MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

4 hours ago, daveindc said:

Larger numbers on Dodgers helmets:

The size of the numbers on the helmets hasn't changed for some time.

gettyimages-6798221382.jpg?w=620

adrian-gonzalez-yasmani-grandal-yasiel-p

joc-pederson-is-the-right-guy-1436896576

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The size of the numbers on the helmets hasn't changed for some time.

gettyimages-6798221382.jpg?w=620

adrian-gonzalez-yasmani-grandal-yasiel-p

joc-pederson-is-the-right-guy-1436896576

Woops. Phil Hecken had retweeted someone making a comment about the large numbers last night, so I assumed something changed. Any excuse to post these beautiful helmets, I though. lol

On 10/6/2017 at 8:16 PM, CreamSoda said:

Ugh....

Astros in bright orange and red sox in blue.  

Post season baseball should be white v grey.

Thought it looked great,  especially since we got the lifeless and cold  indoor lighting. A bit of color makes up for it imo.

When it comes to the word series however i agree, home team should be in white. 

1 hour ago, shstpt1 said:

Astros are in their home navy hats today with the road greys. I really wish this were the full time road hat, with the orange billed road hat being the primary home hat

Have they worn the all navy cap with the road grays before? It's not a bad look but I agree with your feelings about the blue/orange bill cap for home

Go A's!

4 hours ago, insert name said:

Indians are doing something I never thought they'd do. Wearing their grey away jersey with the Block C cap! 

Bu...bu...but I thought the softball jerseys were good luck and stuff.  Wasn't that the primary reason they won the ALCS and went up 3-1 in the World Series last year?  That's what their Twitter account said.

15 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Have they worn the all navy cap with the road grays before? It's not a bad look but I agree with your feelings about the blue/orange bill cap for home

They did it a couple of times in the regular season when Lance McCullers pitched.

I don't really care which cap they wear with which jersey as long as they don't phase out either cap. I love the orange-billed caps (as you can see in my avatar). I've always thought the orange-billed cap would be better at home because of the orange headspoon on the home jerseys. Wearing the solid navys on the road would give them a fauxback look to the 1965-70 era. 

17bbd2a6e5578a91bc06779efc9c1a26--baseba

I like the idea of blue bill on the road and orange bill at home for Houston, if only for the fact that it would match the piping on the uniform. I don't mind them mixing and matching though, they seem to always look solid.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

20 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Bu...bu...but I thought the softball jerseys were good luck and stuff.  Wasn't that the primary reason they won the ALCS and went up 3-1 in the World Series last year?  That's what their Twitter account said.

The Indians have followed a pretty standard formula all season: When Bauer starts, it's standard home white/road gray. When anyone else starts, it's the navy jersey whenever possible with the home or road Wahoo hat. The lone exception is when Danny Salazar starts at home, in which case it's navy jersey/red hat.

On a related note, what are the Cubs doing? Are they just wearing their blue alts for every game, or are they following a schedule?

I like teams that have fixed schedules. I think the Royals do something like that, they only wear their alternates based on game time start. Not a big fan of the starting pitcher choosing the jersey, even though that's the tradition.

Archived