MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did Columbus not change vs Seattle, which IMO is absolutely a clash, but did vs Chicago, where red vs yellow is perfectly fine?

Yes, I know, marketing, but you could’ve just as easily flipped those two games and gotten better matchups out of both.

ExJworW.png

All of the matchups from the past three days:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Notes:

- The Galaxy wore special multi-colored numbers that tie in to their social media graphics and promotional materials:

spacer.png

- NYCFC wore standard navy and white adidas socks against Colorado to avoid a sock clash. If the Rapids would’ve just worn their superior burgundy socks then NYCFC could’ve gone with their regular sky blue socks, but the Rapids seem insistent this season on having the light blue socks as their first choice look.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

What was the point of those Galaxy numbers?  At least, did they say why they were wearing something special?

I didn’t see any explanation anywhere on why they wore them. I guess just a special thing for the rivalry game, but it’s not like the numbers had any real significance to them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

33 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/07/new-york-red-bulls-19-20-away-kit.html 

By the sounds of this, NYRB are replacing their Red jersey with a black/red jersey. Could this be a homage to the Metrostars?

Next year is the 25th season, so I could see this happening. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yea I think the best move would be to update the logo, (not a complete change, but tweak/update with the same colors). Call them Chicago SC or something. Keep "Fire" as an unofficial nickname. Maybe write it in the badge or something. Like how Arsenal are the Gunners, Manchester United are the Red Devils, ect.... I think that would keep everyone happy.

Definitely keep the "Fire" motif, even if the name officially changes. Maybe something like how the Crew are officially "Columbus Crew SC", they could be "Chicago Fire SC/FC". Honestly, I have no problem with the name, and I like the identity that came with it.

14 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I beg to god it’s Chicago SC or something simple, the MLS is an actual pro league now, or more of it. Start to act like it and ditch the 90s minor league names

If the Premier League can have a team named "Hotspur", there's no problem with Fire. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

Quick hits:

- Vancouver's kits continue to be the class of the league. No other kit comes close. 

- I'll give Colorado, Chicago, and Portland (depending on the combination) honorable mentions, along with Atlanta's primaries. 

- Philadelphia will NEVER look right to me until they reclaim their broad center stripe (& center-placed badge). And as long as they have the current kits, they and DCU may as well be twins. (They have basically the same primary kits as it is.)

- SKC needs to never wear whatever shade of half-gray that is ever again...just stick to the two blues that they've been known for.

- As unique as Minnesota's gray kits are in MLS (aside from the following bullet), I've tried to like them but they just don't do it for me. They need more Minnesota blue.

- New York Gray Bulls?

- The Quakes need more red. I can never tell them and Montreal apart from a distance.

- I don't know how much of this was MLS and how much of it was Adidas corporate, but can we get some more true clash kits--and contrasting tops/bottoms? Way too many monochrome looks.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 7/23/2019 at 4:22 PM, Gothamite said:

You’d think that would be red and black stripes, not just a black jersey with red accents. 

I’m wondering if they’re just ceding that look to Atlanta. Metro had enough jerseys that didn’t have the striped motif, I guess. I don’t agree with it but I can see it happening.

at any rate I want all the originals to have homage kits to 1996 next year.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Only from the front. The red numbers on the blue stripe on the back is a perfect example of what not to do. It's terrible. 

They needed to block off that stripe to make numbers legible, or add an outline to the numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

40 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

All of the matchups from Friday and Saturday:

spacer.png

I was at this game at Gillette on Saturday and was wonder how the officials allowed both teams to wear white shorts, one with navy trim and the other with purple.

patriotssignature.png

Archived