2020 College Football

MJWalker45

4 hours ago, JayMac said:

I never expected to be ringside for a Huskers/Hoosier slugfest!

Anyway, how do you think the CFP committee will handle the rankings of the B1G teams? The teams will only have played 3 or 4 games by that time. Others will have played at least 2 or 3 games more by that time.

I think you'll see Big Ten teams around 8-12 to start and move up as SEC and ACC teams knock each other off. I'm expecting a team each from the Power 5 teams (not PAC-12). Even if the PAC-12 plays, if they aren't on the field by October 31st, it may be too late. 

7 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Can someone please find me a Texas or Penn State fan to argue with instead? 🤣

What about Michigan? They seem to think Ohio State's schedule is easier. 

On 9/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, the admiral said:

I think the NFL had a responsibility to make it back out there. That's what the money's for. But players who aren't getting paid, while universities are running this Treehouse-of-Horror-where-they-eat-Uter scam whereby kids get expelled for sneezing and forfeit their tuition money? No, screw them, no college football.

I just wish some of the fans would finally admit that their joy supersedes anybody else's in the world. Kansas City fans were okay saying that. 

3 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

If anything, the committee might hold some victories as much more important then others because the conferences are largely sticking to themselves this season. For example, Ohio State being 4-0 with a strong victory might hold more weight then, say, Texas or Oklahoma at 7-0 with no strong victories.

I think this is why whomever is tops in the SEC will get the #1 seed and the Big XII will get #4. Especially since 3 Big XII teams got beaten by "lower class" opposition at home.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Can someone please find me a Texas or Penn State fan to argue with instead? 🤣

You called?

Actually, I have no hard feelings with Nebraska so I'd be a pretty boring person to get into a discussion with about the two programs. 

The Pac-12 and Big Ten have always been together hand in hand largely because of the Rose Bowl. That explains a lot... of course, money plays a gigantic role, but I think everyone knows.

Also joining the Pac-12 is The Mountain West, who will play a normal conference schedule. They'll kick off at the same time as the Big Ten.

The Mid-American has a meeting today where they might have a 6 game schedule set at the same time the Pac-12 kicks off.

The Big Ten and Pac-12 (along with the MWC and MAC, but they're not nearly as important in the larger scale of things) were banking on everyone following them in cancelling entirely, and it didn't happen. Now they're all crawling back.

With that said, I can't wait for when 6-0 Ohio State gets in the playoffs over whatever team goes undefeated in the American.

ExJworW.png

53 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The Big Ten and Pac-12 (along with the MWC and MAC, but they're not nearly as important in the larger scale of things) were banking on everyone following them in cancelling entirely, and it didn't happen. Now they're all crawling back.

With that said, I can't wait for when 6-0 Ohio State gets in the playoffs over whatever team goes undefeated in the American.

At this rate it will be Houston since they can't seem to get a game in. They've had five games postponed or cancelled so far.

I would also let teams continue to practice even if they didn't make a bowl because you just know there will be a few teams that have to drop out due to COVID and they'll need a replacement team. My hope is we get a winless Arkansas or Mizzou into a bowl because again, this season is pointless.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Well, since every year, Ohio State gets to play Michigan, while Michigan has to play Ohio State, you could say that, yes, OSU's schedule, by definition, is easier than Michigan's.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, MJWalker45 said:

They'd be right.

Ohio State: vs Nebraska, at Penn State, vs Rutgers, at Maryland, vs Indiana, at Illinois, at Michigan State, vs Michigan

Michigan: at Minnesota, vs Michigan State, at Indiana, vs Wisconsin, at Rutgers, vs Penn State, vs Maryland, at Ohio State

Michigan drew Minnesota and Wisconsin from the west, while Ohio State got Nebraska and Illinois (both at home, while Michigan is away at Minnesota EDIT: OSU is actually away at Illinois). Ohio State being at PSU when Michigan is at home doesn't make up the difference, especially when Michigan is away for The Game.

ExJworW.png

3 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

They'd be right.

Ohio State: vs Nebraska, at Penn State, vs Rutgers, at Maryland, vs Indiana, at Illinois, at Michigan State, vs Michigan

Michigan: at Minnesota, vs Michigan State, at Indiana, vs Wisconsin, at Rutgers, vs Penn State, vs Maryland, at Ohio State

Michigan drew Minnesota and Wisconsin from the west, while Ohio State got Nebraska and Illinois (both at home, while Michigan is away at Minnesota). Ohio State being at PSU when Michigan is at home doesn't make up the difference, especially when Michigan is away for The Game.

But are they so significant as to be a walkover of a schedule compared to Michigan? That's not the case. It's easier, but it's not that much easier. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

But are they so significant as to be a walkover of a schedule compared to Michigan? That's not the case. It's easier, but it's not that much easier. 

I agree, but saying that Michigan fans "seem to think Ohio State's schedule is easier" implies that they're wrong in that assumption. It's not a massive difference, but one does exist.

ExJworW.png

11 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

The MAC is back. They'll do a six game season starting on Wednesday, November 4th, You know what this means...

MACtion, baby!

I am not sure whether or not they will have fans in the stands but it always seems like most teams in the conference average about 5,000 spectators. At least the crowd noise might not be too different.

The last domino to fall. As of right now, only UConn, New Mexico State, and Old Dominion will not be playing this fall.

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

I am not sure whether or not they will have fans in the stands but it always seems like most teams in the conference average about 5,000 spectators. At least the crowd noise might not be too different.

The last domino to fall. As of right now, only UConn, New Mexico State, and Old Dominion will not be playing this fall.

There will be no fans at the games for the MAC. The Mountain West might have fans, but that will depend on local and state guides for that.

22 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

At this rate it will be Houston since they can't seem to get a game in. They've had five games postponed or cancelled so far.

It's almost like this is a bad idea.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived