Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No.  It was supposed to be one team dressed shoulder-to-toe in a single color against a team dressed shoulder-to-toe in a different single color.  Nothing more than that.

True, but I really wish Chicago and Green Bay had been a little more inventive with their uniforms. I get that they're two traditional teams who don't like the gimmick stuff and that's fine, but given the league's ridiculous uniform rules that prevent teams from doing much of anything to change the without years of waiting it would've been cool.

9 hours ago, guest23 said:

Are you using dyed interchangeably with sublimated? Just trying to keep my terms straight. To my recollection nike started doing that with their pants stripes with the 1st generation pro combat template for comfort and weight reduction. Assuming these pants are made by ripon they must offer something similar.

I don't know if the pants are made by Ripon or not. The Packers normal game pants have had the sublimated stripe insert amidst the dazzle material since at least the second year of Nike. The Cowboy do the same thing - sublimated insert with the rest shiny.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

6 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

IMG_8148.PNG

The all-color part is ugly as hell. However, mustard "gold" uniforms over white, black, or teal over "gold" would work better and fit the whole Color Rush™ theme just as well. But the NFL does not listen.

6 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

IMG_8148.PNG

Hats off to him for speaking up. I think the jersey with black pants and a matte black helmet would be a lot better but full on gold, which looks more like a tan to me just does not look good and what I still don't understand is why they added the random teal trim on the numbers. On top of that, I am not a fan of their regular uniforms at all.

7 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

The all-color part is ugly as hell. However, mustard "gold" uniforms over white, black, or teal over "gold" would work better and fit the whole Color Rush™ theme just as well. But the NFL does not listen.

Can someone mock these combos up in photoshop or madden?

Yeah, I'm Happy he actually said something. He teal would have been nice but understands it would clash with the Titans smurf look. Said he would have even preferred an all white uniform with an all white helmet. He made sure to make a point that once color would be nice. But even went on to complement the Titans Rush Blue and said even an all red would be cool.   

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

I like the Titans color rush (would look better with navy socks though). I'm just a sucker for light/baby/columbia blue. I like the Panthers too (ditto but black socks).

As a Rays fan, I have to say the Titans Color Rush uniform is up there with Denver and San Diego for me as the best aesthetic designs this year. Green Bay looked alright in a vacuum, but it wasn't right for the Packers.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Matito said:

As a Rays fan, I have to say the Titans Color Rush uniform is up there with Denver and San Diego for me as the best aesthetic designs this year. Green Bay looked alright in a vacuum, but it wasn't right for the Packers.

To be pedantic, the only color rush element of the titans combo are the socks. The light blue jersey/pant combo dates back to the uncle Rico...I mean Vince Young era. There's really nothing new, exciting, or creative about it...it's just socks. Denver, SD, Dallas and some others are actually really good looking and creative.

Archived