Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of amazed they put that much detail into the preview.

They look pretty good except for the stupid wordmark on the sleeves and the chrome facemask.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Matches the franchise.

The Lions had an opportunity to knock this out of the park and have one of the best sets in the league. But, in pure, typical Lions fashion, they fail miserably

At this point can we really blame the teams anymore? Since the Nike deal, how many rebrands have looked good? Seahawks and Vikings? Even the Vikings is debatable with the weird number font. I love Nike and think most of their NCAA designs strong. But something is wrong with the NFL side. I don't know if they have different designers, the NFL branding department gets involved, or if they're just trying too had. It's frustrating and something needs to change. 

12 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

At this point can we really blame the teams anymore? Since the Nike deal, how many rebrands have looked good? Seahawks and Vikings? Even the Vikings is debatable with the weird number font. I love Nike and think most of their NCAA designs strong. But something is wrong with the NFL side. I don't know if they have different designers, the NFL branding department gets involved, or if they're just trying too had. It's frustrating and something needs to change. 

Seems like teams need to remind everyone where they're from and their name

Lionshelmet.png

3 minutes ago, detam said:

To be fare they killed the Seahawks set. Too many teams want to keep old and it hinders design imo

That's definitely a matter of opinion. I've hated the Seahawks since I first saw it, and that was even before I knew they'd be going exclusively with the stupid monochrome.

One good thing about the new unifoms is that they're on the Vapor Untouchable template (note the collar). Hopefully that's a sign that the league will be converting to that template full time, or at least giving teams the option to switch over. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As far as this Lions reveal is concerned, it will be a shame if the Lions don't hit this outta the park.  They have a beautiful color scheme, a solid logo, and a classic "sports team name"

With that being said, I'm going to restrain my opinion until the reveal (or legit leak) 

8 minutes ago, Yippy said:

As far as this Lions reveal is concerned, it will be a shame if the Lions don't hit this outta the park.  They have a beautiful color scheme, a solid logo, and a classic "sports team name"

With that being said, I'm going to restrain my opinion until the reveal (or legit leak) 

Okay I wasn't researching and hope this is a fake leak cuz idk how someone could take the original and just turn up the saturation and get the image floating around

Lionshelmet.png

Archived