The Sports Media Thread

Yeah, Romo has his own versions of Madden's "BOOM!," but I find it charming enough. I think Aikman and Buck are probably the most polished team, but they feel so out of place on MNF and their games are routinely not great.

We had a modern golden era with Al/Cris, Romo/Nance and Aikman/Buck, and it kind of disintegrated in front of our eyes. Shame.

RGIII is probably the next up-and-coming booth guy. He was a lot of fun in college games and I expect he'll get an NFL call soon enough.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I find myself going "oh my god shut up, Romo" at least six times a game. He's just annoying and he didn't use to be. His issues were evident during the Bengals-Bills game. His preferred guy wasn't playing well, but he couldn't STFU about great he is. Collinsworth does this too. If a guy is a good player you don't have to spend the entire broadcast GUSHING about him. Just be normal. 

You know who's great? Greg Olsen. His call of the Cowboys disastrous last possession against San Francisco is what every analyst should be. He's my new number one guy. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

I find myself going "oh my god shut up, Romo" at least six times a game. He's just annoying and he didn't use to be. His issues were evident during the Bengals-Bills game. His preferred guy wasn't playing well, but he couldn't STFU about great he is. Collinsworth does this too. If a guy is a good player you don't have to spend the entire broadcast GUSHING about him. Just be normal. 

You know who's great? Greg Olsen. His call of the Cowboys disastrous last possession against San Francisco is what every analyst should be. He's my new number one guy. 

I used to not like Olsen when he started, becuse he clearly showed bias (typically aginst the Cowboys) and used every instance to remind you he's a former TE. Now I thinks he's the inverse Romo becuase he's gotten better as time has gone on.

53 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Broadcasting doesn't even seem like something Tom would even have an interest in. I'm sure it's a cash grab for him and nothing more. Really tho, didn't be surprised if he never sees the booth.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

Fox really going for grabbing everyone from their glory days of the 00s huh? So yeah, now JEETS on the MLB crew, Brady we've covered extensively, and last week the worst kept secret of the past 6 years or so finally got officially out with Kevin Harvick being added to the NASCAR booth starting next season after his retirement

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

12 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Better bring back that theme too!

I think it's now owned (or at licensed) by a wrestling company for some reason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

FOX College Basketball.

Josh Tesh is just whoring it out until NBA on NBC returns. 💰

AEW wrestling has the rights now.  Not sure if exclusive (I don't watch FOX College Basketball.)

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/backstage-news-on-aew-securing-the-roundball-rock-theme-song/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

AEW wrestling has the rights now.  Not sure if exclusive (I don't watch FOX College Basketball.)

I caught the AEW usage the other day as well.

It's definitely not exclusive rights, cause FOX was using it as recently as December

6uXNWAo.png

I think we can all agree that ESPN and the NBA brought out the worst in each other. NBA on ABC never felt special. Unfortunately, it's probably Turner that's bowing out here with Discovery's money problems. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

NBC would obviously be an upgrade, since they've shown with both the NBA and the NHL that they actually know how to run those telecasts and make the games feel significant. Losing TNT (while keeping ESPN) would be a shame though. The dream scenario would be poaching Mike Breen as the lead guy for NBA on NBC and pairing him with someone more worthwhile than those two goofs he's been saddled with on ESPN for way too long, or :censored:ing Doris Burke.