XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

So I said it in the other XFL thread, but perhaps it would be more appropriate here.

The team names/logos should have been unveiled months ago. This drawn out process is just stupid. Just release the names and logos already.

• Like 7

Too much red. 😕

• Like 1

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I do hope that the Seattle team does have a "northwest" color scheme. Greens, blues, purples, grays/silvers, those are the colors I think of when I think of the Pacific Northwest, and I hope that the Seattle team has one of those as their primary color.

1 hour ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

Too much red. 😕

I think the red in the "eye" of the first one will be the only red on that logo. Just because I don't see them having more than one team wearing red as a primary or secondary color, like the AAF. I would think that the red would be an accent color.

And I just get this feeling that the black and gray logo will be going to the St. Louis team. Just a feeling.

• Like 1

I have a feeling the red, light blue and black logo might be for the Houston team. The light blue and red would be a nod to the Oilers (I think another member may have mentioned this earlier).  I also wouldn’t be surprised if they went with the name Wildcatters since it was a finalist name during the Texans naming process and is a fitting name for the city (similar to Oilers).  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bowld said:

Black and silver could be a black G.. Or a silver spider, looks like legs

I remember back to how the AAF hinted at their logos and no one really got it right.

Because of the rumors, everyone thought the Fleet logo was the Salt Lake "Swarm" logo because of the hexagon like pattern. And everyone thought that the mane of the Stallions logo was a wing. Sure that could be a G in the black and grey logo, but really, take any logo, NCAA or NFL, zoom in really close, and you can find letters and what not in it. The XFL is doing what MCU trailers do, mislead on purpose. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

So I said it in the other XFL thread, but perhaps it would be more appropriate here.

The team names/logos should have been unveiled months ago. This drawn out process is just stupid. Just release the names and logos already.

I wonder if the delays are a sign of trouble. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I wouldn't even say months ago. 

However, we are a week from college football starting its Week 0 and the NFL is in Week 2 of Preseason.  America's focus has already moved.

Nobody cares about their first QB signed in Landry Jones. 

And they still MUST SELL TICKETS!

Even if every one of y'all buy a tee for $25, they'll just see 10-15% of what you paid in a licensing fee. That $hit ain't keeping the doors open long even if Vince can still sell stock.

Edited by dfwabel
  • Like 2

I can’t wait to see the whole reveal for the Carolina Blue/Red/Black team...based on that combo alone, that might be the team I throw my support to.  I’m in Orlando, so I’m secretly hoping it’s Tampa, but realistically it has to be Houston.

Early, early predictions:

Dallas:  Red or Crimson/White

Houston:  Light Blue/Red/Black

Los Angeles:  Silver & Black

New York:  

Seattle:  

St Louis:  

Tampa:  

Washington, DC:  Red/White/Navy/Grey

Red in 3 team brands already; I’d expect to see some Orange for Tampa, Yellow/Gold in St Louis, Green in Seattle and who the hell knows for New York...though I was hoping for a  Black/Grey/Charcoal/Yellow-Gold “Gotham City” setup.

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I don't see how. 

Delays could mean things are not running smoothly behind the scenes and other issues have been tougher to navigate than expected.

The AAF should be a reminder football leagues are the toughest to build and sustain. Looking back, an early indicator the AAF was in trouble was how they randomly unveiled white jerseys for teams. They clearly hadn’t thought out how teams would clash, and didn’t bother or couldn’t afford to match the white jerseys with the primary. 

Maybe it’s nothing, but this delay is something to think about. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Seattle Dragons:  looks like 2 shades of Green + Navy + a little Orange.  That could get a little 90’s ish.

Tampa ?:  they just went and matched the Bucs.  Odd, but makes some sense.  I was hoping for Tennessee/Creamsicle Orange + Black + Gray, similar to what Oklahoma State used to do.  The Red is just too much.

• Like 1

One of the lessons I took from the AAF was that the team colors will not be what you expect. For example, my assumption about Atlanta (before I was hired) was that the city of Atlanta itself is pretty much red all around. The Falcons, Braves, United, Delta, Coke, CNN, and nearby UGA are all red. So my thought was that Alliance Atlanta would feature red. But after talking to the Legends staff after the fact, one of the major points they wanted to emphasize is to NOT associate themselves with red, in an attempt to make them diffrent and unique.

So while I think that the green logo may be the Seattle franchise, that's only because of my ideas and notions of what colors a Seattle team should be. Much like how people think that the LA team will be black and grey (because of the LA Raiders) and that one of the Texas teams would have the light blue/teal color because of the Oilers. I think the XFL, much like the AAF, will take our expectations and give us logos and colors that we would't think.

My guesses, and they are pure guesses:

SEA= greens with blue & orange

NY=Black & silver

HOU=sky, red & black

DC=Red, Blue, silver

DAL=Red & white

LA=Red,Orange & black

2 teams left and so far no metallic gold, yellow, teal, purple, brown, burgundy and only minimal orange. I expect at least 1 team in purple and 1 with either yellow or gold in the final 2.  

7 minutes ago, WideRight said:

My guesses, and they are pure guesses:

SEA= greens with blue & orange

NY=Black & silver

HOU=sky, red & black

DC=Red, Blue, silver

DAL=Red & white

LA=Red,Orange & black

2 teams left and so far no metallic gold, yellow, teal, purple, brown, burgundy and only minimal orange. I expect at least 1 team in purple and 1 with either yellow or gold in the final 2.  

Almost exactly what I said, except I don’t think there’s any way that LA is not Silver & Black and Orange/Red/Black HAS to be Tampa.

Also no Royal Blue yet.  Royal & Yellow-Gold would be Rams-ish in St Louis.  

NY seems to be the wild card and with McMahon being an NYC guy, I doubt he goes Purple.   Vegas/Metallic Gold + another color?  I really don’t have a guess.

I hope they don’t use Maroon or Cardinal at all...horrific.  I could live with a Brown if well done.

Fun to speculate and will be interesting to see how these end up.  I’d imagine we get full logos on Tuesday, as someone else said.