NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

4 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

Found this on reddit, no longer available to view, what you guys think

IMG_0002.jpg

So are the Timberwolves definitely going to tree-brand? ;)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't buy that Nike wouldn't have alternate uniforms in their debut season, as a matter of fact, the Trail Blazers stated they will have "alternate uniforms" in the upcoming season.

Exactly, this is what I've already said twice. Their CMO said they'll unveil new alternates in addition to new home and roads, so that right there renders the image false and illegitimate. Some of the info on it does seem to match up with rumors and info that we've heard, but it looks like somebody just took those rumors and made the graphic to reflect them. 

13 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Sorry if this is answered, but does that image mean the Cavs and Clippers are already getting new home and away uniforms next year? 

The Cavs and Clippers are making some changes (likely not major changes though) but that was known before this graphic came about. As I've already said, the graphic is false, even if it does have some accurate info on it. It's likely just a fan-made graphic based off of some rumors and some info that's already been confirmed. The piece about there not being alternate uniforms is definitely false though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, chapi said:

this is decent for 75$ ? WOW.

The application looks bad, but as far as the material and cut, it actually looks like a basketball jersey. If you replaced wordmarks on the current jerseys and removed the adidas logo, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart from Walmart jerseys. They're essentially cutoff dri-fit t shirts which woulda been fine for some teams a few years ago...but not anymore. 

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

The application looks bad, but as far as the material and cut, it actually looks like a basketball jersey. If you replaced wordmarks on the current jerseys and removed the adidas logo, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart from Walmart jerseys. They're essentially cutoff dri-fit t shirts which woulda been fine for some teams a few years ago...but not anymore. 

Is Nike definitely moving away from Rev30? I remember when Lakers went from Nike to Reebok that Reebok kept the design but can't remember if they also kept the fabric...

Am I correct to assume all uniforms that were sleeved are getting transitioned to sleeveless??

Rip City, Bulls black road, Rockets grey, Pistons navy, Memphis pride,NETS pride white,.etc.

There are plenty of sleeved unis that would be classic if they removed the sleeves. 

shado_logo.gif

^ yeah, let's hope they're just transitioned to sleeveless. a lot of the sleeved unis would become the team's best unis without the sleeves, imo.

those specific unis might change though, as the Rip City alt will likely be an all-new design with the rebrand happening. same thing for the Motor City alt since I'd say the Pistons will be removing Navy from their color scheme (thankfully!).

36 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

^ yeah, let's hope they're just transitioned to sleeveless. a lot of the sleeved unis would become the team's best unis without the sleeves, imo.

those specific unis might change though, as the Rip City alt will likely be an all-new design with the rebrand happening. same thing for the Motor City alt since I'd say the Pistons will be removing Navy from their color scheme (thankfully!).

Simple red, white and blue.  Although I wouldn't put it past these guys to throw silver in just because

1 minute ago, Conrad. said:

Looks quite promising from that teaser. I trust that Todd and his crew are gonna knock all of the designs out of the park. Excited to see more.

Is there an official league-wide apparel supplier for the Big3?

Todd is an absolute legend, and he's what all of us aspiring designers want to be. It's so cool that he's gotten to be in charge of all of the creative elements of the Big3, and the uniforms definitely do look promising from that teaser. Can't wait to see more.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Clippers are making a "special announcement" on Monday. My first thought is unveiling the new uniforms, but I don't think they can do that until the contract with Adidas ends this summer.
Source

6 minutes ago, The AFC South said:

The Clippers are making a "special announcement" on Monday. My first thought is unveiling the new uniforms, but I don't think they can do that until the contract with Adidas ends this summer.
Source

I bet it'll be the official announcement of their new D-League (technically G-League) team. I don't think it'll have anything to do with the new uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

I bet it'll be the official announcement of their new D-League (technically G-League) team. I don't think it'll have anything to do with the new uniforms.

Oh yes, forgot about that. 

Archived