2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. I have mixed feelings. On one side I'm upset because I loved that modern take of their original jerseys. I thought the (now retired) third needed some work (Boston Bruins logo rather than Bruins/Boston logo, hem stripes and being brown instead of black), but overall was a really nice alternate.

On the other hand I'm happy because I really do dig those Winter Classic jerseys. Again I just wish they were brown instead of black.

The Catch of the Day!

6 minutes ago, twi said:

Don't know how to link a Twitter, but the Bruins announced their Winter Classic jersey has replaced the black third for this season. 

thank god!  I was hoping this would happen!  The other one was OK for what it was, but it was too similar to the home jersey.

13 hours ago, Ark said:

The Flames should be a red yellow and white team

If you ignore the waist stripe this is their best uniform set

k8FwcEn.jpg

They really botched these uniforms with that weird slash. What was the thought process with that?

XM4KeeA.png

4 hours ago, BrianLion said:

All five expansion teams from the early 90's (SJ, TB, OTT, FLA, ANA) had such beautiful inaugural sets.  I'd love to see most of them go back. 

Except the sharks and the panthers I really like theirs besides that I agree with you

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I wish the Bruins had made this bad boy the third sweater years ago:

the_best_nhl_winter_classic_jerseys.jpg

Several of us have been saying this for a long time. Shame whoever makes the decisions doesn't have great taste in uniform aesthetics.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Several of us have been saying this for a long time. Shame whoever makes the decisions doesn't have great taste in uniform aesthetics.

I am so happy that the Boston Bruins have FINALLY got a new third jersey. I've been wanting to see this day for a long, long time. Their now old third was alright for a few years but it should have been replaced the day after the 2010 Winter Classic, without question. As I say that, seeing Boston at least going with their Winter Classic jersey from last year is a huge improvement. Although I wish it was a nice dark chocolate brown jersey with a lace-up, because as much as the rounded collar has grown on me, I still don't like that NHL shield sticking out like a sore thumb, it is still a decent jersey and for an Original Six team, I love it when those teams have either a throwback or fauxback jersey to wear for at least a few times a season. If I had my way though, Boston would have that 2010 Winter Classic jersey as their third. That jersey is gorgeous, and it is one of my absolute favorites. Truth is, I've been trying to buy one for a real long time and I hope I will eventually find one. It would have become a hell of a lot easier if they made that jersey their third instead, but as I say that, boy, am I ever glad Boston decided to make their Winter Classic jersey from last year their new third jersey. 

This is great news.  Boston's third came from the same class of alternate uniforms that brought us the ingenious white version of the Star's worst uniform, Atlanta's football horror-show, and Ottawa's laughable "SNES" clown suit.  Like most uniforms of that era, I hated it the second it was unveiled.

7 minutes ago, Morgo said:

This is great news.  Boston's third came from the same class of alternate uniforms that brought us the ingenious white version of the Star's worst uniform, Atlanta's football horror-show, and Ottawa's laughable "SNES" clown suit.  Like most uniforms of that era, I hated it the second it was unveiled.

I didn't hate it. I don't think it was terrible when they first unveiled it, however, after unveiling their first Winter Classic jersey in 2010, Boston's now retired third jersey should have been changed a long time ago.

15 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Amen. As much as I hate the Bruins, their primaries are easily top 3 and they shouldn't use anything but a real throwback as alternate.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

I am so happy that the Boston Bruins have FINALLY got a new third jersey. I've been wanting to see this day for a long, long time. Their now old third was alright for a few years but it should have been replaced the day after the 2010 Winter Classic, without question. As I say that, seeing Boston at least going with their Winter Classic jersey from last year is a huge improvement. Although I wish it was a nice dark chocolate brown jersey with a lace-up, because as much as the rounded collar has grown on me, I still don't like that NHL shield sticking out like a sore thumb, it is still a decent jersey and for an Original Six team, I love it when those teams have either a throwback or fauxback jersey to wear for at least a few times a season. If I had my way though, Boston would have that 2010 Winter Classic jersey as their third. That jersey is gorgeous, and it is one of my absolute favorites. Truth is, I've been trying to buy one for a real long time and I hope I will eventually find one. It would have become a hell of a lot easier if they made that jersey their third instead, but as I say that, boy, am I ever glad Boston decided to make their Winter Classic jersey from last year their new third jersey. 

The now old one was very generic. This one's a good choice. Not a fan of the Bruins :P, but their jerseys look nice.

Archived