Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Also, who was the main "star" during that period?

23braun-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality=75&a

I'm sure fans won't be shedding too many tears when Braun goes away.

Also, those gold jerseys looked terrible. Let's hope the only gold jerseys they'll bring back are PMS 1235 C and PMS 1235 C alone.

I actually liked that jersey alot. I remember the first time I saw them playing on TV in that jersey, I was in the Lambeau Field Atrium and I saw them playing a Brewers game on the TV's and they had that jersey on. I was impressed by how good it looked on TV, I thought from the pics it would look weird but it was pretty decent.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NicDB said:

Not sure social media is a good gauge here... whenever I go to a game the BiG seems to be at least as popular with 20 somethings as it is with the over 30s. Maybe even more. Besides, let the Brewers win a World Series in the new uniforms and no one will clamor for the Barley M.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Social media is never a good gauge of anything.

I would be very surprised if there was a great fondness for the motion-sickness M.  Even the success they’ve had in recent years is at least partially associated with the BiG retro throwbacks.  So it’s unfair to credit the current uniforms as representing the most successful era. 

Actually I have a job in marketing and social media is one of the best ways to gather information about consumers and their likes and dislikes. So I think it is a great way to gauge what people like. Also when I'm on my college campus, I'd say it's about 70/30 split on if someone is wearing Brewers gear in favor of the current logo. Now that is probably just because that's the current logo and that will definitely change with the new logo but that's just what I've noticed. 

On 11/2/2019 at 10:15 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Eh... depends.  There's a "permanent" (meaning, one's been up for 10 years so far) huge murals near me on the sides of large/old buildings.  One celebrating the Phillies NL/WS championships, with key players from each era all around them.  I can't recall the exact error unless I go look at it again, but there's something... that probably only I notice.\

EDIT: Re Phillies, there's at least one player with a front number under his script, which was never a thing:

2010-014_Phillies_01.jpg

5 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

Where in philly is this? 

Walnut St. By 24th Street. The bridge by the Schulykill Banks.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

12 hours ago, natolian10 said:

Actually I have a job in marketing and social media is one of the best ways to gather information about consumers and their likes and dislikes. So I think it is a great way to gauge what people like. 

No, it’s not.  Quick, what percentage of Americans are on Twitter?  Instagram?  

It’s not even a great way to gauge what people on that social media platform think. Among the larger platforms like facebook, what percentage of those users actively participate?

If I ever have enough money to buy and operate a minor league team I'm going to put it in Cheyenne and name it the "Wyoming Wasteland."  

It'll remind me of the drive across the state on I-80.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No, it’s not.  Quick, what percentage of Americans are on Twitter?  Instagram?  

It’s not even a great way to gauge what people on that social media platform think. Among the larger platforms like facebook, what percentage of those users actively participate?

As someone who works in market research, I have to agree here. But mostly because unless you're mining through the backend social media data, you have no idea the demographic information for any of these people to determine if they really fall into your target (especially on Twitter & Instagram). You can't really run any cross analysis against different subsets if you don't have them.

But then again, every research project only includes what's been determined as a representative sample, which in itself is flawed (but mostly accepted). So you could apply to the same "what percentage of people actively participated" in any study.

16 minutes ago, fnz said:

But then again, every research project only includes what's been determined as a representative sample, which in itself is flawed (but mostly accepted). So you could apply to the same "what percentage of people actively participated" in any study.

Oh, absolutely.  Every study has to weigh the participants.  

But when you start with a self-selecting pool of people, it will always narrow the conclusions you can draw.  If you only poll people as they enter the front door of one high school, for example, you can't claim to have learned anything about the opinions of middle school students.  Just as this community here isn't representative of anything other than this community here and can't be extrapolated out to sports fans in general or the general public in general. :D 

The connection is the only issue I really have so far. Yeah the one sided seams were better, but overall, it's still a massive upgrade (non-Brewers fan's take) over the current/soon-to-be-previous set. I guess I just look at as it could've been so much worse. Which sounds kinda sad, I know.

I don’t understand how this is inherently worse than any previous versions of the BiG. The ball seems cleaner if anything and I honestly don’t remember how the previous webbing connected. If you showed me this I would assume it’s the normal throwback logo 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

13 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I don’t understand how this is inherently worse than any previous versions of the BiG. The ball seems cleaner if anything and I honestly don’t remember how the previous webbing connected. If you showed me this I would assume it’s the normal throwback logo 

It connects the m and b, which were separate, so that they don't read as the team's initials as well as they used to. It's navy blue instead of royal blue. Therefore, it is worse.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It connects the m and b, which were separate, so that they don't read as the team's initials as well as they used to. It's navy blue instead of royal blue. Therefore, it is worse.

I think it works better in that case, reads more like a glove and it still clearly says M and B. The navy also is better than royal.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I always thought that navy blue and athletic gold was an underrated color scheme. The biggest problem for most of the teams that use this color scheme is that it comes at the expense of the equally as beautiful royal blue and athletic gold. I think either one world for the Brewers, and if anything a mix of their blues would go a LONG way. 

As for the new BIG, I think the only downgrade is the connection above the old mystery webbing spot. If they had had the yellow tapered bar connect, this would be perfect. I think both the placement and the stitching on the ball is a HUGE upgrade. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Honestly, I think if the before and after were flipped, people would be complaining about the very things they say are superior. "What's with the little weird white notch?", " Why'd they change the ball to one seam? It doesn't look like a baseball anymore?!", etc.

Archived