(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Kesler sits on the puck to kill the last 10 seconds, they call him for delay-of-game... but they don't reset the clock? Why even call the penalty if you're just gonna let him get away with it anyways?

16 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

So Kesler sits on the puck to kill the last 10 seconds, they call him for delay-of-game... but they don't reset the clock? Why even call the penalty if you're just gonna let him get away with it anyways?

Do they ever reset the clock after delay of game calls?

And he didn't "sit" on it, I believe it ended up between his legs which could be why the refs didn't blow it earlier if they thought it could have been knocked out by somebody.

IbjBaeE.png

Just now, monkeypower said:

Do they ever reset the clock after delay of game calls?

And he didn't "sit" on it, I believe it ended up between his legs which could be why the refs didn't blow it earlier if they thought it could have been knocked out by somebody.

If they don't then they really should in my opinion, especially when it affects the end of the game the way that did.

And yeah, it did just sort of end up there accidentally, but it's not like he was real quick to get up and let play continue...

4 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

If they don't then they really should in my opinion, especially when it affects the end of the game the way that did.

And yeah, it did just sort of end up there accidentally, but it's not like he was real quick to get up and let play continue...

I'm pretty sure time isn't added on for delay of game penalties as I've never seen or heard of it happening, but I don't know the rulebook.

And did you really expect Kesler, or anybody for that matter, to get up off the puck in that situation? It was the smartest play he had.

IbjBaeE.png

That was some of the most laughably one-sided officiating I've ever seen in my life.  Hook and a hold on a clean breakaway results in no call.  Yet brushing Gibson results in a penalty leading to the game winner.  I guess Bob Murray's pissing and moaning about Giordano's unintentional injury to Fowler paid off in spades.

29 minutes ago, Morgo said:

That was some of the most laughably one-sided officiating I've ever seen in my life.  Hook and a hold on a clean breakaway results in no call.  Yet brushing Gibson results in a penalty leading to the game winner.  I guess Bob Murray's pissing and moaning about Giordano's unintentional injury to Fowler paid off in spades.

Hahahaha k

0-20-7

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

7 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Have fun blowing a 3-2 series lead for the 5th time in a row.

Yeah, Chicago and Nashville really have our number. Going out in the Conference Final like that again will definitely sting.

You'll be long over the Flames loss by then. Checking draft boards for who the Canucks will pick.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

5 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I, for one, am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Morgo jumped from the Canucks to, of all teams, the Flames. How did that happen, exactly?

I'm a fan of both teams and don't care about the divisional rivalry.  If supporting the teams of the place I live in and the place half of my family is from is wrong, I don't want to be right.  There was never a jump as I was on both the 2004 and 2011 bandwagons.  Yes, I'll be checking the draft boards for the Canucks whether the Flames win or lose.

That game was interesting... Caps looked awful in the first, rightly down. After the Williams PP goal thought something seemed to click and they got back into it. Freddy Anderson was insane last night, Caps would've easily had 4-5 if it weren't for him. Leafs fans, was he this good during the regular season?

also the Hawks lost ?

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The NHL seriously has a Sidney Crosby playoff game on a channel not too many people get in favor of New York-Montreal and St. Louis-Minnesota.

These dumbasses have no clue how to market their sport.

We're through the looking glass, people. Now we have someone complaining that the NHL needs to show one of the NBC7 more.

18 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

We're through the looking glass, people. Now we have someone complaining that the NHL needs to show one of the NBC7 more.

You have the second- and fourth-best teams in the league playing in the first round and one of them has a once-in-a-generation scorer and superstar… why would you even think of throwing that series on NHL Network?

6fQjS3M.png

1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

You have the second- and fourth-best teams in the league playing in the first round and one of them has a once-in-a-generation scorer and superstar… why would you even think of throwing that series on NHL Network?

Sidney Crosby gets on national TV all the time. The Blue Jackets are probably not a great draw, even though they're good.  There's at least four games in each series; one not being on the main cable channel isn't the end of the world. It makes the NHL Network more worthwhile if they have a good game every once in a while.  It's not a potential series-clincher, so showcasing it isn't as important.

Archived