before that. Stilll a silly accusation.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Pretty sure the Durham bulls existed way before that. Stilll a silly accusation.  

Oh, apparently they've been around since 1902. I misread the Wiki page which says they've been in triple A since 1998. Sports Logos database lists the D logo as their logo since 1998. Not sure about before that. Either way, I know the Broncos logo goes back decades. Which came first?

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Agreed.  

I dont ever want to see those pants again.   But the striping pattern needs to be added to the road jerseys immediately.  

The white pants stripes match the stripes on the white jerseys

image.jpg

18 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

The white pants stripes match the stripes on the white jerseys

image.jpg

No, they don't.  Your graphic is outdated; that was the original design, but between the unveiling and this week we learned that they changed the pants striping. 

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

The white jerseys have thin white stripes between green and gold sleeve and neck stripes.   Which seems like a small thing, but totally wrecks the look.  The pants look so much better. 

As for the Durham Bulls, they had a classic look.  Back at least to 1987. 

ebbycalvin.gif

Nothing beats their alternate unifroms, though. 

3149_1.jpg

Seeing the Packers in monochrome white - minus the helmet, just does not look right to me. For a one-time thing, I think it is an okay look, and Chicago actually doesn't look too bad in solid navy, however, back to Green Bay. I think next year, they should go monochrome navy with their throwback uniform. I would prefer navy pants over the tan ones they use any day. I understand why they wear tan pants with that uniform, cause that's an accurate throwback but in my opinion, with the way the Color Rush leotard.. cough cough um uniform works, I would prefer Green Bay going monochrome navy with their throwback then going monochrome white. 

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Neither did the team, apparently. :P

They just copied over the mistake from 1994, when these uniforms were first worn. 

And the damn thing is, that uniform looks so much better with gold pants. The color balance is nearly perfect. And yet the Packers insist on wearing an incorrect and inferior version.

15 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The pants striping matches the sleeve striping on Madden 17 and in the Nike promo photos. What happened?

They changed their mind.  A few weeks ago, the initial promotional graphics had the messy green/white/gold/white/green stripes.  Then when we first got a look at the actual pants, they had dropped the thin white stripes. 

The solid white socks with white shoes are the worst part of all. This was someone's first or only time at Lambeau Field and the Packers look like marshmallows.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Dyed pants stripe without the white portions really has a gorgeous warmth to it that the cheapo screened white stripes sleeves are missing. Packers would do well to follow the Patriots lead and get the new Nike template with the classic collar. It'd be a win-win. Pack would look virtually identical without the current cheap construction.

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Green Bay looks good but it also feels really wrong.

I was kind of thinking that too.  Maybe even more wrong, but I'd like to see the green jersey and white pants together.

Archived