2016 NFL Playoffs

JWhiz96

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BengalsJunkie said:

i expect the falcons to be talked about 20% of the time, while the patriots are talked about 40% of the time, and tom brady v. roger goodell will be taked about the other 40%.

I'm already groaning at the "Brady vs. Goodell" crap, like we're supposed to believe that Goodell's angry that a top-ten media market with the league's most marketable player is headed back to the Super Bowl. Vince McMahon called, he wants his storylines back.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Funny, I predicted Falcons-Patriots for the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season (with New England unfortunately winning in the process). I would have more confidence in the Falcons if they had a better defense, but I just think Brady is going to have a field day against them. For as explosive as Atlanta's offense is, I just don't see them putting up a lot against an extremely underrated defense lead by Belichick (and that bearded baby-faced douche of a DC). Do I think Atlanta has a chance? Absolutely, but so did St. Louis, so did Carolina, so did Philadelphia, and so did Seattle. I'm just expecting the inevitable right now.

5 minutes ago, BengalsJunkie said:

it's begun.

Well, it is cheap heat as it were.  The 2016 Atlanta Falcons don't have as rich a storyline compared with the likes of the Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, & even Giants for repping the NFC.  2 weeks of pre-SB storyline filler, unless Arthur Blank says or does something really stupid.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Every time I see that zone D I just want to teleport to the sidelines and punch Keith Butler in the face. You can't sit back and let TB throw for 8 yards on every play. Butler needs to be fired. 

At least I've got the Pens to keep me happy though. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

Goodness, the AFC is absolutely abysmal. Outside of the Pats, there really isn't a single team worth anything. And outside of the Pats, Steelers, and Peyton Manning's teams, it's been dreadful for close to two decades now. It's really something the downright :censored: football we've had to put up with from the "lesser league"s conference since the turn of the century. 

The AFC race ended practically when Carr got hurt.

It's easy to forget Oakland was battling New England for the 1 seed in November-December.

32 minutes ago, BengalsJunkie said:

i expect the falcons to be talked about 20% of the time, while the patriots are talked about 40% of the time, and tom brady v. roger goodell will be taked about the other 40%.

Patriots fans are more into the Goodell revenge motive than the Atlanta offense.

They might be so obsessed with Goodell handing Brady another trinket they may overlook Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Patriots fans are more into the Goodell revenge motive than the Atlanta offense.

They have every right to be pissed off. The year they deflated the ball they won the Super Bowl. The year Brady was benched, they went 3-1 in the suspension games, 14-2 on the season, and are favorites in the Super Bowl. I totally get why they're angry.

If we all just agree that Brady's the greatest QB, Belichick the greatest coach, and these Pats the NFL's greatest dynasty, could the Pats just go away? The NFL has turned into La Liga.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Patriots, you're meat.

If all this ESPN and all this Super Bowl coverage bothers you all....why do you stay glued to the same channels?  Surely I'm not the only one that knows how to avoid hearing two weeks of Super Bowl coverage (though I'll watch a good bit of it this year).

Archived