Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

spacer.pngI believe the new wordmark, font, and numbers are already on display at the renovated spring training facility. You can see the 50 in the patch on the Bernie bobblehead has the same number font as the numbers on display in Maryvale. I bet we have been looking at the Brewers wordmark and number font for the last year and didn't even know it.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I doubt it would be the 2021 season.  They will be celebrating their 50th anniversary with the 2020 season, so it makes much more sense to bring out a new look for that, rather than have it coincide with a stadium name change.  Having said that, the newly remodeled store opens on the 18th so I would think the unveil would be on or before that day...it also makes sense to have the new stuff out for holiday shopping.  But it is the Brewers so I wouldn't put it past them to screw this whole thing up.

7 hours ago, NicDB said:

They're not screwing it up. Wisconsin is lousy with cheap idiots the Brewers know they can nickel and dime thinking they're getting a good deal on holiday merch. Then once they sold out of their back stock, they can ride the excitement of spring training and unveil the new stuff.

I hope that's not actually the case. But the longer they drag this on, the more I'm inclined to believe it.

Thats my point.  The Brewers have been putting out so little info that barely anyone even knows theres a change coming.  And if they do know a change is coming, half of them already know about the stadium name change next year and think that itll all be together.  Whether thats them screwing the pooch on this and just not giving a release date, or are deliberately not releasing info so they can still bait people into buying dated gear remains to be seen.  But we can all agree, the lack of info is insanely aggravating.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

9 hours ago, bauerat02 said:

spacer.pngI bet we have been looking at the Brewers wordmark and number font for the last year and didn't even know it.

Gotta love how the “9” vaguely resembles a beer barrel.

If the Spring Training signage is any indicator of the new Brewers’ uniform numbers and scripts, I for one will be very happy.

Didn't the Motre Bame set have distinctly greenish-grey road uniforms? I could dig that for the Brewers. Leave bluish-grey for whenever the Royals come to their senses and drop regular grey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

25 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Didn't the Motre Bame set have distinctly greenish-grey road uniforms? I could dig that for the Brewers. Leave bluish-grey for whenever the Royals come to their senses and drop regular grey.

Greenish-gray only worked (to the extent that it did) because all the trim was green.

85181a_med.jpeg

That shade of gray would look awful with navy and athletic gold.

When they tweaked the design in 1996, the trim was blue and the gray was a more traditional shade.

98648a_med.jpeg

Team store logo still has the old branding.

My god, if they really are planning to bombard us with the new identity as a side note of a stupid "re-opening," the team's marketing director needs to be fired immediately.  Especially after seeing what the Padres did.

47 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Team store logo still has the old branding.

My god, if they really are planning to bombard us with the new identity as a side note of a stupid "re-opening," the team's marketing director needs to be fired immediately.  Especially after seeing what the Padres did.

Yet the actual graphic colors are the new ones.

With this amount of leaks already there’s no way this is a 2021 thing. If anything the team’s probably downplaying the change since they figure that they’re going full time to an already-used logo with changes the average fan won’t notice. It’s almost looking like this’ll be announced via tweet at this point a la Arizona.

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, LMU said:

Yet the actual graphic colors are the new ones.

With this amount of leaks already there’s no way this is a 2021 thing. If anything the team’s probably downplaying the change since they figure that they’re going full time to an already-used logo with changes the average fan won’t notice. It’s almost looking like this’ll be announced via tweet at this point a la Arizona.

Given the tone-deafness the franchise has displayed for years pertaining to branding, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is what happened.

However, I stand by my point.  They have a golden chance to get the fans and community excited about the return of a civic icon and they're refusing to even say one word about it. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Well, this is a pretty good look at it. 

I didn't realize how much the change in the shape of the lines in the M/between the glove fingers bothers me until seeing the logos side by side like this.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived