Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

1 minute ago, truepg said:

What about all the negative space around the L and A, and extremely tightly sitting "POR", on the other hand? Total imbalance.

Are you comparing angled letters with vertical letters and wondering why they are spaced differently?  

Just now, WSU151 said:

Are you comparing angled letters with vertical letters?  

The art of kerning is seeing the wordmark as a whole.

3 minutes ago, truepg said:

The art of kerning is seeing the wordmark as a whole.

Well the P, O, R are all the exact same width and spaced evenly apart in the new wordmark.  So I'm having trouble finding your complaint on that one.

In the previous wordmark, the down strokes of the P and O are farther apart (because of the notches) than the L and A are.  

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Well the P, O, R are all the exact same width and spaced evenly apart in the new wordmark.  So I'm having trouble finding your complaint on that one.

You can't just kern P, O, R separately from the other letters, even if they are the same width. Every character pair should be kerned in relation to the whole word, to make it look cohesive. To make my point clear, there should be more space on both sides of the O, and maybe after the R too.

19 minutes ago, sayahh said:

I don't, either, but it's probably the only way the league would approve this logo, with the least amount of tweaking to the logo we (and ownership) actually want. Same thing happened to the Atlanta Hawks redesign: they couldn't bring back the Pacman logo exactly as before, which is why we got an inferior Pacman.

It sucks, if that's the case. The updated Pacman logo is vastly superior to the old one, though, in my opinion. Neither should've made the "comeback", but that's another story.

Retaining the wishbone collar? Not a good look. 

Using a one-piece cutout for the logo+wordmarks? Yikes. I think an adidas jersey via AliExpress is better constructed regardless of price. 

Wonder what the swingman version will go for?  I'm guessing $125ish

35 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

That screams cheaply made and overpriced to sell. 

Just spotted the new Wizards half-zip sweater from Nike via Jason Smith instagram. It's the trainer to the right of Will Ferrell. 

IMG_0496.JPG

2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

That screams cheaply made and overpriced to sell. 

Are you sure this isn't photoshopped?  Looks to me it is because Nike cannot manufacture uniforms until after the season is complete.  But who knows?

2 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Are you sure this isn't photoshopped?  Looks to me it is because Nike cannot manufacture uniforms until after the season is complete.  But who knows?

Nike can manufacture them before the season is complete, stores just can't sell them.  

We get leaks because we see images of products before stores are authorized to sell.  

14 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Retaining the wishbone collar? Not a good look. 

Using a one-piece cutout for the logo+wordmarks? Yikes. I think an adidas jersey via AliExpress is better constructed regardless of price. 

It's because of the fact that the Warriors front end of the jersey is one piece. It's stitched in as one part on their actual jerseys.
L.jpg.6a1c401fe7d9f4078145af22ed20c8e2.jpg

On 4/13/2017 at 1:33 PM, hendocfc said:

I can confirm the Houston Rockets are not getting a new logo next season,though

Seriously?? 

:mad:

34 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Seriously?? 

:mad:

Maybe someone should make an app that turns all the current Rockets logos into the Olajuwon pre-94 logos like the one in your avatar on TV.

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

We are finally getting decent replica jerseys.

this is decent for 75$ ? WOW.

14 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Will replica jerseys have ads?  (Besides the Nike logo)... this Warriors picture is giving me hope that maybe ads will only stay on the court?  

I think its only replicas sold in the arenas? I may be making that up though...

I STILL rock my early 2ks Nike Swingman jerseys...the quality is pretty damn good.