Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

23 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Dyed pants stripe without the white portions really has a gorgeous warmth to it that the cheapo screened white stripes sleeves are missing. Packers would do well to follow the Patriots lead and get the new Nike template with the classic collar. It'd be a win-win. Pack would look virtually identical without the current cheap construction.

Or they could just have Nike make their jerseys with either dyed or knit sleeves.  The Steelers had that for decades without adopting a Nike template, so why can't the Packers?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Or they could just have Nike make their jerseys with either dyed or knit sleeves.  The Steelers had that for decades without adopting a Nike template, so why can't the Packers?

That works, too. The screen printed stripes just have such a shine to them that makes them loud and bright looking. The yellow is rather garish with the sheen whereas the white pant stripes are warm and deep in color. Much better.

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Nothing beats their alternate unifroms, though. 

3149_1.jpg

"The rose goes in the front, big guy."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I actually liked the Bears full-navy socks, but yeah - shouldn't go all navy top-to-bottom again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Dyed pants stripe without the white portions really has a gorgeous warmth to it that the cheapo screened white stripes sleeves are missing. Packers would do well to follow the Patriots lead and get the new Nike template with the classic collar. It'd be a win-win. Pack would look virtually identical without the current cheap construction.

Are you using dyed interchangeably with sublimated? Just trying to keep my terms straight. To my recollection nike started doing that with their pants stripes with the 1st generation pro combat template for comfort and weight reduction. Assuming these pants are made by ripon they must offer something similar.

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Packers might also be hesitant to go with the Nike "4 shades of green" specials.

With the Vapor Untouchable template, I think Nike can match the greens. The jersey seems to be all the same material.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Are you using dyed interchangeably with sublimated? Just trying to keep my terms straight. To my recollection nike started doing that with their pants stripes with the 1st generation pro combat template for comfort and weight reduction. Assuming these pants are made by ripon they must offer something similar.

I usually use the term "sublimated" but the person I responded to used "dyed" so I just used that to be consistent in the conversation.

And the pant stripes were definitely a sublimated mesh. I'm pretty sure the normal yellow pants are the same and switched a few seasons ago but I'm not 100% on that. 

IMG_4616.JPG

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Jets have yet to wear the VU template so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 

Well, I thought what I was saying was pretty clear, but I'll try to phrase it even more so.  Nike has done a spectacularly piss poor job on the Jets' uniform.  A horrendous job overall, but specifically bad with the mismatched greens.  And since the Packers wear the same shade of green, they would be very smart to continue to stay on their current course, until Nike can definitively prove they know how to match that green. 

As for VU templates, or PU templates, or whatever... I don't know and I don't care.  I'm not reading Nike's press releases close enough to memorize the minutia of whatever it is they're selling.  I just know this, and it's pretty simple... the Jets let Nike make their uniform, and they look like garbage.  The Packers don't let Nike make their uniform and they look good. That sort of end the thought process in my mind. 

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, I thought what I was saying was pretty clear, but I'll try to phrase it even more so.  Nike has done a spectacularly piss poor job on the Jets' uniform.  A horrendous job overall, but specifically bad with the mismatched greens.  And since the Packers wear the same shade of green, they would be very smart to continue to stay on their current course, until Nike can definitively prove they know how to match that green. 

As for VU templates, or PU templates, or whatever... I don't know and I don't care.  I'm not reading Nike's press releases close enough to memorize the minutia of whatever it is they're selling.  I just know this, and it's pretty simple... the Jets let Nike make their uniform, and they look like garbage.  The Packers don't let Nike make their uniform and they look good. That sort of end the thought process in my mind. 

I understand that, and I agree, but @Griffinmarlins's comment was specifically about the Vapor Untouchable template and how he thought it would enable Nike to match the greens on the uniform. And I tend to agree with his comment because every example I've seen of the VU template has had consistent colors. So that's where I got confused because you responded "it hasn't helped the jets yet" to a comment that was specifically about the VU template, which they've yet to wear.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I usually use the term "sublimated" but the person I responded to used "dyed" so I just used that to be consistent in the conversation.

And the pant stripes were definitely a sublimated mesh. I'm pretty sure the normal yellow pants are the same and switched a few seasons ago but I'm not 100% on that. 

Yes, they are.  I think I was the one who first used "dyed", by which I meant that they are part of the fabric itself and not slapped on top of it like the Packers sleeve stripes.

2016_Week7_Rodgers.jpg

This looks good:

2016_Week7_Rodgers_stripe2.jpg

This does not:

2016_Week7_Rodgers_stripe1.jpg

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Wasn't the whole Color Rush supposed to be colorful and vibrant?

No.  It was supposed to be one team dressed shoulder-to-toe in a single color against a team dressed shoulder-to-toe in a different single color.  Nothing more than that.

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

No.  It was supposed to be one team dressed shoulder-to-toe in a single color against a team dressed shoulder-to-toe in a different single color.  Nothing more than that.

Ah, so we just got lucky with the Chargers/Broncos? That, to me, was stunning and worthy of paying attention to an otherwise average Thursday night game.

15 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Ah, so we just got lucky with the Chargers/Broncos? That, to me, was stunning and worthy of paying attention to an otherwise average Thursday night game.

You say lucky, I say ugly.

It's where I sit.

Archived