2020 College Football

MJWalker45

5 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Rumors saying the B1G will have an 8-game schedule, with a conference title game.  That's not terrible, given how long they've dragged their feet on this.  It's basically a game short from a typical, 9-game conference slate -- meaning that you lose one of the cross-divisional games -- and of course non-cons are gone.

So, 8 conference games and zero opposition from non-conference teams.  That could probably work...cough SEC every year... cough...

How are you guys gonna :censored: the bed against Northwestern this year?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Rough day at the office for everyone who pretends the Big Ten has some sort of moral high ground over everyone else, but if Penn State and Michigan State couldn't stop you, why stop now?

Ohio State too, and Maryland, and Mcihigan, and Rutgers, and Iowa, and you know what, literally no B1G athletic department can be trusted to be held accountable by their associated higher ed institution.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

41 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Mission accomplished, fellow football soldiers.

Fortunately, I've never heard of this guy until a few minutes ago.  He also posted a tweet with this text accompanied by a picture of soldiers with B1G logos over their faces . . . and he seems serious.

"It's been a long war. It's been a tough war." - Band of Brothers Today is a day that will forever be remembered in history. On this day, the Big 10 won the war to save college football. I'm proud to have served with each and every one of you.

Someone certainly has a slightly warped sense of the value and importance of college sports.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

30 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Fortunately, I've never heard of this guy until a few minutes ago.  He also posted a tweet with this text accompanied by a picture of soldiers with B1G logos over their faces . . . and he seems serious.

Someone certainly has a slightly warped sense of the value and importance of college sports.

No more so than College Sports themselves.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 hours ago, rams80 said:

How are you guys gonna :censored: the bed against Northwestern this year?

Probably the same way Ohio State does against Purdue. What's your point? 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

That B1G Arkansas or Tennessee really shouldn't want football this much anymore.

Today, we are all otaku.

16 hours ago, CS85 said:

Mission accomplished, fellow football soldiers.

America's biggest military wins...Revolutionary War, World War II, and The Big Ten Conflict of 2020.

Can all involved in this deadly war be eligible for VA benefits?

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

America's biggest military wins...Revolutionary War, World War II, and The Big Ten Conflict of 2020.

Can all involved in this deadly war be eligible for VA benefits?

Not service related . . . (VA humor)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I should point out that this attitude isn't limited to the Power 5.

I follow a Lafayette sports message board (niche interest, to be sure) and most of the regulars are freaking out about the absence of Patriot League football.  Many of them are also freaking out because the college went fully virtual with a mostly empty campus while other Patriot League schools have students on campus, so there's that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I feel like this should be part of 2020 bingo. 

I wonder what else will happen? Pac-12 seems to be leaning in the direction of starting football up again now or at least looking into it. 

https://www.mercurynews.com/state-restrictions-lifted-for-pac-12-football-teams-in-california-oregon-the-path-back-just-got-easier

As far as 2020 Bingo, I'm expecting to wake up to something like Dennis Rodman being (officially) named Ambassador to North Korea.

12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

This almost feels like trolling.

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

There weren't any options in San Diego apparently.  

Is the new stadium where Qualcomm stood being built yet? If it's starting after this year it makes sense. Petco Park could be used but if the Padres are expected to make a deep run in the playoffs I understand not wanting to swap out baseball and football layouts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

35 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

Even if the Padres are eliminated right away Petco is being used as part of the LA-SD bubble for the ALDS and ALCS

I meant for 2021. Mountain West are currently working to get back on the field so that's why I asked about Qualcomm. This year they could use USD's stadium if they aren't allowing fans.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived