NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

27 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

I wonder if Disney will do the double dip and do the Lakers as well.

I kind of doubt it. Disney doesn't really seem to fit the Lakers' glitz and glam brand IMO. With the Magic, Disney is pretty much a perfect fit, but the Lakers have always struck me as sort of a luxury-type brand, so I'd be surprised to see them strike a deal with Disney, which is, for the most part, the opposite of that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disney, IMO, is best-case scenario (outside of no ad at all, of course) for a jersey ad. The team is named after Magic Kingdom, for crying out loud. They are also very non-intrusive - simply a white wordmark on blue on the blue jersey, and I assume there will be a black wordmark on white on the home (why black? The adidas logo on the Magic replica jerseys was black). Doesn't help the "all Orlando has is theme parks" stereotype, however. I guess you can't have everything.

EDIT: The tracker so far:

Boston: GE

Brooklyn: Infor (:puke:)

Cleveland: Goodyear

Minnesota: Fitbit

Orlando: Disney

Utah: Five for the Fight

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

ExJworW.png

42 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

And the Magic, predictably, will have Disney as theirs:

IMG_5163.thumb.JPG.3d8d9d8d5bc61e769b878f6c5528b3ef.JPG

I'm just imagining players onscreen with this jersey patch, while in the corner the ESPN on ABC logo is showing. It's a Disney-sponsored team on a Disney-owned station playing on a second Disney-owned station

1 minute ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Disney, IMO, is best-case scenario (outside of no ad at all, of course) for a jersey ad. The team is named after Magic Kingdom, for crying out loud. They are also very non-intrusive - simply a white wordmark on blue on the blue jersey, and I assume there will be a black wordmark on white on the home (why black? The adidas logo on the Magic replica jerseys was black). Doesn't help the "all Orlando has is theme parks" stereotype, however. I guess you can't have everything.

I always heard the owner bought name out before Miami could get it since Miami is also nicknamed the "Magic City"

5 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I'm just imagining players onscreen with this jersey patch, while in the corner the ESPN on ABC logo is showing. It's a Disney-sponsored team on a Disney-owned station playing on a second Disney-owned station

Don't worry, we'll never see the Orlando Magic on ESPN on ABC for quite some time.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

Just now, KGeeX5 said:

I always heard the owner bought name out before Miami could get it since Miami is also nicknamed the "Magic City"

Not even close. Miami never wanted "Magic". They were "Heat" from the start (both teams did name-the-team contests; Heat won in an overwhelming landslide for Miami, Magic won over "Juice" because Pat William's daughter liked it better, and she was the tiebreaker. Good for her.

1 minute ago, EvilChameleon said:

Don't worry, we'll never see the Orlando Magic on ESPN on ABC for quite some time.

lalalala.gif.5dace7f7212bda1a8d891902dd582967.gif

Sorry. I was too busy crying in the corner about the team's future that I didn't catch what you said. Oh wait, it wasn't good news? Oh well. I don't want to hear it anyway.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

EDIT: The tracker so far:

Boston: GE

Brooklyn: Infor (:puke:)

Cleveland: Goodyear

Minnesota: Fitbit

Orlando: Disney

Utah: Five for the Fight

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

Philadelphia: Stubhub

Sacramento: Blue Diamond Almonds

Milwaukee: Fitbit

48 minutes ago, kimball said:

Though, I kinda wish it was the Mickey ears logo. Probably more recognizable than the Disney script logo.

It depends. Mickey (obviously) predates the script logo by over five decades, but the script may be more well known now due to the immediate success the company had with the script. Add to the fact that Disney (and pretty much all companies) are trying to streamline and simplify their brands, it makes sense to use the logo that is already widely in use (I can't remember the last time I saw the mouse-ears logo).

NSFCvyu.png

4 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

It depends. Mickey (obviously) predates the script logo by over five decades, but the script may be more well known now due to the immediate success the company had with the script. Add to the fact that Disney (and pretty much all companies) are trying to streamline and simplify their brands, it makes sense to use the logo that is already widely in use (I can't remember the last time I saw the mouse-ears logo).

I was actually thinking the 'D' alone would have worked best. 

disney-logo-d.png

I think most people would recognize it just as easily as the script and it probably would have been more visible than the script.

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

It's Disney-ception! 

Image result for shocked meme

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I was actually thinking the 'D' alone would have worked best. 

disney-logo-d.png

I think most people would recognize it just as easily as the script and it probably would have been more visible than the script.

That's a big D.

4 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Philadelphia: Stubhub

Sacramento: Blue Diamond Almonds

Milwaukee: Fitbit

Milwaukee too?

2 minutes ago, trueblues said:

Drip, drip? (not my photos)

blazers1.jpeg

blazers2.jpeg

blazers3.jpeg

It's the old wordmark, but template might be used.  Not sure if they'll stay with the shadowed numbers.

Not sure why a swingman version would have an "engineered to championship athletes" (or whatever it says) tag on it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It's the old wordmark, but template might be used.  Not sure if they'll stay with the shadowed numbers.

Not sure why a swingman version would have an "engineered to championship athletes" (or whatever it says) tag on it.

I seriously doubt the wife beater template will be used...that's gotta be fake. There's no way you 're gonna fit Antetokounmpo on there. 

10 minutes ago, trueblues said:

Drip, drip? (not my photos)

blazers1.jpeg

blazers2.jpeg

blazers3.jpeg

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Old wordmark, but template might be used.  Not sure if they'll stay with the shadowed numbers.

That's just a terribly executed fake based off of @Max Sang's concept that he posted on Behance.

IMG_5180.thumb.PNG.1ac355d70cdb58c87ce00b70ede1d7aa.PNG

The image is not at all indicative of the style of templates that Nike will use for the NBA jerseys, and it's entirely inaccurate with regards to the Blazers new uniforms that are set to be unveiled in late summer. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived