MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

Here are the special “Americana” prematch tops that all of the American clubs will wear next week to celebrate the 4th of July (there are seven games on 7/3, three games actually on the 4th, seven games on 7/5, and one game on 7/6):

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Canadian clubs have these special Canada Day prematch tops:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Honestly, this prematch top is much better than Toronto’s current primary IMO. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/27/2019 at 9:38 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I like the idea of those teal Parley kits as a possible second as well, but MLS doesn't believe in using clash kits with colors that aren't part of the primary kit. a dark pink short and socks with black socks would be nice too. 

I'd love for the original MLS teams to have some sort of retro throwback next year as well since it would be the 25th season on Major League Soccer

That is a very good idea and fans would love to get some of those older jerseys (particularly Metrostar fans for the Red Bulls).  

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Notes:

- The Fire debuted new navy clash shorts for their secondaries, making for a really classy white/navy/white combination.

-The Red Bulls wore rainbow numbers:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yesterday’s matchup, which I would consider to be the matchup of the week:

spacer.png

The Timbers wore the white alternate shorts for their primaries for just the second time, and Dallas countered by wearing their navy clash shorts with their secondaries for just the second time as well. With the white shorts, the Timbers’ primary is the single best kit in the league IMO, and the navy clash shorts elevate Dallas’ secondaries substantially. Overall, there was a really great balance between the two kits in this matchup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yesterday’s matchup, which I would consider to be the matchup of the week:

spacer.png

The Timbers wore the white alternate shorts for their primaries for just the second time, and Dallas countered by wearing their navy clash shorts with their secondaries for just the second time as well. With the white shorts, the Timbers’ primary is the single best kit in the league IMO, and the navy clash shorts elevate Dallas’ secondaries substantially. Overall, there was a really great balance between the two kits in this matchup.

The MLS needs more of this! Less monochrome looks, regardless of if it's all white or all another color. But especially all white. Too much all white. 

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Notes:

- The Revs wore their navy clash shorts with their secondaries for the first time. Here’s a better look:

spacer.png

- All of the American teams in action last night wore the 4th of July prematch tops, while TFC wore the Canada Day prematch tops:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Notes:

- Cincy wore flag-patterned numbers:

spacer.png

- Most teams in action yesterday wore the 4th of July prematch tops. Vancouver wore the Canada Day prematch tops at LAFC, though I haven’t found a good shot showing it. In Montreal/Minnesota, neither team wore the special Canada Day & 4th of July tops.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

- NYCFC had their military appreciation game and wore these special camo prematch tops, which I assume will be another league-wide thing like the pride and 4th of July tops:

spacer.png

- Speaking of NYCFC, their matchup with my Timbers was easily one of the best looking matchups of the season thus far. Part of me wishes the Timbers wore their white clash shorts, but it was still a really gorgeous matchup overall with two of the best kits in the league.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

Rapids/Timbers is always such a nice looking matchup when the Pids are in Burgundy. Something about that burgundy and green together just really checks all the boxes for me.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

3 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

Potential leak of Atlanta's 2020 change kit. Kind of a dud.

spacer.png

ATL UTD is my only experience with MLS, so genuinely wondering -- do teams keep the star on their jersey for as long as they want?

A championship star is gold for the defending champs. After a year, it turns silver and is kept indefinitely. The graphic above should have a silver star.

This leak would be downgrade from the Peach away jersey, IMO... I'd rather see a peach-colored jersey rather than just the trim, or a white/red vertical striped kit.

Archived