2016 NFL Playoffs

JWhiz96

I hate you Jared Cook. With all of my hate.

That is all.

Jerry, please for the love of God; GO DEFENSE. ALL PICKS.

My grandmother could cover better then everyone in the Cowboys secondary; and she's dead.

It's too damn easy for Rodgers to sit in the pocket; roll out, knit a sweater, read War and Peace and teach someone CPR by the time a Cowboys defender got within sniffing distance.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

To the Cowboys fans on this site:

Was today's loss more or less hard to swallow than the Giants game 10 years ago?

There were a few similarities: 13-3 #1 seed, beat by a 10-6 team.

Not really. I didn't buy into the sports media narrative that over inflated how good the team was.  Sure the team was improved but there was no way this team was going to the NFC title game let alone Super Bowl. The defense is mediocre at best and had the tendency to give up the big play.  There was several games they were fortunate to win because of the play of Dak and Zeke. 

With all that said, I'm impressed with the resiliency of the team. When the Packers got up 21-3, they fought back and Dak gave them a chance to win. The game against the Giants was a typical Romo being Romo in big game spots. 

So no the game isn't a difficult pill to swallow because they were not expected to have the season they had with the play from the rookies that they had let alone the ridiculous notion this team was a Super Bowl bound team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

37 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I hate you Jared Cook. With all of my hate.

That is all.

Jerry, please for the love of God; GO DEFENSE. ALL PICKS.

My grandmother could cover better then everyone in the Cowboys secondary; and she's dead.

It's too damn easy for Rodgers to sit in the pocket; roll out, knit a sweater, read War and Peace and teach someone CPR by the time a Cowboys defender got within sniffing distance.

This was exactly what I was thinking, especially during the first half when the cowboys defense had absolutely no pulse and just could not get off the field.

I know it's no good to talk in coulda woulda shouldas but if the cowboys could have stopped the packers on 3rd down just one damn time, they would have had more opportunities in the first half to control the clock because the Green Bay defense couldn't stop zeke and it would have been a totally different ball game that I think the cowboys win.

I was pissed off pretty much the whole game and for hours afterward but today I feel better and I'm looking forward to next year with the great o-line and playmakers and hopefully the "football genius jerry" can put together some semblance of a defense that can stop good teams at least once in a while to let the offense do it's thing.

12 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

This was exactly what I was thinking, especially during the first half when the cowboys defense had absolutely no pulse and just could not get off the field.

I know it's no good to talk in coulda woulda shouldas but if the cowboys could have stopped the packers on 3rd down just one damn time, they would have had more opportunities in the first half to control the clock because the Green Bay defense couldn't stop zeke and it would have been a totally different ball game that I think the cowboys win.

I was pissed off pretty much the whole game and for hours afterward but today I feel better and I'm looking forward to next year with the great o-line and playmakers and hopefully the "football genius jerry" can put together some semblance of a defense that can stop good teams at least once in a while to let the offense do it's thing.

The defense somehow, someway did not give up many big plays. That was a testament to just how overpowering and manhandling the offensive line was in taking over games.

The defense just got overworked last night. Three straight quick scores and an offense that took until halfway through the second quarter to find any semblance of rhythm.

That's a toxic combination that spells doom to any team.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Right. It wasn't big plays that killed the cowboys last night it was the long sustained drives by the packers in the first half, two of which were enabled by two penalties on third down when the cowboys would have stopped the packers otherwise (not complaining that the penlaties were called, just saying the cowboys shot themselves in the foot). When a defense has so little room for error, stupid penalties like that cannot happen.

Anyone but the Pats.

Mostly Falcons, but the other two would do just fine. I'd love most to see the Steelers beat the Patriots in Foxboro. By cheating. That would be sweet.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Anyone but the Pats.

Mostly Falcons, but the other two would do just fine. I'd love most to see the Steelers beat the Patriots in Foxboro. By cheating. That would be sweet.

I hate the Steelers almost as much as I hate the Patriots, but I must admit if Pittsburgh won and it were later uncovered that Big Ben deflated footballs and Tomlin had film illegally, I wouldn't even be mad. That'd be amazing.

Of course I'd go back to wanting the Packers or Falcons to beat them by 60 and for them to never sniff the divisional round again for 40 years, but at least I'd give them that one momentary thumbs up.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Tom Brady responded to Earl Thomas today.

“I don’t think I have ever been one to say anything negative about anybody,” Brady said, via WEEI.com. “That’s just not my personality. I love Earl. He is a helluva player. I wish him the best in his recovery.”

What an arrogant punk that Brady is. I tell ya.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

13 minutes ago, Brass said:

Tom Brady responded to Earl Thomas today.

What an arrogant punk that Brady is. I tell ya.

That's all Earl Thomas deserved. He has no business talking about an "easy road" when he's sitting in the NFC West.

“I don’t think I have ever been one to say anything negative about anybody,” Brady said, via WEEI.com. “That’s just not my personality. I love Earl. He is a helluva player. I wish him the best in his recovery.”

*ahem*

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/tom-brady-ravens-study-the-rule-book

spacer.png

Now we'll find out if the Patriots defense is as good as their stats indicate or if it was because of the lack of facing great QB's.

They avoided Big Ben earlier this year, Brady lost to the one good QB he faced (Russell Wilson), and let's not forget the Derek Carr injury.

2 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Now we'll find out if the Patriots defense is as good as their stats indicate or if it was because of the lack of facing great QB's.

They avoided Big Ben earlier this year, Brady lost to the one good QB he faced (Russell Wilson), and let's not forget the Derek Carr injury.

Considering Big Ben is having a down season I like their chances.

46 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

So, all but one Super Bowl since the 2003 season has had either the Patriots, Steelers, or Peyton Manning. Super Bowl XLVII is starting to look more like a blessing in disguise.

8C0EB223-3344-49C4-9864-797CA7093AFC-1704-0000021E824E87D1_tmp.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

So, all but one Super Bowl since the 2003 season has had either the Patriots, Steelers, or Peyton Manning. Super Bowl XLVII is starting to look more like a blessing in disguise.

Looking back in retrospect, kinda sorta feels like the Ravens made a deal with the Devil to win that SB considering what's happened since.

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

XLVII really does seem like some sort of alternate reality or Earth-2 moment, doesn't it? 

As a parity fan, I sure could use another one of those. Or four.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Looking back in retrospect, kinda sorta feels like the Ravens made a deal with the Devil to win that SB considering what's happened since.

Hell it felt like they made a deal with the devil the moment the lights went out during that Super Bowl.

Archived