College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Purdue still has the gold helmets, right?  I think the only old thing about it is the Revolution style.

The gold color is slightly different. This looks like the Drew Brees era old gold.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The gold color is slightly different. This looks like the Drew Brees era old gold.

I think it's been the same color the last 18 years or so (maybe a touch lighter the last year or two).  Real old gold was the Mike Alstott era (and my favorite Purdue helmet color).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, hokiefan99 said:

Virginia Tech has added a familiar but different helmet this year, and are rumored to be wearing black or dark grey uniforms at the battle of Bristol!

image.jpeg

That game is going to be really hyped and they have a good looking updates to their already very nice sets jerseys (which pains me as a UVa fan to admit), so why ruin that nice, clean look, dilute the recognizability of your program in your new coach's first game AND increase the heat/uncomfort level for the players by wearing BFBS against the Vols early in the season? Is this another Nike edict, like when they made y'all wear those gray re-colored WVU jerseys against Bama a few years ago in Atlanta? 

13336201-standard.jpg

13:02:27-Pat_White.jpg

It would be awesome it they went color vs. color and had Tech in their maroon and the Vols in their unique share of urnge.

Malone University (Canton, OH - Division II) with completely revamped uniforms. The school completely rebranded to adidas across all sports. It started last spring which was awkward with softball starting the season wearing Nike uniforms and adidas cleats before playing in adidas uniforms the second half of the year. Previously it was up to the coaches to select the kit supplier. 

malone%20football%204_zpsg6h0qrte.png

New helmet, copying Navy and using a generic Pioneers wordmark that is not one of the schools logos. The new coach comes from Walsh university, our rivals. Guess what their helmet logo looks like? 

malone%20football%201_zpszeohhq9z.jpg

New practice gear. I prefer these to the actual jerseys.

malone%20football%202_zpsoc0glc6g.png

Plain jerseys, no school name on them or school logos. Tackle twill numbers. Pants options are navy blue and dark grey.Home jerseys will have the players names on them. 

malone%20football%203_zpskuelj8y3.png

Better look at the numbers.

malone%20football%205_zpsebqavbtr.jpg

Last year's uniforms with grey helmets and pant. Grey has only been used for football by the previous coach who was fired last year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

For the spring game yes. They had a MU logo on one side and tiny chrome silver numbers on the right side last year. The MU logo is similar to UMass's font set and I think the same group designed both. Since last year's uniforms had GLIAC logos on them I wasn't surprised to see new uniforms.  They're independent this year thrn join the GMAC next year for football,  all other sports joined this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, tron1013 said:

That game is going to be really hyped and they have a good looking updates to their already very nice sets jerseys (which pains me as a UVa fan to admit), so why ruin that nice, clean look, dilute the recognizability of your program in your new coach's first game AND increase the heat/uncomfort level for the players by wearing BFBS against the Vols early in the season? Is this another Nike edict, like when they made y'all wear those gray re-colored WVU jerseys against Bama a few years ago in Atlanta? 

13336201-standard.jpg

Did they really wear that gray top?

Maybe just the filter on the photo but that is super ugly.

Yes Va Tech has great standard unis, and I disagree with your view on their brand. They've been a top tier national program since at least the Vick years.

But Beamer is throwing a bone to his players.  Evidenced by that Kansas State article yesterday that confirms recruits care deeply about new uniforms. 

There's no filter on that photo...Virginia Tech really did wear gray.  Notice how Alabama's pants are super white.

And Frank Beamer is no longer the coach, lol.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Florida A&M unveils their uniforms. Was not expecting them to do any thing this simplistic. Spoilered for huge pic

Hide contents

CpwplXnWgAAqw_s.jpg

There's less piping, sublimation than what they had with Russell. Glad to see the 8 million snakes on each shoulder and arm are now gone. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

FAMU has needed new uniforms for many years, and THAT's what they came up with? Is there even a road jersey or are they planning to go mono-orange all season?

I'm sure we'll see a white and green jersey soon. Probably all 3 with different designs unless they're trying to be a bit more uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I hope not, then again they only seem to raise a stink about the bigger schools.

I'm pretty sure FAMU plays in some regionally televised games. Might be hard for the ASN/ESPN3 announcers to make out the players numbers. Maybe even for the referees to make out. Will be interesting to see what happens with this. I have a feeling FAMU might have to buy themselves a new set of white jerseys during the season.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived