XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

The only thing is the bird and fleur de lis both seem to only fit with the Battlehawks. The site speculates that the fleur could be the Vipers, but it doesn't make any sense there. There's no French history with the city or team name. And unless I'm missing something, St. Louis is the only city in the league that it would be associated with.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McCall said:

The only thing is the bird and fleur de lis both seem to only fit with the Battlehawks. The site speculates that the fleur could be the Vipers, but it doesn't make any sense there. There's no French history with the city or team name. And unless I'm missing something, St. Louis is the only city in the league that it would be associated with.

The fleur works nicely for St. Louis. The weird geometric bird comet, however, does not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Those look like toy stuffed footballs.  They could be a replica of sorts, but until they say more I think these are just for kids.

Yup, these are min footballs, but that pattern on each of them is supposed to be on the game balls. Previously they all used the same ball, but the XFL logo was recolored for each team. 

Best Moments of the 2020 XFL Season - YouTube

XFL 2020: West Division Preview

St. Louis Battlehawks vs. Dallas Renegades Week 1 Highlights | XFL 2020 -  YouTube

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm guessing there's a bevel to the left top of the DC logo as well. 

While there might be, I wouldn’t bet on it. Note that while there’s a bevel on the lower left-hand corner of the DC Defenders’ logo, there is no corresponding bevel on the lower right-hand corner. The mark may have been designed to incorporate these asymmetrical flourishes.

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

While there might be, I wouldn’t bet on it. Note that while there’s a bevel on the lower left-hand corner of the DC Defenders’ logo, there is no corresponding bevel on the lower right-hand corner. The mark may have been designed to incorporate these asymmetrical flourishes.

There's definitely a bevel to the upper left as you can see the notches on the lower left and upper right.

ngcb2

8 hours ago, McCall said:

ngcb2ngcb2ngcb2ngcb2ngcb2

Goodness gracious, these are terrible, too!

The only one with potential is the Battlehawk, which, if built upon, would've been an upgrade.  As-is, would look terrible on a helmet, merch, etc.  

It's amazing to me with all of the great artists out there, that this is what this league went with.  Have mercy.

On 11/2/2022 at 4:34 PM, gosioux76 said:

I recall the intellectual property dispute over the Roughnecks' logo looking too derivative to the Oilers oil derrick logo, but I don't recall there ever being an issue with the Astros and the XFL. 

There was an issue with the Patriots over the Wildcatter secondary logo looking like they ripped off Flying Elvis. 

• Huh? 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I was wondering where the news was on the site, but now that it's released...  Wow.  Looks like since they can't point to the obvious D in the Renegades logo they instead said they used the Confederate battle flag as inspiration?

They're not even trying to some up with an explanation of what the animal in the Guardians logo is?  It's just a thing?

I will say, though, that I like the Vegas logo a whole lot more now that the fang aspect has been pointed out to me.  I feel dumb not noticing that earlier, but I suppose the Tampa attempt at a snake's head was in my head.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

spacer.png

spacer.png