NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

How do you view all of them? I see the Hawks “peach” one, but I can’t see the Mavs and Clippers.

There should be a "10 more" button or something like that. All of them are visible via Chrome on a laptop without clicking anything. 

-----------------------------

A few observations:

The city map of LA on the Clippers' apron is cool...but the San Andreas-esque wordmark is extremely hokey (and yes I know that font is popular is some LA areas)

The Wizards going back to the circular logo at midcourt after having the DC logo at midcourt the last couple of years is odd.

The Suns have one of the best courts in the NBA. 

The Mavericks' primary logo with the green is an upgrade, even if the court isn't the best. (why are the mavs.com and MavsShop ads (lol) upside down on the apron?)

Wish the Rockets did a throwback court with their throwback unis this year.

I don't know/don't remember if the Raptors had unveiled throwback stuff earlier this summer...but that throwback court is pretty sweet (just like the Hornets, Grizzlies, and the Jazz courts)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, NickSixers said:

OMG Dallas and Clippers.

I'd add Wizards, why the move arena name to baseline?

Cavs Classic is on fire! Clippers City look like gangsta rap theme.

BTW It look like Kings might stay with their City jersey.

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Not sure where this person got these, but someone on a Magic Discord server I’m in posted these pictures, presumably from an official NBA document, of the three courts, plus a grey and orange city court.

628-AD2-EB-25-D1-443-A-82-D2-94-BC9-FA96

6-FCC2434-2-B29-4-C74-B115-DF43-BD87-D9-

I’m not sure if it’s true or not, but thought it should go here.

Orlando's Association and Icon courts are keepers to me. Everything else, including that orange monstrosity, should get thrown in the garbage. Only thing I'd change about the Icon court is replacing the Magic wordmarks on both ends with something new like a cluster of silver and white stars. They already added pinstripes to the key. May as well implement some decorative stars to round out the look.

There is alot to take in with all those courts being leaked. All of the throwback courts are incredible. I'm blown away by the creativity with the Clippers and Mavs too because they have the two worst brands in the NBA right now and they go and do this, good job.

One thing I noticed though is that it seems like most teams are adding the actual company logo on the arena names now. Just when you thought the ad nonsense couldn't get worse.

bSLCtu2.png

Woah. That Dallas city Court is horrible. 

And the Clippers.. Wtf are they doing? The city version is bad enough but to make the primary court black and white makes no sense when your main colors are red and blue

Have we seen that Clips anniversary logo yet? Seems awfully close to Cleveland's. Also Why does Washington have a logo sheet. The only other teams who do are Golden State, Houston (both changed their logos) and Brooklyn (who added an alt logo). What changes were made to Washington's logo set.

Also Also, most of these are pretty bad, they could do a lot better, but they did nail the throwback courts.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

5 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Have we seen that Clips anniversary logo yet? Seems awfully close to Cleveland's. Also Why does Washington have a logo sheet. The only other teams who do are Golden State, Houston (both changed their logos) and Brooklyn (who added an alt logo). What changes were made to Washington's logo set.

Also Also, most of these are pretty bad, they could do a lot better, but they did nail the throwback courts.

Which logo was added for 2019? The *BKLYN* logo was added in 2018.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived