College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TGroce said:

Why Pitt couldn't have just gone with that as their standard uni, we will never know.... sad.

They think they'll sell merchandise this way but like the LA Rams the fans want and will buy the throwback merch not the standard color merch. 

I have a feeling they'll wear the Navy and Vegas Gold for 5 or 6 years then switch to the throwback colors full time. Sorta like the Penguins did with their throwbacks. 

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't think there's been a clamoring for the older look though, has there?

There has been a lot a lot a lot for the Script and old colors. As soon as Pitt used the Script 2 years ago against GT thats all fans pushed for. We got the Script but the colors. Im still young and dont remember much of the Royal and Yellow, i grew up with vegas gold and Navy, but I will say from being a season ticket holder and going to a bunch of the events, even at the uniform showing for the regular set, all the people where asking and talking about was these throwbacks. This will start a fan uproar to have these full time. 

Rutgers with a new black uniform:

https://twitter.com/CoachChrisAsh/status/765649825475940352

A couple screenshots from the clip:

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 4.10.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 4.10.24 PM.png

EDIT:

I made a streamable of the Twitter video but I can't get it to embed here. 

https://streamable.com/6fg3

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Doesn't look too crazy for Rutgers, but with the overabundance of B1G teams sporting red/white (NU, WISC, IND, OSU and even UMD), I think it's probably good if Rutgers embraces more black.

Yes, I know they're the Scarlet Knights, but emphasizing Red & Black instead of Red & White could be a good look for them.  Think Falcons instead of Chiefs. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

South Carolina has tweaked their uniforms. They now have the armorgrid template that UA rolled out last year. The stripes on the jerseys are thicker and no longer slanted. The stripes on the pants are thicker and go all the way to the end of the pants. Not cut off like years passed. They also have new Garnet & black helmets.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article95856192.html

Screenshot_2016-08-16-19-30-44-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-16-14-59-00-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-14-14-51-50-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-14-14-53-09-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-14-14-21-36-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-14-14-21-42-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-16-19-34-44-1.png

8 hours ago, jsr862 said:

20160816_122029.png

Gonna be chastised for this, but I hate them. They literally look like two Ikea bags mashed together. There is such a thing as being to colorful and bright, and they have reached that point 10 fold. They legitimately look like high school uniforms from a cartoon. Hate me all you want, they look more ridiculous than most other adidas uniforms and I'm really hoping these are a one off.

Does the shade of Garnet look different to me or is it the sunlight in the pictures?

Top pic is the uniforms from 2013-2015 season that they wore white helmets with. The bottom is the new 2016 tweaked uniforms.

2.png

Screenshot_2016-08-16-14-59-00-1.thumb.png.06791129e6aeb5b153ce6b7d5a3306e4.png

5 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Gonna be chastised for this, but I hate them. They literally look like two Ikea bags mashed together. There is such a thing as being to colorful and bright, and they have reached that point 10 fold. They legitimately look like high school uniforms from a cartoon. Hate me all you want, they look more ridiculous than most other adidas uniforms and I'm really hoping these are a one off.

I actually agree, maybe without the bright yellow sleeves they would be manageable, but that whole uniform is just so bright and saturated it looks like an eye sore to me.

8 hours ago, nuordr said:

Apparently the Air Force wrestling team is supporting the Flying Tigers logo: 

AFA Wrestling.PNG

Can this come in a bra, too?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, Esco said:

South Carolina has tweaked their uniforms. They now have the armorgrid template that UA rolled out last year. The stripes on the jerseys are thicker and no longer slanted. The stripes on the pants are thicker and go all the way to the end of the pants. Not cut off like years passed. They also have new Garnet & black helmets.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article95856192.html

Screenshot_2016-08-16-19-30-44-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-16-19-34-44-1.png

That an interesting combo as seen in the pics. If they wore that in an actual game,then you'll have no complaints from me! ;)

That Carolina set looks like it is straight out of the 80s or 90s. Also wasn't the Pitt throwback more of a dark yellow, mustard color? That throwback is pure banana colored yellow.

Edit- there's no way the yellows are the same! The blue is fine, but yikes, that's highlighter level yellow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edit two- maybe they used a few different shades over the years. Here's one that looks the same as the new throwbacks. I prefer the mustard shade, personally.

image.jpeg

Archived