Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, PadreHomer said:

It's been streamlined a bit. It's still clearly an "m" and a "b". It looks clean and modern and still in line with the original logo. I really don't know what people have to complain about.

In the end, I'm sure the people on this board will be the only ones complaining.

55 minutes ago, PadreHomer said:

I really don't know what people have to complain about.

I mean, they've made it very clear what their complaints are about and, like it or not, they're valid complaints.. This is very different than those who seemingly complain just for the sake of complaining. 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yes but a tennis ball doesn't have actual laces so drawing a baseball with just a wavy line that doesn't in any way imply laces can make it look like a tennis ball. Every other MLB logo that shows seams shows laces. The ball in glove never showed laces. The Marlins primary logo implies a baseball using only the laces and it's the laces that let you know it's implying a baseball. If the Marlins logo using a curved line without the laces you might not realize it was supposed to be a baseball. So, bottom line, the laces are important and the ball in glove has never used laces so it could definitely look like a tennis ball.

The Phillies' swirly P doesn't show laces. The Dodgers' logo doesn't show laces. 

And the updated Brewers' logo doesn't show laces. Because it's yellow and white, you could still argue it's a tennis ball. 

And at a high level, there's no reason it would be a tennis ball in a baseball team logo. Since logos are art, I'm not sure that every literal detail needs to be included. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/5/2019 at 11:17 PM, jus2damcrazey219 said:
On 11/2/2019 at 10:15 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

2010-014_Phillies_01.jpg

On 11/5/2019 at 5:20 PM, bcon_731 said:

Where in philly is this? 

Walnut St. By 24th Street. The bridge by the Schulykill Banks.

Wow!  I have ridden my bike right past there several times during my trips to Philadelphia, and I never saw this mural.  The reason I didn't see it is that Walnut Street is one way going west, but you can see this mural only if you are looking east!

Anyway, my favourite baseball-related mural in Philly depicts an historic moment in New York baseball: Jackie Robinson's steal of home in the 1955 World Series.

Robinson-Berra-mural.jpg

This mural is located on Broad Street at Somerset Street.  The building is on the northeast corner; and the mural is on the north side of the building, so can be seen while looking south down Broad Street.

The day I found this, I was already in a baseball-history-type mood, because I was riding along Lehigh Avenue in order to visit the sites of Shibe Park and the Baker Bowl.  And the Universe cooperated by presenting me with this piece dedicated to a very historic baseball moment.

P.S. — Robinson was called safe mainly because his jump was so great.  Yogi had his glove down on the ground in front of home plate, so Robinson's foot would have to have touched Yogi's glove before it touched the plate.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Indeed.

I don't know why "You nerds!" is surprising; we see it often enough on these boards.  But it's always disappointing.

Why do you think I dislike Extra Credits’ James “historians spend too much time quibbling over sources, which means I can use horribly outdated ones” Portnow so much? This is aside from the numerous allegations about him being an abusive bastard towards his employees, of course.

I might kind of agree with the “you nerds!” people, but that approach is just dickish. At least understand why the “nerds” are upset. Heck, I like the changes to the BiG, but I empathize with the people who think the Brewers screwed it up. We have emotional connections to these designs and changing it up for an undisclosed reason to something that may be less appealing to some would be hurtful. Heck, if the Giants screwed up their home uniforms, I’d be pretty peeved!

Empathy goes a long way in making us more agreeable people. 

As a non-Brewers fan, I can say that the new BIG is a lateral move. There's some stuff that I immediately hate about the new glove (The front fact facing seams on the baseball and the fact the little white gap is gone), and then there's stuff I like about it (The fixed webbing on the M, the fact the M & B are connected now up top and the fact the B is no longer bottom heavy thanks to the fixed placing of the baseball)

Personally, I'd like to see what the new glove would look like with the old baseball and said white gap, just to see if those two little quirks from the past make the logo better, but I'm not sure if anyone would be open to mocking that up. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Wow!  I have ridden my bike right past there several times during my trips to Philadelphia, and I never saw this mural.  The reason I didn't see it is that Walnut Street is one way going west, but you can see this mural only if you are looking east!

Anyway, my favourite baseball-related mural in Philly depicts an historic moment in New York baseball: Jackie Robinson's steal of home in the 1955 World Series.

Robinson-Berra-mural.jpg

This mural is located on Broad Street at Somerset Street.  The building is on the northeast corner; and the mural is on the north side of the building, so can be seen while looking south down Broad Street.

The day I found this, I was already in a baseball-history-type mood, because I was riding along Lehigh Avenue in order to visit the sites of Shibe Park and the Baker Bowl.  And the Universe cooperated by presenting me with this piece dedicated to a very historic baseball moment.

P.S. — Robinson was called safe mainly because his jump was so great.  Yogi had his glove down on the ground in front of home plate, so Robinson's foot would have to have touched Yogi's glove before it touched the plate.

Yeah u'd have to be walking down Walnut going east or walking backwards 😂🤣😁 to see that mural. 

There's another one by Fairmount Park celebrating the old Philly Stars, negro baseball team. I think that's where there stadium was.spacer.png

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I have a problem with anyone using “nerds” as a derogatory. 

My word of caution to my fellow nerds is that we should not use our knowledge to become gatekeepers. 

That’s why I brought up the white sliver. While noticing the “m” and “b” element is something a lot of people figure out, knowing that the space in the webbing is always white no matter the background is much more unique knowledge. Sort of a secret only us nerds would really pay attention to. 

With that in mind I was doing a little self-psychoanalysis. Wondering if that element means more because it’s one that’s more limited in awareness. 

Part of being a nerd is feeling good about enjoying something (even if that something is the barley sheaf logo) and that depends on openness. 

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Former Brewer beat writer, current radio personality and occasional Official Scorer Drew Olson tweeted a short time ago that he is expecting a cream uniform as part of the package.

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

So they will have a home/away/cream alt/throwbacks?

Assuming they add a navy alt along with them, that sounds like it could be a lot of uniforms... I'm not sure I like that.

I'm sure I don't like that. 

But it's been part and parcel of the Brewers' uniforms for a very long time.  And sadly, they aren't alone.

26 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

We can appreciate the teams with 2 or maybe 3 uniforms these days but let's not act like there's only one or two teams who have too many uniforms. Having too many (5 or more?) is probably more commonplace than those with just two.

Which is why I said "sadly, they aren't alone" in having that many uniforms.

I'm hoping he means the home pinstripes will be cream.  I don't automatically associate pinstripes with the Yankees like some people, but cream would at least be a way to distinguish a design using navy pins as uniquely Brewers.

Archived