College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, roxfan00 said:

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 1.10.53 PM.png

love the concept, but the execution is really lacking. i understand budgets of course, but you get what you pay for. had these been painted they would have turned out beautifully, but the decals (on top of a wrap?) are cheap. there's an odd difference in material finish, there's bubbling of the decals, and the metal looks completely fake. nice try AirForce, but this helmet sucks

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

22 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Not uniform related, but I know we occasionally talk about field designs. Funny observation I noted about Georgia's practice field.

This year, UGA has a temporary practice field at another site on campus while they construct an indoor practice facility. The construction makes their usual outdoor fields unusable for this year.

The temporary field uses the "Bulldog Bold" font for the goal line marker, rather than the usual Georgia G. Sanford still uses the right marker, though. The image below is from the scrimmage the other day.

It's odd because they use the same font for numbers on both fields, and they already have the Georgia G stencil.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's actually one of the two lower fields at the original practice faculty at Butts-Mehre. They redid it after the brand refreshening. The temp fields are off of Milledge in Whitehall and are surrounded by solar arrays. It's always locked so who knows what they're using there. 

I bet they used the Bulldog Bold either to try it out and see how it looked or Nike didn't know and used it in their concept which they sent to the turf place. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

33 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

That's actually one of the two lower fields at the original practice faculty at Butts-Mehre. They redid it after the brand refreshening. The temp fields are off of Milledge in Whitehall and are surrounded by solar arrays. It's always locked so who knows what they're using there. 

I bet they used the Bulldog Bold either to try it out and see how it looked or Nike didn't know and used it in their concept which they sent to the turf place. 

Oh yeah, I see the buildings in the background now. Doh. I've driven down by the new temp fields but they are off the beaten path. It will be a nice setup once it's all done.

4 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

love the concept, but the execution is really lacking. i understand budgets of course, but you get what you pay for. had these been painted they would have turned out beautifully, but the decals (on top of a wrap?) are cheap. there's an odd difference in material finish, there's bubbling of the decals, and the metal looks completely fake. nice try AirForce, but this helmet sucks

Are there any full images of the uniforms?

3 hours ago, razorback447 said:

I saw those on the Pac12 Network last week when they were touring fall camps. It looks so odd to see them in white pants. I wasn't really a fan. 

they have had white practice pants for a while now...is that what you saw?

Archived