Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

The LFL is still around?

As for Major League Football, they are going to need new head coaches as half of them that were announced in 2016 are in the XFL....if they ever get going which seems unlikely.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The LFL is still around?

As for Major League Football, they are going to need new head coaches as half of them that were announced in 2016 are in the XFL....if they ever get going which seems unlikely.

1- Yes.

2- MLFB just borrows money they'll never pay back.  Frank Murtha does business from his house in Bradenton (as if there's anything wrong with that), and still owes money to multiple parties.  MLFB cannot even certify their accounting annually.  MarketWatch has their mandatory filings. Have fun there.

If you want to internet sleuth for vaporware leagues, go try to find the court records and trail results of Christopher White and his wife after their arrest in May 2017. 

The secret to the LFL as a going concern is that their players are all volunteers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

17 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The secret to the LFL as a going concern is that their players are all volunteers.

If any of the players make more than $500 total I'd be surprised. Granted they seem to play a 6 game season that lasts 3-4 months.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

There have been multiple articles published that LFL players earn no money and get no health insurance. Mitch Mortaza, a man whose name practically yells "sweaty in a tracksuit in a lot of gold jewelry," has repeatedly said he couldn't afford to keep the league going if he had to start paying players. No, I don't know why anyone plays in it, either.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

35 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Is Orlando even considered the champion? Yeah, they had the best record when the league went kaput... but that isn't championship ring worthy.

Based on the tweet, I'm guessing Fanduel paid out AAF champion bets based on record at time of folding. It's not the worst football championship claim we've seen recently.

54 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Is Orlando even considered the champion? Yeah, they had the best record when the league went kaput... but that isn't championship ring worthy.

It's Orlando. The stadium's main tenant, UCF, did the same thing even made a livery for their campus police in addition to a ring and signage. Gotta be the water, or need for another "Florida Man" story quota.

11 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Pathetic poseurs. 

Perfect for the AAF. 

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

They should have been given cherry ring pops with a chintzy plastic trophy. That would be more appropriate.

4 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Stop this nonsense.

The business side of the league deserves plenty of criticism. The league's ownership was making it up as they went along. Once Fowler disappeared, Ebersol was reduced to grasping at straws, and he had no choice but to throw in with the dead-eyed vulture Dundon. A complete mess.

But the play on the field was often very good, especially at the top of the league. And the coaches showed admirable levels of professionalism.

Do not let valid criticism of the league's business incompetence turn into unfair and nasty snipes against players and coaches who put on a good show, and who in many cases were harmed by the league's unkept promises (such as three-year contracts).

Also, let us note that the NFL awarded its championship during its first decade based on a team finishing first. Even though the AAF's season was not played to completion as intended, the Apollos were on top at the end, and so count as legitimate champions. Every player and coach on that team deserves to be proud of their accomplishment.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Stop this nonsense.

The business side of the league deserves plenty of criticism. The league's ownership was making it up as they went along. Once Fowler disappeared, Ebersol was reduced to grasping at straws, and he had no choice but to throw in with the dead-eyed vulture Dundon. A complete mess.

But the play on the field was often very good, especially at the top of the league. And the coaches showed admirable levels of professionalism.

Do not let valid criticism of the league's business incompetence turn into unfair and nasty snipes against players and coaches who put on a good show, and who in many cases were harmed by the league's unkept promises (such as three-year contracts).

Also, let us note that the NFL awarded its championship during its first decade based on a team finishing first. Even though the AAF's season was not played to completion as intended, the Apollos were on top at the end, and so count as legitimate champions. Every player and coach on that team deserves to be proud of their accomplishment.

Three teams didn't average 300 yards of offense per game and the passing TD/INT ratio was basically 1:1 (70 TD/67 INT).  Still not very entertaining since they promised offense.  Per usual, you keep avoiding how poorly the combination of Salt Lake, Atlanta, and Memphis were overall, how poor Birmingham was offensively, and how very small numbers of folks actually paid admission to attend it. 

Ebersol was grasping at straws from the start, hence the time buy with CBS and CBSSN, no insurance until the week out, and additional time buys with NFLN and TNT.  Least we not forget the delinquent bills from as far back as October for player physicals. 

Yeah, the league was a joke from start to finish. Built on a platform of smoke and lies.

Maybe it could have grown into something.  We’ll never know, because the people in charge weren’t serious enough to ensure that it had enough time. 

And to claim a “championship” because they happened to be on top when the house of cards collapsed is the perfect dishonest ending to the whole mess.

31 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

How many times did the NFL get through half a season and go out of business before awarding that championship?

4 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

How many times did the NFL get through half a season and go out of business before awarding that championship?

Until they do, any such comparisons are farcical at best. 

Yes, the NFL once awarded its championships based on final record.  That was agreed to by all teams before the season even started.  That’s not what the AAF was going to do.  They planned a championship game, and until that game has been played there can’t be a champion.

Archived