Recommended Posts

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/The-NFC-Title-Game-Lawsuit

On 7/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, Buc said:

What are they hoping for...racketeering?

 

On 7/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

New Orleans is a great city, with great people, food and culture. One of my favorite places to visit, but hot damn this has gone too far. I’ve never seen this level of sour grapes. 

 

Everybody involved with this lawsuit should be ashamed of themselves. 

 

On 7/29/2019 at 11:46 PM, alxy8s said:

I’m not sure what the end game is here. Honestly, how was this guy even considered to have standing to sue? What tangible thing did Saints fans lose? The opportunity to buy a Super Bowl t shirt?

 

All that can possibly come out of this is embarrassment for Goodell, and I’m always for that. :censored: him. I don’t know why any other fan base cares. 

The attorney who filed the suit spoke with Andrew Brant on his podcast this week. Antonio LeMon is a season ticket holder and practicing civil attorney with experience in the DAs Office.  He filed his suit after the suit which asked the game to be replayed following the penalty was rejected. 

 

The interview with LeMon starts at the 06:20 mark.

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/The-NFC-Title-Game-Lawsuit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dfwabel said:

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/The-NFC-Title-Game-Lawsuit

 

 

The attorney who filed the suit spoke with Andrew Brant on his podcast this week. Antonio LeMon is a season ticket holder and practicing civil attorney with experience in the DAs Office.  He filed his suit after the suit which asked the game to be replayed following the penalty was rejected. 

 

The interview with LeMon starts at the 06:20 mark.

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/The-NFC-Title-Game-Lawsuit

But what is the endgame? What is he hoping to get from this? Is it just money? I can’t see them winning anything else, and even if they do it will get appealed and then thrown out. This is a ridiculous case and should never even been started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dont care said:

But what is the endgame? What is he hoping to get from this? Is it just money? I can’t see them winning anything else, and even if they do it will get appealed and then thrown out. This is a ridiculous case and should never even been started. 

It is not about money to him as LeMon filed it in state court, not federal as the three three federal suits filed were thrown out.  His monetary request is at the state civil limit of $75,000 which would be donated to Steve Gleason's charity.  LeMon is looking for the NFL to admit that ticketholders and fans have an uniform expectation of rules enforcement if a rule is violated.  In addition, the suit brings up the issue of bias since four officials were from Southern California. 

 

Listen to the conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 11:55 PM, dfwabel said:

Well, they are now a 9.5 point underdog (and rising) for Week 1 @SEA.

 

If you're a gambler person put everything you own on the Seahawks to cover that spread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

 

If you're a gambler person put everything you own on the Seahawks to cover that spread. 

 

Forget covering the spread, put that money on Seattle beating the Bungals like the red head step child they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dfwabel said:

It is not about money to him as LeMon filed it in state court, not federal as the three three federal suits filed were thrown out.  His monetary request is at the state civil limit of $75,000 which would be donated to Steve Gleason's charity.  LeMon is looking for the NFL to admit that ticketholders and fans have an uniform expectation of rules enforcement if a rule is violated.  In addition, the suit brings up the issue of bias since four officials were from Southern California. 

 

Listen to the conversation.

But what more do they want than they have already done? The NFL and VP of officiating have said the call was blown. They have changed rules to make penalties or lack there of challengeable. His explanation does nothing to change my view on him being a butthurt “superfan” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

 

Forget covering the spread, put that money on Seattle beating the Bungals like the red head step child they are.

 

chill out. I literally just said the Seahawks were going to win by more than 9.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see Champ Bailey getting into Canton.  His 2006 season was unreal and may have been one of the best individual seasons in the league's history.

 

Thrown at 35 times, allowed 4 completions, 21 pass defenses, 10 interceptions, 98 tackles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem isn't him getting reinstated, problem is him staying clean if he does. 

 

Would hate to see him be another Martavis Bryant (Yeah, I know Gordon's problems go beyond just weed). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Problem isn't him getting reinstated, problem is him staying clean if he does. 

 

Would hate to see him be another Martavis Bryant (Yeah, I know Gordon's problems go beyond just weed). 

 

Glad this clown isn't my problem anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PittsburghSucks said:

 

Glad this clown isn't my problem anymore.

I’m curious if you felt this way before The Browns landed OBJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I’m curious if you felt this way before The Browns landed OBJ. 

 

I was glad last year when we were able to get anything for this guy. I said when he was traded he wouldn't make it to the end of the season and I was right. Getting rid of him was addition by subtraction. BTW, why does he feel it's time for reinstatement? Because the last time he used he was suspended for over a year. That would have you thinking this time it should be even longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, McCarthy said:

 

If you're a gambler person put everything you own on the Seahawks to cover that spread. 

 

So your NFL persona is the basically the equivalent of @Bucfan56's NHL gimmick. I mean, I get it. The Bengals are even less of a regular season threat than the Sharks. Just want to keep everything straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

 

Glad this clown isn't my problem anymore.

Isn’t the story with him is that his drug abuse problems were closely related to his mental health problems? If so it’s pretty wrong to call him a clown for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Isn’t the story with him is that his drug abuse problems were closely related to his mental health problems? If so it’s pretty wrong to call him a clown for it

 

Plenty of people with mental health issues are able to maintain sobriety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Problem isn't him getting reinstated, problem is him staying clean if he does. 

 

Would hate to see him be another Martavis Bryant (Yeah, I know Gordon's problems go beyond just weed). 

Everyone deserves a 9th chance! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

 

So your NFL persona is the basically the equivalent of @Bucfan56's NHL gimmick. I mean, I get it. The Bengals are even less of a regular season threat than the Sharks. Just want to keep everything straight.

 

As long as he pays me the royalties, I'm good with this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

 

Plenty of people with mental health issues are able to maintain sobriety.

 

This. I know a lot of people with mental health issues. They usually know not to get high if they can get fired for being high. Josh Gordon needs to actually take steps to live with his mental health isssues and try to work with them rather than self-medicating with hard narcotics (I'm not talking about weed, I mean the harder stuff he did. Weed ain't helping his mental issues, though. I can tell you that much.)

Edited by Red Comet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

 

This. I know a lot of people with mental health issues. They usually know not to get high if they can get fired for being high. Josh Gordon needs to actually take steps to live with his mental health isssues and try to work with them rather than self-medicating with hard narcotics (I'm not talking about weed, I mean the harder stuff he did. Weed ain't helping his mental issues, though. I can tell you that much.)

 

It is possible to have a mental illness and also be an alcoholic and addict. 

 

https://www.nami.org/learn-more/mental-health-conditions/related-conditions/dual-diagnosis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.