Established franchises that have never worn a throwback.

ColeJ

I was thinking about the Stars potential alternate jersey options yesterday, and tried to decide if I'd rather see the Stars adopt a design similar to the 1993-94 uniforms, or just do a direct throwback to them with the original logos intact. I thought that the Sharks successfully threw back, and the Panthers are planning on throwing back next season.

The Stars, despite next season being the big 5-0 counting the North Stars History, have never once worn a throwback in a game in fifty years.

What other teams in all the big 4 have been around 20 or more seasons and never once worn a throwback jersey in a game to honor that?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-edit- beat me to it with the lightning-

have the seahawks ever worn throwbacks? i don't recall it, but i'm only a casual nfl fan.

i've seen the spurs wear throwbacks too, from the gervin era.

it seems as though the stars are by far the oldest team to have never worn a throwback, unless you only count them from 1993... at which point they're still pretty high at the top of the list.

now i want our alternate to just be a straight throwback to this:

4991-301Fr.jpg

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

To the best of my knowledge, the only franchises that have yet to wear any throwbacks are the Ravens, Texans, Jaguars, Carolina Panthers, Hurricanes, Avalanche, Blue Jackets, Stars, Florida Panthers, Wild, Predators, Lightning, and Winnipeg Jets.

i would love to see the Ravens wear a throwback :D

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Do the Flyers throwback alt (that's now their primary road) count?  It was a regular alt, not a straight throwback (though the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Yes, in 1994:

SDqqOg2.jpg

ahh one of the Seahawks home games that was moved to Husky Stadium due to falling ceiling tiles in the Kingdome. Kids, hard to believe, but there was a time when the Seahawks stadium was falling apart and they were the most likely relocation candidate. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

ahh one of the Seahawks home games that was moved to Husky Stadium due to falling ceiling tiles in the Kingdome. Kids, hard to believe, but there was a time when the Seahawks stadium was falling apart and they were the most likely relocation candidate. 

Am I ever glad that they didn't.

12 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Yep they could've been the LA Seahawks.

Archived