2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, willmorris said:

I think we can put to rest the idea of Notre Dame being at the Power 5 level with their disgraceful performance tonight. Good luck ever getting into the CFP again.

St. Augustine Hermits and their "Voice" still holding grudges against the University of Notre Dame?

Hey, I'm trying to be objective. They don't exactly play the same kinds of schedules that a Power 5 team plays. And until they do, I really can't see them being a part of the CFP. We've seen what happens when they play elite competition - that was last year when they got curbstomped by Clemson. Or do you forget the last time they were in the national title game and got embarrassed by Alabama?

LvZYtbZ.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Well, it was a fun run. Can't wait to hear all about this game whenever someone suggests that UCF might actually be a good team ever again.

They're good, but the idea they're as good as the other playoff caliber teams has always been laughable.  They don't recruit blue chips... they're not going to be as good as teams that have high blue chip ratios.  And while they can get themselves up, especially at home, and bring a ton of energy for these rare games against P5 teams, I think today showed it's not something that can be done week after week.

IUe6Hvh.png

13 minutes ago, willmorris said:

I think we can put to rest the idea of Notre Dame being at the Power 5 level with their disgraceful performance tonight. Good luck ever getting into the CFP again.

Did we watch different games?  I'm probably more skeptical of Georgia than most, but a short-manned ND team hanging with them in Athens is pretty impressive.

IUe6Hvh.png

4 minutes ago, willmorris said:

Hey, I'm trying to be objective. They don't exactly play the same kinds of schedules that a Power 5 team plays. And until they do, I really can't see them being a part of the CFP. We've seen what happens when they play elite competition - that was last year when they got curbstomped by Clemson. Or do you forget the last time they were in the national title game and got embarrassed by Alabama?

Yea. They play a tougher one, always without a FCS team (or two)

9 minutes ago, See Red said:

Did we watch different games?  I'm probably more skeptical of Georgia than most, but a short-manned ND team hanging with them in Athens is pretty impressive.

He doesn't like ND.

Kirby Smart is still trying to win playing 2004-07 era college football with a weak-armed QB and risk-averse offense.

UGA ran just 59 plays tonight and controlled Time of Possession for 34:31. That's Jimbo @ FSU slow. That's too hard of a task to win with in 2019 over 14 weeks.  That is WAY too hard to do.  33 of the 59 were runs, so they have to be ahead of the sticks.  They were just 4/11 on 3rd down conversions. That's still hard to win when your total yards were just 339.

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

What? San Jose State 'bout to put the wood to Arkansas?

I was annoyed with how bad Arkansas State's defense was today, but holy :censored: this made my night! I'm gobsmacked by how truly wretched Arkansas is right now. Can't wait until they get that scumbag Petrino back because what they need right now is a bad recruiter who won two games in his final season at Louisville.

If there are any AP voters reading this, let me know before you put Arizona State in the top 25. As a Sun Devil expert, I can let you know how to properly vote and would have told you not to do it. Granted, I understand 25 is a lot, and at some point you're just randomly throwing in teams you've heard of like Nebraska, Texas, Michigan, or somebody from Florida.

1 hour ago, willmorris said:

Right, they play harder schedules...

1 hour ago, willmorris said:

Alabama also got curb stomped by Clemson, so maybe Clemson was just the best team in college football by a whole lot or something, who could say?

Anthony Gordon of Washington State has thrown a record 8 TD's vs. UCLA and maybe he'll throw another because UCLA is only down 10.

30 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

The Pac-12 South is big ol' bag of mediocrity

Chip Kelly may have gotten his groove back!

They look like a totally different team in Q2 and Q3 with Josh Kelley at RB

Crazily, they only extend scholarships on the 8th of the month!!!

EDIT: UCLA forced a punt and can easily win this game.

*Stugotz, how bout that!!

EDIT EDIT:  Wazzu RB #21..."deceptive speed"  😀

NINE passing touchdowns! And there's still six minutes left between two teams who can't play defense apparently. We might hit ten.

If you were one of the people pissed off about last year's Chiefs-Rams game, please don't turn your TV to ESPN right now or you might spontaneously combust.

3 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

NINE passing touchdowns! And there's still six minutes left between two teams who can't play defense apparently. We might hit ten.

If you were one of the people pissed off about last year's Chiefs-Rams game, please don't turn your TV to ESPN right now or you might spontaneously combust.

Dorian Thompson-Robinson was not a HS QB until his senior year at Vegas Bishop Gorman due to Tate Martell but he looks fantastic.

He is far from accurate, but is great tonight.

ESPN has made a wider view too just to see how open these dudes are. 

Fantastic.

Archived