Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

Well I'm scrapping their current typography.

The D would be italicized because it would be a little longer, contemprary (so a good bridge between their super contemporary current logo and uber traditional past logo), and... well, I think it would look cool.

I have to say that I liked their fauxback helmets a lot more than I thought, but I agree with your suggestion of a really-dark-royal-but-lighter-than-navy shade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, with the Bears and Broncos both being highly prominent blue/orange NFL teams, there needs to be a little more separation between their colors and the distribution thereof. They might even be the same shade of navy blue now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

With the broncos now wearing orange jerseys it's not that big a deal. Also I always thought that the bears navy was darker than any other navy in the league, including denver's. I still agree with them getting a new blue though. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, dont care said:

Am I the only one that doesn't like a yellow face mask on a white helmet. It just seemed too obnoxiously bright to me, now it with a royal blue shell I think compliments each other nicely. 

I thought it was a little gaudy, as was the whole uniform, but for most of their history I feel like gaudy is a good way to describe their uniforms so from a historical standpoint is seemed fitting for the chargers.

9 hours ago, Wandell said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that Denver's blue and Chicago's blue are even close.

As a kid, I thought the Chicago Bears' uniforms were black for years.  They wear a very dark navy blue.  Denver should opt to go back to sky blue IMHO.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Well, it's not really removing white from the pants, is it?

Out of this whole promotion, I don't really mind focusing on one color.  I kind of like it, even if the whole exercise does kind of make me think the NFL wants to look a little bit more like soccer:

PVP16223.jpg New+York+City+FC+v+Chicago+Fire+MOrTTzjY

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

When the Color Rush uniforms were announced, I suggested that they should take the opportunity to change the jersey stripes as well, make them more like Lombardi's original vision.  

2016_PackersColorRush_concept.png

Starr-Away Jersey Posed.png

That would take care of your inconsistency.

I agree that would look much better. But now that they've tweaked the pant striping to where it doesn't match the striping on the sleeves and collar of the jersey, it's driving me crazy. They should absolutely change the white jersey at some point but since they didn't take the opportunity to unveil a tweaked white jersey for color rush, they should have left the pant striping how it was in the promo shots. Even though that striping is ugly and inconsistent with the striping of the helmets, at least the jersey and pants would've been consistent.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived