letsgomets1212

StubHub New Logo

Somehow, they managed to put even less character into their logo. Downgrade imo.

What's wrong with StubHub?

StubHub is awesome. All of my sporting event tickets are bought using their service. Seats are cheaper than the box office, and the seat selection system is better than I've seen on any team site.

Old logo looks like it belongs in a discount mall. New one is much simpler and cleaner. I do miss the ticket allusion in the logo, but upgrade otherwise.

2 hours ago, letsgomets1212 said:

New:

Screen_Shot_2016_05_08_at_8_37_20_PM.png

Blah....

They ditched the "pair of tickets" design element that actually made sense in their identity, but kept the speech bubble element which never did.

Couldn't have even made the "Hub" orange? Or keep the ticket allusion? The old one was goofy and a bit cheap looking, but this is devoid of any identity.

FaceStubHubBook.

Ditching the tickets is like Twitter getting rid of the bird.

Terminate.

Whoever decided the speach bubble was the element to carry over instead of the tickets should be fired. It makes it look like a messaging app.

What they should have done:

stubhub-redo_zpsz1gqmsvh.png

Turns out the tickets were eliminated last August, in this short-lived logo.

DuncanChannon-logo-design-StubHub.png

The new logo gets them out of the 90s.....but it really isn't much better. I don't get the speech bubble....it just doesn't really make sense to me. @burgundy's update is much better, IMO.

Just saw the new logo this morning and look ok and by judging of the commercial I see they got rid of Ticket oak

28 minutes ago, The SHOW said:

Just saw the new logo this morning and look ok and by judging of the commercial I see they got rid of Ticket oak

I thought they were onto something with Ticket Oak:

and now, I guess you could say, they have no character.

Downgrade. The speech bubble should be a ticket.

What a bore.  Everything about the new logo is unremarkable, from the colour to the generic font and shape.

Its as if Stubhub went to a designer and said could you please make us a logo that is as bland as possible so that you cannot tell what our business actually does by looking at our logo.

53 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Its as if Stubhub went to a designer and said could you please make us a logo that is as bland as possible so that you cannot tell what our business actually does by looking at our logo

...and forks over $100,000 for a "job well done".

If anything, they should have replaced the speech bubble with a ticket shape encapsulating the company name.