Unused Uniforms In Video Games

wildfan2440

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL 99 for PlayStation had the Kings' 1970s purple jersey as their 3rd, worn with their black helmet and black pants. The Kings didn't bring back the old Forum Blue look as an alt until a few years ago, and never paired it with black helmets and pants.

MVP Baseball 2004 had the Blue Jays' never-worn graphite road uniforms.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

16 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

NHL 99 for PlayStation had the Kings' 1970s purple jersey as their 3rd, worn with their black helmet and black pants. The Kings didn't bring back the old Forum Blue look as an alt until a few years ago, and never paired it with black helmets and pants.

The Kings did wear that combination exactly once. On March 13, 1997, they wore that jersey (and matching socks) for their 30th Anniversary, but with their regular black helmets and pants.

This is the only picture I've ever found of it.

59339e8f54b69_ThrowbackForumBluevs1995WhiteMaybe.thumb.jpg.3c979af13ff8dc75aba34af0f10bddea.jpg

Most of the Christmas alts in NBA 2K16 and 2K17 were never worn, as only the 10-12 teams that played on Christmas Day actually wore theirs, if I recall correctly, yet every team has one in the game (and in the adidas catalog).

On 6/4/2017 at 0:31 AM, Old School Fool said:

As long as I play Madden, I will NEVER mismatch uniforms like this. It hurts.

in Madden '17, i mismatched the Giants Color Rush uniform with the their '86 helmets... and i it looked very clean IMO. the guy who did the Bucs just splashed anything together without caring about the aesthetics.

edit: i also meant to say i used the '86 helmets with the current road jerseys, paired with the current home white pants too. same thing with the current home set, but switched to the '86 helmets.

9 minutes ago, Pabig said:

Mix and Match in Madden is amazing. With the Patriots I usually use the modern helmet, red throwback jerseys and pair them with the navy current away pants. Looks really amazing.

The Ravens color rush jersey with the gold pants doesn't look too bad. Neither does the purple pants with the white jersey. Also, the Falcons color rush jersey paired with silver/grey pants looks great.

3 hours ago, Pabig said:

Mix and Match in Madden is amazing. With the Patriots I usually use the modern helmet, red throwback jerseys and pair them with the navy current away pants. Looks really amazing.

Man, I can't really stand the Madden games now, but I could spend hours just mixing and matching I'm sure. Might be worth picking up for that alone

On 6/3/2017 at 3:15 PM, wildfan2440 said:

Two Pants I found in madden that are not in any official uniform sets. The Bears one was brought up earlier but the Vikings one is unkown. My theory is they are supposed to be used in create a uniform

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

cheeky.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

11 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

cheeky.

nice.

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

On 6/2/2017 at 8:17 PM, wildfan2440 said:

BUCS.jpeg

This almost looks like a Senior Bowl where players wear their team jersey/helmet and then generic pants. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Wasn't the a Madden game where the Jaguars had teal pants?

I think that was in the era before their first bad makeover, but after they had added the black alt and switched to black numbers on the white jerseys. I believe the teal pants were another style guide entry that never made it to the field.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The last couple of NFL 2K and NFL Fever editions had blue pants for the Rams that had a gold "swoosh". The swoosh looked like the Panthers pants, but the swoosh was shorter. These existed but only appeared at the uni unveiling in 2001. These games also had blue pants for the Rams with no stripes or swooshes or anything. I don't think these ever even existed.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Let us not forget the Pink Patriots of Tecmo Super Bowl.

patpink.jpg.28126d786ddf9251188381c7c74b5604.jpg

Found on Google, sorry about the piss-poor quality.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

54 minutes ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Let us not forget the Pink Patriots of Tecmo Super Bowl.

patpink.jpg.28126d786ddf9251188381c7c74b5604.jpg

Found on Google, sorry about the piss-poor quality.

Seattle was the first Tecmo Bowl pink team! 

On 6/5/2017 at 9:40 PM, OldRamsFan said:

The last couple of NFL 2K and NFL Fever editions had blue pants for the Rams that had a gold "swoosh". The swoosh looked like the Panthers pants, but the swoosh was shorter. These existed but only appeared at the uni unveiling in 2001. These games also had blue pants for the Rams with no stripes or swooshes or anything. I don't think these ever even existed.

The Rams did wear a white version of those swoosh pants in the 2001 Preseason. I was playing Madden 2001 on Playstation a few months ago and I saw the blue pants in the uniform selection and it did not look good.

Rams2001preseasonPants.jpg

592761.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Archived