buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Here's a blurry side view of the uniforms to be worn with them:

Cpy3DoXUsAAcGI7.jpg

They're to be called the "Flying Tiger" uniforms

The helmet is awesome.  I wish the uniform had just a splash of blue somewhere, just to that in-the-sky vibe.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not uniform related, but I know we occasionally talk about field designs. Funny observation I noted about Georgia's practice field.

This year, UGA has a temporary practice field at another site on campus while they construct an indoor practice facility. The construction makes their usual outdoor fields unusable for this year.

The temporary field uses the "Bulldog Bold" font for the goal line marker, rather than the usual Georgia G. Sanford still uses the right marker, though. The image below is from the scrimmage the other day.

It's odd because they use the same font for numbers on both fields, and they already have the Georgia G stencil.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 8/11/2016 at 9:00 PM, MJWalker45 said:

The MAC requiring football won out for now. They and Akron have some of the worst attendances in football 

Overall the MAC is pretty terrible when it comes to numbers. Looks like in 2015 Eastern Michigan averaged below 5,000. Akron strung together a few 1-win seasons, but have since turned it around and attendance has been going up.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/2015/12/18/10615302/mid-american-conference-football-attendance-numbers-down-fbs-group-of-five

19 hours ago, nuordr said:

I am so disappointed in my alma mater....to think they had these beauties just 4 years ago: 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and disagree.

That looks like my HS uni, and not in a good way...

Western Michigan has a new uniform. I'll have to screen capture it later, it's ion SB Nation. Looks like a camo pattern in the numbers, word mark and in the pant stripe. It's not a Shockweb jersey as the adidas logo is on the left chest. Helmet is brown with a hybrid Denver Broncos stripes flipped to the front with the oars serving as the outside stripes. If the bronco was filled in rather than the mess they continue to go with it would be decent. As is, it's missing a lot. Also, the numbers would be pretty hard to read so apparently the NCAA said screw it to forcing numbers to be readable from the stands.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived