XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

Nothing matches.

Cities don't match their team names or colors.. and then the secondary logos have different fonts and/or styles then the primary logos. This is the cheapest route possible for team branding. I'm so upset haha. I've been a loyal XFL fan since McMahon announced it back in February of 2000. What a disappointment from The Rock.

• Like 1

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

Hot take potentially but the Sea Dragons logo is an upgrade! Not in terms of design but by being actually specific to our city AND no longer a blatant UAB ripoff. 

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I'm a little surprised by the harshness of the criticism over these. 

If anything, I think this new XFL did a poor job of trying to update the prior XFL logos, but otherwise aren't these exactly what was expected? Did anybody think they were going to roll out entirely new brands when they had already bought the barely-used intellectual property of the 2020 XFL? 

I can see being underwhelmed by some of the choices. Moving the Gotham-esque Guardians to sunny Orlando is a strange move, as are some of the inconsistencies and applications of the secondary logos, for sure. Not saying any of this is great. It's just not surprising.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Here are the secondary logos:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Renegades secondary should be their primary.  

Defenders secondary in the shape of the Pentagon is logical and an upgrade.

Orlando's "G" secondary is an upgrade over their primary.  Shame they didn't just make it an "O" like Oregon.  I hope this logo is what goes on the helmet.

Houston secondary is neat.  Would be a better helmet logo than the primary.

Brahmas secondary looks like the Burgatory restaurant logo.

Seattle secondary is crap.

STL's secondary is light years better than their primary.  I dig the updated typeface - they should have indeed emulated Army West Point's branding throughout - but the primary is just horrific. 

The LV is just unforgivable.  Completely detached from the primary and the White outline makes it even worse.

I simply cannot believe this is what this group came up with.  Good god.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Moving the Gotham-esque Guardians to sunny Orlando is a strange move,

Yes, but a lion logo can work anywhere, even if it doesn't have the original reference to the statues at the New York Public Library.

Side note: this isn't the first time a New York team with a logo inspired by something in the City moved to Orlando.  The NLL's New York Titans made that move in 2009.  The team's original New York logo had an allusion to the Empire State Building (at the top of the helmet) that was removed after the move.

New York Titans (lacrosse) - Wikipedia

Orlando Titans - Wikipedia

• Like 3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 10/31/2022 at 11:16 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Yes, but a lion logo can work anywhere, even if it doesn't have the original reference to the statues at the New York Public Library.

Side note: this isn't the first time a New York team with a logo inspired by something in the City moved to Orlando.  The NLL's New York Titans made that move in 2009.  The team's original New York logo had an allusion to the Empire State Building (at the top of the helmet) that was removed after the move.

New York Titans (lacrosse) - Wikipedia

Orlando Titans - Wikipedia

You're 100% right. I think it'll come down to how the former NY Guardians logo is applied and how the colors are deployed.  The logo on the NY helmet was large and immersive, which worked really well.  If they do the same, but find a way to emphasize the brighter color, I think a lot of minds could be changed on that choice, mine included. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Volt said:

Orlando's "G" secondary is an upgrade over their primary.  Shame they didn't just make it an "O" like Oregon.  I hope this logo is what goes on the helmet.

STL's secondary is light years better than their primary.  I dig the updated typeface - they should have indeed emulated Army West Point's branding throughout - but the primary is just horrific. 

I can blow past everything else you said as just opiniated ranting, but these two takes... 🤦‍♂️

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

36 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

New Seattle alt:

artworks-000065433810-j16whg-t500x500.jp

This makes me like it even more. Watch out for your thatched roof cottageeeeeees

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

21 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So is there any reason that they could not use the old logos for the Renegades, Dragons, Defenders and Battlehawks?

They did.. kind of. Simplified them or just used them as their new secondary logos instead.

• Like 1

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League