Draft picks in their new uniforms 2016

19 hours ago, sonny said:

Why does this bother you so much? There are receivers who dance every time they catch a 7 yard pass, crybaby holdouts, players hitting women and smoking dope. But this guy, we gotta stop this guy from showing his abs. 

It's kind of his trademark. He's marketing and selling the Ezekiel Elliott brand. Smart. And he's a nice young man to boot. 

While you are right to defend this player, please do not conflate the disgusting act of hitting women with smoking dope, a very pleasant practice on which the backward law is gradually changing.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That's an odd collection of rookies. Early-round and late-round picks combined with plenty of both missing. Do you know if there's a common thread among them other than just having been there when the picture was taken?

The rookie photo shoot for trading cards usually focuses on QBs, RBs and WRs (the most valuable cards every year) and rarely has TEs, OTs and defensive players unless they're major names (like Bosa)

10 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

The rookie photo shoot for trading cards usually focuses on QBs, RBs and WRs (the most valuable cards every year) and rarely has TEs, OTs and defensive players unless they're major names (like Bosa)

Ah. That makes sense, I guess.

This bugs the hell out of me...

I might be in the minority, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I'm a "junior" and I wouldn't ever have "JR" on my jersey. It only makes sense in one, maybe two scenarios (in my opinion)...

1) Your parent is well-known.

2) Another player has the same last name.

I'm also not a fan of players having "SR" on their jersey after the birth of a child. People have children, it's quite common.

/End rant.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

13 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

I might be in the minority, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I'm a "junior" and I wouldn't ever have "JR" on my jersey. It only makes sense in one, maybe two scenarios (in my opinion)...

The only time it could possibly make sense would be if a same-named father and son were teammates.  And even when that unique event occurred, they didn't have it!

tumblr_m067t5IGmu1r5dtaao1_400.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

30 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Yeah it's pretty annoying. I feel like every black football player nowadays has a Jr. or Sr. on the back of their jersey. 

Not trying to be racist, just an observation. 

No racism detected, it's a good observation. In my experience black culture in America is big on legacy and their name. My father would always tell me that all I have in this world is my name and my word. That it was up to me to make sure no one has anything negative to say about either. My dad was adamant about naming me after him to keep the name going.

To be honest, it's a lot to live up to. Lots of people hold his name in high regard and they expect great things from me. That drives me, and it drives a lot of young black men. I think that's why some guys put it on their uniform. I did when I played football in high school.

On May 21, 2016 at 11:33 AM, shstpt1 said:

What an absolute joke... he needs to get over himself. He has the skill to stand out enough, doesn't need to keep this junk up. I understand that this wont be allowed during games, but still... 

Because he's crop topping his jersey...? 

tumblr_nwfn1fUl1k1teg2soo1_1280.jpg

arian-foster-again2.jpg

I guess Bell and Foster also need to "get over themselves" too, huh?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Elliot also does it as a tribute to Eddie George, there's a history of top RB's that influence the guys behind them. At least he's entertaining without having to knock out girlfriends and rent cruise ships.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/22/2016 at 10:54 AM, MCM0313 said:

That's an odd collection of rookies. Early-round and late-round picks combined with plenty of both missing. Do you know if there's a common thread among them other than just having been there when the picture was taken?

I would imagine theyre all Nike athletes. I know Fuller and Miller are Nike. Elliot too i believe, not sure about the rest.

On 5/23/2016 at 11:21 AM, LEWJ said:

This bugs the hell out of me...

I'm also not a fan of players having "SR" on their jersey after the birth of a child. People have children, it's quite common.

/End rant.

Thanks!

I've posted this thought a few times but it never really gained any traction.  "Jr." "III" "V", and "Sr." are not a part of their last names.  RGIII's last name is "Griffin" and that's the name that should be on the jersey.

In fact, I'll even push back on your two exceptions.  For #1, if you are Gary Payton, Jr., the "Jr" is still not a part of your name...I'd argue that you'd want to step out of the shadow of your famous father, but either way, it's still not a part of the name.  

Regarding #2, I would still prefer to see first initial so if Ken Griffey, Jr. played with Steve Griffey, I'd go "K. Griffey" and "S. Griffey".   Maybe if Ken Griffey, Jr, played with Kevin Griffey, I could go for it.

Otherwise, the only time I'd ever be for it is in the rare example of Ken Sr. and Jr. playing together as illustrated by Ferdinand's post.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 5/23/2016 at 11:36 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The only time it could possibly make sense would be if a same-named father and son were teammates.  And even when that unique event occurred, they didn't have it!

Is it just me or does MLB tend to leave the same names alone more often? Back in the late-80s to early-90s, Dave and Rickey Henderson both went with the same last name on their back (no initial).  I am sure there are tons of examples but for some reason I cannot think of one right now. 

Regarding the Griffeys, I remember wondering whether Sr. and Jr. would be added.  I was kinda disappointed when they were not. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'd think teams might want to switch to the Vapor template on their own. I wonder if we'll see more players individually switching templates and forcing the teams to adopt them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On May 22, 2016 at 10:51 PM, dont care said:

i guess you haven't been watching ezekiel elliot at all. the crop top is basically his trademark

If by "trademark" you mean "following a trend that looks idiotic...."

miami-v-florida-state-2031b456d5babaf2.j

Oakman310Sacks.jpg

270x416xEddie.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5XCMrV9DD

(and my personal favorite)

NCAA-Crop-Tops-2.jpg

....then sure, this is his "trademark"

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

If by "trademark" you mean "following a trend that looks idiotic...."

miami-v-florida-state-2031b456d5babaf2.j

Oakman310Sacks.jpg

270x416xEddie.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5XCMrV9DD

(and my personal favorite)

NCAA-Crop-Tops-2.jpg

....then sure, this is his "trademark"

Not saying he's the only one that's done it, just that he, and the Baylor player are the most recognized players who did it and it's basically became what Elliott is now known for visually.

The short jersey was such a common fashion trend back in the day and so ridiculous now that it's DOA. Nobody's going to have a trademark crop top look because it's an incredibly stupid with super tight jerseys.

Stop trying to make it happen.

4 minutes ago, guest23 said:

The short jersey was such a common fashion trend back in the day and so ridiculous now that it's DOA. Nobody's going to have a trademark crop top look because it's an incredibly stupid with super tight jerseys.

Stop trying to make it happen.

Agreed. Although I didn't really like them, the baggy, ill-fitted jerseys back then made the look much better.

Archived